PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Donzi color codes

jonesracing
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I am trying to get color codes for a 1996 26 ZX the boat is white gel coat with yellow purple blue teal and red paint graphics I need the color codes for the yellow blue and purple I called Donzi they had no records. they told me to call sikkens becouse thats were the paint came from. Sikkens also had no record. My local paint dealer said they can scan the boat for a color match but I would like to have the factory codes if anyone can help. THANKS!

gcarter
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
This is for gel, but take a look;

https://www.minicraft.com/retail/donzimarine.htm

As for paint, any good automotive paint store can match it for you.
Try PPG, or R-M.

MOP
02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Try dropping a note to Shanghied Again in the post below, he is a dealer and very knowledgable fair chance hw can help.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43503

Phil

jonesracing
02-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks! George yes I have used Minicraft before for Gel coat matches
Phill ! Thanks I will try that

mikev
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I would have them scan it and make an exact match because there is variation in color with just a code and then you have to take in account fading too. thats what the top of the line auto body shops do to get an exact match. works great for touch up paint too I got one of the little bottles from chevy the correct color for my truck and it didnt match quite right so i went to the local paint supplier here and for 12 bucks he made me an exact match.

smokediver
02-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Getting an exact match with a scan is not the norm . They can give you a blendable match though . It all depends on the machine being used and what kind of shape the color is in . It would be ideal if you could drop a piece off and let them tint it for you . Purple can be tough ....

mikev
02-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Getting an exact match with a scan is not the norm . They can give you a blendable match though . It all depends on the machine being used and what kind of shape the color is in . It would be ideal if you could drop a piece off and let them tint it for you . Purple can be tough .... I agree the paint supplier by me has a nice one he did a scan on the stripe painted on my boat by the previous owner because i wanted some touch up paint and he said he couldnt do it because the machine told him it was a 3 part base metallic then clear. pretty cool machine he said it cost a couple of grand.

jonesracing
02-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks! Its gone to get scanned in about 1 hour I will post the results.