PDA

View Full Version : Hangin' with Kid Rock / Super Bowl XL

Tony
01-29-2006, 09:16 PM
My future son-in-law manages a bar/restaurant in Grand Rapids, and he calls to tell me I gotta come in because Kid Rock is coming to dinner...and maybe even doing some guest DJ'ing. Sure enough, he puts on a 2 hour impromptu show, spinning tunes, singing along, and just singing alone. Maybe fifty people total, it was too cool. (P.S...He drank a hellava lot of Jack Daniels that night!)

Next Saturday, the night before the Super Bowl, we go to the Joe Louis Arena to see Kid Rock in concert. I am very stoked about that, word is that he will have some guests on stage that will be "monumental" to the Detroit music scene.

We stayed at the RenCen this past weekend, the preparations for the Super Bowl are unbelievable. The ESPN stage, other media setups, the logos everywhere, it is awesome. They have one mile of Woodward closed completely off, with tents lined up the whole way. Driving in was cool, too, because I have never seen the freeways cleaner...they have ALL the trash picked up!

SideshowRob
01-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm jealous :cool:

Cuda
01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Too cool! I think the Kid is one of the few people in rock that has mattered much in the last twenty years.

Carl C
01-30-2006, 06:15 AM
Kid is really basking in the limelight. When I saw Ratt at the Emerald theater in Mt. Clemens he came on stage and played with the band. A couple years ago there were rumors that he was buying L. Brooks Patterson's former house on Lake Oakland (my hangout). Alas, it was not to be and I was so looking forward to seeing Pam Anderson sunbathing on "my" lake!

Tony
01-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Speaking of the Emerald Theater, I believe that is where Kid Rock is going right after next Saturday's concert. He is hosting the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit private party...tough job, 'eh?!

Lenny
01-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Very cool. On a side note, Pam Anderson is from here (born here, in Courtenay, a small town about 100 miles north of me) and recently bought an acreage here in a place called Silver Spray.

http://www.held.com/silverspray/gallery.html

Can't wait to "bump" into her :D

Schnook
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Just make sure you hide that Bucket O' Chicken when you do bump into her!

Ranman
01-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Sweet deal Tony. We've been pretty well connected in the Kid Rock arena over the years. You going to be here all weekend?

We're at Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday night and at the Tommy Lee party at the Bleu Room on Saturday for sure. We're trying like hell to get connected into the Friday night Lizzie Grubman "Perfect 10" party also at Bleu hosted by Ja Rule with Paris and Nikki. Kid Rock is contracted to DJ at Bleu the whole night. :yes: (He is supposed to be at the Emerald after the show on Saturday as well). Also trying to connect to The P. Diddy Cashmere Party at the Elysium. We'll see. It's a big ballers weekend and you need to seriously know someone or have lots of $$$.

On a side note, e met and drank all night at the Post in Novi with Detroit Lions' Dominic Raiola and Rick DeMulling. We're invited to DeMulling's for a poker party. :cards:

HAve a sweet weekend If we tdon't hear from you.

Carl C
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
The Eminem party will be the place to be!:cool!:

Tony
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Ranman...you party ANIMAL! The Detroit News listed all the high-falootin' parties, and even the cost to enter them. They range from $100 to $3,000! I am anxious to see who Kid Rock puts on stage with him. Of course Hank Williams, Jr. will be with him both nights, that has already been announced.

But, for the surprise "monumental" guest, who knows? I thought maybe Eminem, or Bob Seger, or Ted Nugent (naw...not the Kid's type). LL Cool J is in town, and so is Ludacris, but would you consider them "monumental"?

Anyway, it should be a great week, and an even better weekend.
Have fun and be safe!