PDA

View Full Version : After I've medicated myself thoughroly

Schnook
02-05-2006, 12:52 AM
I don't personally know a single soul on this site. Sometimes it's probably better to vent to strangers. We found out yesterday that we can't have our own kids. My wife's clock sort of ran out. We wanted to start trying 4 years ago, but she had to take anthrax and other shots before being deployed, which precluded any thought of trying to get pregnant. We hope to adopt. She suggested a surrogate, but if it's not half her, it won't matter if it's half me. I still hope to raise a glass with some of you some time and say, "Isn't my kid great!" But right now, I don't think I've ever been so sad in all my life. I have to be strong for her, though.
No reply necessary.

MrsDigger
02-05-2006, 11:18 AM
My prayers are with you and your wife, and I hope things work out for you.

Rootsy
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
that absolutely stinks... but i reckon that if you cannot recreate yourself, then accepting a child who has no one into your life is a gift unto itself... love goes beyond blood eh...

God bless

J

MOP
02-05-2006, 08:59 PM
After my older brother and I went into the service my mom & dad got "Empty Nest Syndrome" and adopted my brother David. He is to all of us just as much a part of everything in our lives as we are to each other, your love and strength will get even stronger.

Phil