PDA

View Full Version : Question???

SideshowRob
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Wasn't there a post on here earlier asking what we :canada: thought about our new PM? I was responding and it disappeared :confused: Has our little Gov't gotten to this site? I was impressed I actually had a fairly non- biased response.... Oh well.
Show me some more boats, and boat restos, anything... All I've had running in the new garage so far has been the snowblower and a chainsaw :embarasse
On a happy note, it's about -8 degrees right now :kyle: I know it's cold out when my jacket starts to freeze :D

SideshowRob
01-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, that was -8 Farenheit by the way :party: :yippie:

Formula Jr
01-26-2006, 01:34 AM
we are in the middle of the "lets be extra nice to each other since the winter made us vent our brains." So the reflex is to just be nice.

happenes every year.

:)

Lenny
01-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Wasn't there a post on here earlier asking what we :canada: thought about our new PM? I was responding and it disappeared :confused:

BINGO Rob, this is about boats, not US vs Canada, nor our Countries Politics and Policies. There are a TON of places to vent that. We are as divided here in our Countries' Politics and Policy as they with theirs. Big surprise... Job loss, Abortion, Offshoring, Gay Marriage, Military etc...

This section, "Whatever" would be better guised as, "not explicitly about your DONZI, but somewhat related"

NOT all the rest.

This has been a wrestling match for a while now and has NOTHING to do with why we are all here. If someone wants to chat Politics and Governments and personal Preference, then why not just phone them, the rest of us (most) do not want to read it, nor see it, nor sort through it.

Remember, DONZI.NET

This is about boats and the GREAT people we (I) have met that own them, and share the language or have tutored me. NOT a political site.

:) This is a happy response, smiling and all that. Text has a hard time conveying emotion.

Again, this is my response, and I am not speaking for ANYONE ELSE ON THE BOARD, just me.

Best to play boats if you ask me. Everyone I have EVER met, everywhere, no question, be it a day, less than a week, a week, or longer, total strangers, whatever, BUT DONZI'S, has NEVER engaged in a Political debate or even mentioned these topics. It has been 6 years for me now, and also, lucky for me, many, many places, and in all, unreal, AWESOME people.

I don't want to go there...here

Maybe that means I have no Balls or Fortitude... so be it...

Lenny
01-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Lenny, did you get my VM? Buzz me office please.. Late aftrernoon best :)

Got it, sorry I missed you. dead cell battery. Will call ya later today.

:)

Carl C
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes, Lenny put it very well. If politics or sports are brought up here I would like to see it kept short and light. Please no more long rants! :yes:

ChromeGorilla
01-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, Lenny put it very well. If politics or sports are brought up here I would like to see it kept short and light. Please no more long rants! :yes:

If you see a sports related thread and don't want to read it...don't click it.

Cuda put it best in another thread... when we gather at events not only do we talk Donzi, we talk about everything.

If Woodsy and I are chilling out throwing back some beers dockside at the hometown rally.... bet your bottom dollar we're gonna raz each other about the Yanks and Bosox. If ya didn't want to hear the conversation...just don't "click" on the thread....

If you want to do away with off topic stuff rename it Boating Topics Only and be done with it.

I didn't think George's post was incindiary at all...he was just curious, as was I to your thoughts on the election...thats all. If you didn't want to share your thoughts fine, but appearantly if Sideshowbob wanted to respond let him....

If you want to do away with off topic stuff rename it Boating Topics Only and be done with it. heck when the question was posed if there should be some change or leave the forums the way they are... 70% said "it aint broke, don't fix it......"

Carl C
01-26-2006, 03:22 PM

I do like talking sports here but but not all the time. Actually I recently posted a thread about the Red Wings. Things are exciting in Detroit now with the Wings and Pistons being contenders and the Super Bowl coming soon! OK maybe I shouldn't have included sports in my post. The politics were getting carried away though IMO.:p

ChromeGorilla
01-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Don't worry about it Carl...if it's on your mind post away...... I like what Donzigo had to say....

Look it, gang, if you create another forum for religion & politics, then pretty soon, you gotta create a forum for each kind of religion & politican point of view.................then milk forum then a 1%, 2%, full butterfat, lactose, and skim milk forum. Then pretty soon you got so many forums, you start to call this little boat website, the the "Donzi Registry All points of view of religions and politically correct website". Heck, we got too many forums now. Some of the sections we now have should be deleted for non-participation.................So, you don't beleive it, then take a look at the last time things have been posted in the Tech section.............and there are other sections that simply don't get any action. I say if there are those who don't like the website the way it is now.............then let them eat cake..........uhhhhhhh..........I mean drink milk............uhhhhh I mean drink 2% Lower Fat with no added lactose milk.............see where this goes? This kind of stuff is ridiculous.

We got a "whatever you want to talk about section"............doesn't that pretty much say it all. You want to rant on your soapbox, go for it dude, because that's where all the nutty stuff is, anyway.

And appearantly you did as well....:wink:

Donzigo said it perfectly!!! . gero1, check out my thread called "match.com sucks" in "whatever you want to talk about".

mattyboy
01-26-2006, 03:39 PM

Cuda put it best in another thread... when we gather at events not only do we talk Donzi, we talk about everything.

If Woodsy and I are chilling out throwing back some beers dockside at the hometown rally.... bet your bottom dollar we're gonna raz each other about the Yanks and Bosox. If ya didn't want to hear the conversation...just don't "click" on the thread....

If you want to do away with off topic stuff rename it Boating Topics Only and be done with it.

I didn't think George's post was incindiary at all...he was just curious, as was I to your thoughts on the election...thats all. If you didn't want to share your thoughts fine, but appearantly if Sideshowbob wanted to respond let him....

If you want to do away with off topic stuff rename it Boating Topics Only and be done with it. heck when the question was posed if there should be some change or leave the forums the way they are... 70% said "it aint broke, don't fix it......"

Chrome all good points and I agree with most of them, but I would stay away from the political threads had they been titled as such not in a obscure way "like I would like to know" why not" political question for Canadian members??" , the sports thread usually have the sox or the yanks in the title so read them or not you know what they are about
the post in question was not in itself inflammatory but George's response to the lack of responses was were I thought it crossed the line.
Talk about whatever just title it so the people who don't want to read about that stuff can stay away and don't have to read the opening post to find out what it is about.

Carl C
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
You are right. I expect things will get back to some serious boating talk in a couple months. Meanwhile we've gotta talk about something.:pizza:

gcarter
01-26-2006, 03:43 PM
FWIW, I was just curious. The Canadian form of government is significantly different from our own. I just wanted some of our Northern friends respond to what just happened.
Look guys, I'm not going to start or respond to any political or religious threads any more. There seem to be some very thin skinned members here, so to keep the peace, in the words of the immortal Richard Nixon, you're not going to have George Carter to kick around any more!

ChromeGorilla
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
the post in question was not in itself inflammatory but George's response to the lack of responses was were I thought it crossed the line.

Matty.... great point about the thread titles.... I will keep that in mind myself....

as far as the "thread in question", after I posted in the thread..#2 i believe...I thought the thread died...I did not know George had posted again or anyone else for that matter...I didn't read any of that... I thought just the fact that that politics was the subject was reason for removal.....sorry for any misunderstanding...I wasn't supporting leaving up inflamatory threads.... comprende kemosabe? ;)

SideshowRob
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I read George's response, it may have been, ummm, blunt, but I didn't take issue with it, I did want to respond though, but it's o.k. I think it was bedtime anyway :p
There are threads on the site I either have no interest in or not enough knowledge to respond to them, so, I don't. Take football, or hockey for example, I'm not up on each players stats, so I won't get into a conversation about it.... Besides we all know the Senators are gonna win :eek: :eek: :biggrin.: LOL
I'll say this again, I enjoyed our last debate, there was tension, disagreements, alliances. It was "Reality On Line". I think though, that there is a level of respect that allows the same two people to debate on one thread, and swap RPM numbers on another.
I'm not saying we need to have these types of threads every day, but if it comes up, lets go with it, if one of us goes too far.... Latrine duty for 1 Month:toiletpap The point is this; mutual interests, mutual passtimes, and above all mutual respect.
I will agree, boat talk is more fun, and less stressful to some, but a lot of our boats aren't able to help with the good stories right now :frown:

:wavey:That's all for now.

We all know what opinions are like... but if we never heard from them, things would get pretty backed up. :moped: :boggled:

gcarter
01-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Oh, BTW, I want to thank the several Canadians who responded to me via email in very favorable terms to my original question.
Thank you very much.

Carl C
01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
we all know the Senators are gonna win :uzi: :eek: :angryfire :smash: :mad:

Tim Morris
01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh, BTW, I want to thank the several Canadians who responded to me via email in very favorable terms to my original question.
Thank you very much.

I responded to George shortly before the thread was deleted.
Why? I was just as interested as he was to get another Canadian's viewpoint. No ranting, merely polite views about what's going on.

Now the irony is that George has collected a few viewpoints and has
an overview (which is what he was looking for) and he's in Florida.

I'm in Canada, so I guess I gotta read the newspapers.
Damn, newspapers add to the clutter, people cut through it.

Too bad about the delete.