PDA

View Full Version : Class Reunions and other absurdities

MrsDigger
01-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Does anyone actually go to them? I don't. I've always been of the opinion that if I'd liked you enough in high school to have wanted to see you in the past 20 or so years, I'd have stayed in touch.

Patti
01-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Nope..never have gone to any reunions.

I stayed in touch with the people I was friends with in HS..but in my neighborhood we had 2..and most of my friends went to a different HS than me.

I still talk to a few on occasion.

joel3078
01-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Nope never went to them either. I used to travel for work and wasn't in my home state much.

A good story that the gals alway love hearing is this.... One of the hottie girls from school had a last name of Sexhour. I saw her at an Avis rental car counter about 10 years after graduation and then new that God does believe in revenge. This poor girl looked like she aged 30 years in 10 and was put away wet too many times. Reminded me of a Bayliner boat! :eek:

TuxedoPk
01-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Years back I went to my 10 year reunion. I highly recommend it just to find out who'se bald, divorced, dead, or gay :wink:

Patti
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I didnt need to go to reunions to find that stuff out..its the beauty of coming from a small neighborhood :)

Many are divorced, tons are bald..a few died sadly and a few of my best friends are gay :)

I was from a pretty tight group in HS.. plus there is a message board for my old neighborhood..it's nice to keep in contact with people back home.

hardcrab
01-27-2006, 05:36 PM
my 30 yr. reunion was this year (didn't go)
i thought it was funny that it was a benefit for "parents without partners"

Jraysray
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
After much trepidation, I went and was glad I did. I was from a small school and seeing those close to me then made all prior hesitations go away.

I did not go to all of the festivities. Some practically stayed the weekend with each other. One night was perfect for us.

I had a thread awhile back about the same subject.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42229

Bigbroadjumper
01-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I have gone to both of mine and I am looking forward to the next one. I grew up in North Miami, but moved to Chicago when I turned 21. It gives me an excuse to go back to South Florida and visit with some old friends that I would never get to see.

DonziDave
01-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I’ve been to two reunions that had interesting outcomes. I couldn’t take them seriously, so I thought I would have some fun.

10 Year: I rented a Big Bird suit and showed up in a 7’ yellow bird suit with red tights and giant bird feet. Everyone else was in 10 piece suits and gowns. They just didn’t get it....!!! After I left, I was driving home still in my bird suit with the head sitting upright in the passenger seat. All of a sudden, the road in front of me is full of Black Angus cows that have broken through the fence. Wham..!! I slam into one at about 60 mph. I hit so hard that I tore the steering wheel off the post. Dazed, I stumble out and collapse on the pavement. A guy in a nearby house comes to my aid, but is really pissed. It turns out that I had hit and killed a prize stud bull that was on loan to him. When the ambulance shows up, the medics are laughing so hard they almost dropped me when loading me in. The best part is when I am rolled into the emergency room. All they could see was what appeared to be a giant decapitated bird on the gurney with bird feet sticking out from under the sheet on one end and the loose head on the other. I was the nights entertainment...!!! Very embarrassing...!! My friends call this my “Cock and Bull” story. But true.

20 Year: I went dressed as a priest. It was amazing how little groups would congregate around me, talk in hushed tones, and want to discuss God’s work. When asked about my ministry, I told them that I had been ministering to the whores and whore mongers on the streets of the French Quarter in New Orleans. But I had recently been de-frocked because my flesh was weak and had become a heroin addict, a drunk, a masturbator, and whore chaser. It was amazing how by the end of the evening, no one would come close to me....!!!

So go and have some fun. :jestera: