PDA

View Full Version : Storms,... In all my years

Lenny
02-01-2006, 08:42 AM
I have never seen one like this. This has been the windiest winter I have ever seen. I have been at work since 3am today, with gererator truck, powering offices and such, but the ROADS look like a bomb went off. Trees uprooted everywhere, massive limbs everywhere. The pavement is buried under a foot of greenary. At the local "bar" last night where we went for a couple, the glass roof gut sucked out while we were sitting there. Early in the am the wind blew soo hard I thought the roof was gonna come off or we would be crushed in our sleep by a falling tree. I have NEVER seen weather/wind like this living here for the laqst 40+.

Gives me an appreciation for what you Florida guys go through every year only time 2+.

This is nuts.

MrsDigger
02-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Now that sounds like a normal spring day in Kansas...

lee
02-01-2006, 09:17 AM
40 mph or better in chicago happens 5-6 time a year

Morgan's Cloud
02-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Lenny ,
Was there a massive difference between what was predicted and what you actually recieved ?
Two weekends ago we had a winter gale warning and 50 kt winds were forecast. We actually recvd 86mph gusts !
Global warming ? ? ?
Steve

Lenny
02-01-2006, 10:17 AM
massive difference ?

:yes: Far more severe. We rarely see winds over 40mph at worst. This was well beyond 60 :eek:

NEVER seen that here before. Actually two storms in one, with an actual eye, calm, and then a major blast. Absolutely wild. Something has changed.

Ed Donnelly
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Lenny;Seems to be happening in lots of places.
Toronto has just had the warmest and wetest January in history.
Appears the artic winds are being held up north by Pacific air currents....Ed

PS. We have had two bad wind storms in the last couple of weeks. The last one tore the complete top off my gazebo..........Ed

Tony
02-01-2006, 11:03 AM
It can't be global warming because that does not exist. ;)

Lenny
02-01-2006, 11:04 AM
29' seas today on the left side. :eek:

MrsDigger
02-01-2006, 11:22 AM
You'll have a hard time convincing those folks in Russia that global warming is real...

As a matter of fact, you'd have a hard time convincing ME. Weather patterns are cyclical. The ice age cometh, the ice age goeth away...

goatee
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
i am not positive about this but,, anchor bay has not froze over yet this year.
and i dont think it will. i do not recall this ever happening in my lifetime.
lota pissed off ice fisherman.

Ranman
02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
i am not positive about this but,, anchor bay has not froze over yet this year.
and i dont think it will. i do not recall this ever happening in my lifetime.
lota pissed off ice fisherman.

It did freeze earlier this season (around Thanksgiving when we got the snow). It has since melted and been that way since December There's still a lot of winter left here (Feb and March). We'll see what happens. hopefully, well get a scorcher of a summer :kaioken: , though I say theres a good chance that it';; never get over 65*F.