PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt Volvo-Penta AQ 110/200 For Sale

Hunt14
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Volvo-Penta Aquamatic 110/200 engine/drive package - NOW SOLD
Engine rebuilt and drive repaired in 2004 - only 50 hours since.
Drive is currently in parts (was to be resealed).
Found a crack in one lower drive gear.
Decided to repower with a new Mercruiser 3.0L/Alpha drive.

Danny
01-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Mark
Several friends have similar setups and live close by who may be inteseted.What marina if you don't mind me asking,I live in Midland?
What type of boat did it come out of?
Just curious about your user name, do you have a Hunt, I have been looking for a Hunt project hull.
Danny

Hunt14
02-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Danny,

Yes, I have a Hunt 14 that I just restored and repowered with a new Mercruiser 135 hp 4 cyl.
I just sold the volvo last week to a guy that has a cottage in Haliburton.
Right now my boat is near Barrie having a top and mooring cover made.
Larry O'Rourke did the hull & woodwork. Lee's Marine did the install, controls and wiring.
I can send you pictures if you want?
My home port is near Parry Sound on Georgian Bay.

Mark

Ross
02-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Danny, some possibilities; Langley at Village marine has an I/O that he partially cleaned up, but still pretty rough. Bob Bains in Cognashene had a blue outboard, needed transom work etc.,sat in at Kings at the beginning of the Honey Harbour road for a couple of years. Chris Starr in Orillia has a Blue I/O that he is selling but wants $7K.
I am looking for a 16' Hunt outboard if you happen across one.

Danny
02-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Mark You certainly picked the right people to do the work on your Hunt. Larry has done a couple of jobs for me and I have been quite pleased.He's doing some work on my neighbour Formula and Lee certainly knows his Volvos. We plan on doing a cruise to Parry Sound this summer from Penetang, you north or south of there?

Ross I was just in the Harbour at Admirals on Tuesday, I had to deliver some diesel to Pat. The hydro at his place had been out since Sat and he was running out of diesel for the generator. I will in drop to Jim's and have a look at the Hunt. We lost our grew fisherman in a storm in Nov so we just picked up a Pro-line 230 walkaround. Older boat but in good shape. Did you sell your Bertram?

Hunt14
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Danny,
I'm about 20 minutes south of town, halfway to Sans Souci & just across from Amanda Island - at the beginning of the South Channel into Parry Sound. You can't miss it.
Cheers,
Mark

Danny
02-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Mark
I've been past your place several times. Shouldn'd be hard to find. My charts are at the cottage or I'd be looking at them now.
The Hunt looks WONDERFUL, I can honestly say I have never seen one with a wood deck. I would like just a hull and then build a wood but more of a gentleman's racer single seat towards the stern. I am really looking forward to seeing it and how the deck was built. Are you road access? Our place is just off the north west end of Beausoleil Island.
Danny

Hunt14
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Water access only - we're surrounded by the Massassauga Provincial Park.
The shots are from a ride in an original De Havilland Beaver DHC-2.

Where are you on the charts near Beausoleil?

Danny
02-12-2006, 09:29 PM
We are on an island at the mouth of Lost Bay, which is a bay on Beausoleil Island on the Northwest side, approximately a mile north of Brebeuf Lighthouse.
O'Rourkes redid the transom in my GT for me.

Hunt14
02-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Right around here somewhere...

Danny
02-14-2006, 07:51 AM
We are just south of Payette, the letters MJ1 on the chart are touching the north side of the island. The marked channel passes between us and Beausoleil Island. My Great Granfather owned a half dozen island in that chain of islands.This summer is the 100th anniversary of his purchase. Bought it from Indian Affairs in 1906 for $2000.
What type or version of electronic charts are you getting these images from?
Danny

Hunt14
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
These are just some scanned sections of the paper charts, that's all.