PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Sneak Peek

Hotspare
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Dallas Boat Show Sneak Peak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this today, pretty trick lookin 38 zr, with red motors .........

She'll be showing along with a 43 if they get her on time ...........

Show starts Feb 3rd ..........

Reedy
01-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I think Xtreme Marine is going to have a really special 43 that is a tricked out custom, one of a kind..........

ChromeGorilla
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
The fellows from eXtreme mainre are super nice. Chewed the fat for a while with them at the Emerald Coast Poker run a little while back...

Hotspare
02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
The 43 ZR Stoled the show in Dallas this year ...... The most expensive Donzi built to date, According to the on hand Donzi rep ....... With staggerd 900 Teague motors and #6 Drives, this one's over the top ..... And at a list price of 670K's, She's already SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Here's a few shots .............

Dr. Dan
02-07-2006, 05:33 AM
:spongebob At Atlantic City they had one with the same power, but it was bargain priced at $575,000 and also sold. This one was yellow...but a really purdy boat.... I couldn't afford to fill the tank...let alone insurance and actually running this sucka...a complete different league...very fun to look at though.

The 22 Shelby was a cool Blue Color, but really lacked alot of the clean finish detail we all have come to expect....we saw alot of overspray, uncentered hardware, and overall rushed production look. Really not what we were expecting, to the novice I am sure it was cool as hell. I did like the hatch though...might answer some clearance problems for some of us....and it didn't look gawdy or obnoxious IMO. The vents reminded me of the beautiful Magnum Resto from years back here....

Some noticed less than perfect finish in the larger boats as well...maybe the Quality Control outta look at the production line every now and then.

Makes ya appreciate your Chris Craft Manufactured Donzi from over a decade ago...good ole' Goshen Indiana.... where women are corn fed and Donzis are hatched in the middle of a corn field.

Doc of Former Texas Residency :beer:

Hotspare
02-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, that distinction won't last very long here either ......... The Miami Boat Show will host the most expensive Donzi ever produced in just two weeks ..... This one will have Teague 1000's ....... Also heard Donzi will sponser another(all new)factory race boat this spring ......... Thats all the rep will tell ........... Apperantly, there building another 70,000 sq. ft. facility just behind there existing one ........ The boat's all new, something to compete with skater V's I'm betting .....

farmer tx
02-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the update and pics Bruce. Hope your project is progressing.

Hotspare
02-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Mark .....

Thank's ,,,,

Yep, I feel it's my civic duty to report on the Dallas show every year, for our members ........ The guy's at Xtreme have done an exceptional job of marketing these boats in this area ........ I'm told by the owner, the 38's sell as fast as they can get em ....... Hard to believe with the lofty price tag's they carry .....

He's also expressed an interest in returning to PK again next fall for the Texas Roundup ,,,,, Be nice to have a couple ZR's to run around with I thought .........

No Classic's in the show this year though, I was a little dissapointed in that, but what you gonna do ......... I guess the BIG BOATS are taking up all the room now .................LOL...

And yes, my project is coming along nicely, should have the motor back in later part of next week with water testing shortly thereafter .........

And, I'd really, really, like to thank you for the Wonderfull Picture you sent me, of my Boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's really Awsome .......... The picture quality is unbelievable ,,,,,,,,

It'll be framed, and hanging in my Bar very soon ....... Thank's again ............

Bruce ....

Schnook
02-08-2006, 06:09 AM
I agree about the guys at Extreme, I'm fairly low budget compared to the big ZRs, but they always have time for me, so if I do win the lotto I know where I'll be going. BTW, we looked at one of the 38's and the wife loved it until we saw that the 'boat show markdown' was more than we paid for our boat. I was told to step away slowly.