PDA

View Full Version : tank change

lee
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM
i'm ready to change and order the new gas tank i know i'm not the first my hull is 1968 18 2+3 classic where should i order a tank from how big can i go

gcarter
02-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Take a look at what Penbroke says in this thread;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36420&highlight=tank

hardcrab
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
i also have a 1968 18' 2+3; i had my tank made by RDS in florida for a little over $400. and worth every penny.
i expanded every dimension and ended up with about 32 gal. cap.
i can give you all the specifics and the shop drawings, however i've yet to figure out how to post photo's on this site. i can scan and send in e-mail
PM me your address and i'll dig up my paperwork

RedDog
02-03-2006, 06:17 PM
i also have a 1968 18' 2+3; i had my tank made by RDS in florida for a little over $400. and worth every penny.
i expanded every dimension and ended up with about 32 gal. cap.
i can give you all the specifics and the shop drawings, however i've yet to figure out how to post photo's on this site. i can scan and send in e-mail
PM me your address and i'll dig up my paperwork

When you make a post, just scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" button. Then you will get a screen that will let you navigate ("Browse") to and select the photo that is located on your computer. The click "Upload" and follow-up with "submitting" your post.

mphatc
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I did this 2 years ago in my Corsican, achieved a 44 gallon capacity. I moved the bulkhead that was immediatly behind the original tank back ~14 " to accomplish this.

No real difference in handling or performance. Well, other than the extended cruising range!

Mario L.