PDA

View Full Version : More off season discussion: what's the land equivalent of your Donzi?

gold-n-rod
01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
It's too cold to boat here in Michigan, so let's do some more armchair boating.

We've all heard that Donzis are the "Corvette of the Water" or a "Ferrari on Water." I lean toward the Corvette analogy for the Classics and smaller Z-boats because of the similarity in price and availability when new. I suppose the new 43ZR is moving toward the Ferarri in terms of price and exclusivity.

And of course, the new Shelby 22 draws even more comparison, although the original Shelbys (both Cobras and Mustangs) are way ahead in the $$$$ arena.

So, back on topic, what's your opinion of the four wheeled equivalent of your boat? Here's my input:

I have a 5.0 mpi 16 foot Classic. To me, it's most like a Shelby Cobra replica (kit car to some). It's got the lines of the original, it's nimble and fast (with the V-8) it's cramped in the cockpit, it's loud and crude, but gives big grins. Price-wise, they cost about the same to procure. It's a blast to drive but impractical as all hell.

So, V-8 16 Classic = Shelby Cobra Replica.

Your turn. Have fun and play nice. :biggrin.:

joseph m. hahnl
01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I guess I would consider my minx more like a chevelle SS. It's powered by chevy. duel exhaust, 4 barrel carb, 2+3 seating. Lets not forget the racing stripe "So what if there's only one" . OH and its got posi traction.

joe

Cuda
01-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I guess I would consider my minx more like a chevelle SS. It's powered by chevy. duel exhaust, 4 barrel carb, 2+3 seating. Lets not forget the racing stripe "So what if there's only one" . OH and its got posi traction.
joe
I liken it more to a 70 Nova SS. :)

fasttrucker
01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
My dad owned two austin healys both red with white paint.Kind of like my paint on my 28zx.With the top down they were a kick to drive,just like my donzi.

Edel
01-30-2006, 12:54 PM
It does not matter as long as its got a chevy engine.
I have a 350 chevy in a cobra replica. and a v8 5 litre chevy in my Donzi:cistineb: touched by the hand of BIG DADDY

gcarter
01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
The Minx is more like a GT car since it's a bit more luxurious than a X-18 for instance. It has more freeboard, is much drier, has side bolsters w/cup holders.
Phil Reed owns a BMW Z8, I would equate the Minx to it, although with five seats.

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Well,

In my opinion, the Ragazza is like a Dodge Magnum, an incredibly cool station wagon :wink: , good amount of ass behind it too :yes:

The X-18,........ The car that I've had that I compare it to is a Triumph Spitfire Convt. Wind in your face fun fun fun!!! :D :yes:

Unfortunately, I only had that car for about 3 months before it got stolen, and I bought my first Datsun pick-up,..... ahh the memories

Wayne

Lenny
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Well,
The X-18,........ The car that I've had that I compare it to is a Triumph Spitfire Convt. Wind in your face fun fun fun!!! :D :yes:
Unfortunately, I only had that car for about 3 months before it got stolen, and I bought my first Datsun pick-up

Man, are you lucky... That is why you have a house, kids and two boats...Count your blessings :D

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Man, are you lucky... That is why you have a house, kids and two boats...Count your blessings :D
Lenny, I do, count them atleast once a day!!

Unfortunately, the Ragazza won't be a permanent fixture at the OneSubDrvr household, it's just here until the engine is raped and pillaged, then, I've really got to work on my price and marketing so that I can find her a new owner that will love her like I do. :bawling: I don't even know if that's possible,...

I did manage to put all the kids in the X before it went to Miami, just to see how we'd all fit. No problems with 4 across the back (my kids are still kinda small!), and me and momma, can't wait!!

Talk at 'cha soon!
Wayne

Lenny
01-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Wayne, I meant the Triumph being stolen. That was your "blessing".

Nothing like Lucas parts and engineering. That misfortune probably saved you a fortune. :)

BUIZILLA
01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Interesting observations...

mine would be equivelant to an SS 454 Monte Carlo and an LT1 Corvette

Capt. Chevrolet :shades:

Carl C
01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
At first I want to say Corvette, but Corvettes are high tech and Classics are old school. The Dodge Viper is more of a raw hot-rod so that's it - the Viper.

txtaz
01-30-2006, 07:25 PM
'68 Firebird, The boat and car have Chevy 350's and both are red. Both handle well and sound great.
Da Taz

Lenny
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
X-18 = 911SC, 930 Turbo, Carrera, Carrera S or Carrera 4 in my case.

Cuz I have wanted any example of one of these for so long now and STILL I can't afford one.

...maybe I should be job shopping instead of typing... :rolleyes:

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
X-18 = 911SC, 930 Turbo, Carrera, Carrera S or Carrera 4 in my case.
Cuz I have wanted any example of one of these for so long now and STILL I can't afford one.
...maybe I should be job shopping instead of typing... :rolleyes:
Lenny,

After the baby is born, I'll be looking for a full time nanny :cistineb: :eek!: :spongebob

Warm Florida weather is waiting!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Wayne, I meant the Triumph being stolen. That was your "blessing".
Nothing like Lucas parts and engineering. That misfortune probably saved you a fortune. :)
ooops :biggrin: , Yeah, from what I've heard, your right,....non the less, that little car was a BLAST to drive!!

Wayne

Cuda
01-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Well,
In my opinion, the Ragazza is like a Dodge Magnum, an incredibly cool station wagon :wink: , good amount of ass behind it too :yes:
Unfortunately, I only had that car for about 3 months before it got stolen, and I bought my first Datsun pick-up,..... ahh the memories
Wayne
Wayne, I had a Triumph TR 6, which is still my favorite car I've ever owned.

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Wayne, I had a Triumph TR 6, which is still my favorite car I've ever owned.
The Spitfire was the sportiest car I ever owned (unless you think a Celica GT is sportier), but as embarrasing as this is, the car I had the most fun with was a Renault LeCar. I started building VW engines when I was 12 (my friends were always older than I was), but my mom and dad didn't have the $ to let me get involved with my own. So, I had a Renault that I got - rag top, PERFECT beach car for me and my friends, raised alot of hell with that car, although racing those engines I had built was humiliating!!

See 'ya in a couple of weeks in Miami!
Wayne