PDA

View Full Version : Minx in her new home...

gcarter
01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Well, we've been moving our business (seven days a week for about three weeks). The Minx is now at her new storage corner.
I'm taking advantage of the break to do some more major work.
1) replace cable steering with hydraulic (thanks Blackhawk)
2) replace exhaust tips with Gil mufflers (thanks Don Tamm)
3) pull the boat off the trailer and refinish the bottom (thanks for the use of the dollies MadPoodle)
For sure by the end of February I'll have it finished and back on the trailer.
We love our new office. We went from 1500 sq ft to 3800 sq ft. The office space went from 600' to 1200'. The old place was getting to the point where it was almost impossible to do business there. Also the boat is directly behind the office space so all I have to do is walk out the back of the break room and there it is. Things don't get much better. :biggrin:

Chili 18
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
George,

Are your rub rails painted or powdercoated? Durring my rehab, I relpaced the rails which promptly got gouged on a steel pier when I keept it in water the first summer. Really bugs me. Its the one "thing" that stands out. Was thinking of filling, sanding, and spraying with something strong. Your photos just grabbed my eye..

Good luck at the new location... Hope you outgrow it soon... :-)

gcarter
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Yep, powdercoated.
These are the original rails and cleats. The PC is incredibly tough. I've only received two scratches, both are on the transom corners. I think I can colormatch some paint to touch up with.
I felt this was a way to rehabilitate a little faster and easier. Also, I like the color contrast, not to mention they clean up incredibly easy.

Sam
01-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Nice digs George, I wish I could have lunch with my boat every day ;) .

Sam

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Yes George, I too am VERY jealous,....

Although the X is in good hands, I can't go caress it everyday :bawling:

yet atleast, but when it comes home, and gets parked in the new climate controled garage, I'll be a HAPPY camper!! :D

Hope to catch up with you and Elaine soon!

Wayne