PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kimmel Live

Ranman
02-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Jimmy Kimmel Live is taping here in Detroit for Superbowl XL. Jenn and I got tickets to last night's taping so we headed downtown to the Little Gem Theatre. The shows are overbooked and since we had only requested the "free tickets", we missed the cutoff to be in the studio audience by about 25 people.

We were still sort of waiting in line outside trying to figure out what was happening and what to do when one of the producers for the show approached Jenn and asked if we wanted to do a promotion and be on TV. Not really knowing what it was about we said "sure" and went along with it. We were then led inside to a VIP bar area where we had a few drinks and waited to see what would materialize.

It turned out that we were asked to do a promo for Coors Light where we would all be standing around having fun, chatting and taking Coors beer from a waitress' tray. So, if you happen to watch Jimmy Kimmel Live between now and Sunday while they're in Detroit, when they get ready to go to commercial, and they say "Jimmy Kimmel Live is brought to you by Coors Light" you'll see me, Donzi Jenn and several others on the spot enjoying our Coors. :cool: :cool:

After that was over, the producers led us up to the Pontiac Garage (seperate from the main theatre) where we were able to watch Buddy Guy perform. We were literally standing in the front row directly in front of Buddy's mic and made TV several times during the performance.

Though we never made it into the theatre for the taping, we had an awesome time at JKL. I thought it would be fun to share our exciting experience with you all since I've never been seen by 30 mikllion people before.

Be sure to look out for us on the Coors spot if you happen to catch Kimmel tonight or Sunday. :wavey:

We did it for you Digger! "FooShang!!!".

onesubdrvr
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Randy,

What a cool experience, congratulations.

I don't normally watch the show, but if I'm up, I'll flip to it and see if I catch 'ya.

What a blast!

Wayne

Tony
02-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Awesome, Randy! You guys certainly seem to be in the right spot at the right time. My guess is that it was Jenn that caught the producer's eye! :rlol:
But, with your "stature", it should be easy to pick you out on the ad.

I am stoked, tomorrow night is the Kid Rock show. We are getting there early afternoon to spend some time cruising up and down Woodward Ave. Have fun this weekend at whatever parties you end up at!

MrsDigger
02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Digger and I didn't get your message until this morning...when you called, it was past our bedtime! Digger got a big giggle from Jenn's message, and for him to giggle at 5am, you have to be doing something right!

Hope we see you soon,
The Diggers

goatee
02-03-2006, 10:38 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm,,,did you have drink any of the coors lite?
wheres the little icon of the guy spitting out his beer when you need it?

pmreed
02-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I had to google Jimmy Kimmel to find out who he was, first time I heard of him. I see he's got a talk show after midnight. No surprise, I don't watch any talk shows. Recording it to the hard drive as I type; I'll look for you guys in the morning.

Phil

Sam
02-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Show Off :biggrin: