PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Black Widow Cuddy Cabin Door

rickaroy
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of what the actual door looks like and if one is available. Thanks

LKSD
01-24-2006, 08:04 AM
That door is no longer available from Donzi.

rickaroy
01-24-2006, 08:24 AM
That door is no longer available from Donzi.
I wouldn't think it would be but was hoping to see what it actually looked like. If someone has a picture to share that would be a big help. Thanks

joel3078
01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Good to see someone picked up the Ebay black widow yesterday. 12-13K is a underpriced for that boat. Needs some TLC, wet sanding polsih, etc. but otherwise looked pretty good. Lots of work has already been done to it. I talked to the seller last year via emails.

My black widow is being reupholstered so If I can get at it, I'll shoot pics of the cuddy door, hinges etc. It's a simple smoked plastic door with a hinge in the middle. There is also a top plastic door/cover that holds the main cuddy door in place. A funky but super simple design spring holds the top door up so the cuddy door can swing open.

There seems to be about a dozen people on this board that are absolute wizards so making up the 3 door pieces, hinges, fasteners, straps etc. shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Here is one pic of the helm/dash and shows about 1/3 of the cuddy door area. You'll get the idea of what it should look like.

rickaroy
01-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Good to see someone picked up the Ebay black widow yesterday. 12-13K is a underpriced for that boat. Needs some TLC, wet sanding polsih, etc. but otherwise looked pretty good. Lots of work has already been done to it. I talked to the seller last year via emails.
My black widow is being reupholstered so If I can get at it, I'll shoot pics of the cuddy door, hinges etc. It's a simple smoked plastic door with a hinge in the middle. There is also a top plastic door/cover that holds the main cuddy door in place. A funky but super simple design spring holds the top door up so the cuddy door can swing open.
There seems to be about a dozen people on this board that are absolute wizards so making up the 3 door pieces, hinges, fasteners, straps etc. shouldn't be too big of a deal.
Here is one pic of the helm/dash and shows about 1/3 of the cuddy door area. You'll get the idea of what it should look like.

I would appreciate that at your convenience. The cabin was completely redone last summer and I wouldn't want to get caught in a driving rain on the water.

Any information for be great. Thank you for your post.

rickaroy
01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Any idea the weight of a 2000 24' Black Widow?

joel3078
01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
It's 4200 lbs dry - this is the boat and 454/460 big block motor and king cobra outdrive. 4200 is the advertised weight from Donzi.

It will be about 3 weeks before I get my boat back from the guys doing the reupholstery. After that I can shoot a ton of pics for ya.

I have all the original factory paperwork on mine.
Visit this link for more info.
http://www.joelek.com/pages/11/index.htm

After the upholstry and covers are done, I will do more advertising to sell it.

By the way the 2000 black widow in your title may be confusing. These boats were made in 1990-1993 I believe. Im guessing the 2000 is when yours got redone.

joel3078
01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Couple more pics for ya from various boats - not mine. This will give you more idea on how the top cover part is with the spring and how the cuddy doors have a hinge in the middle - works like bi-fold closet door.

rickaroy
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the correction on the year of the boat. It is a 1990..............I'm leaving today to pick-up the boat and was concerned if it was too heavy for my 1/2 ton GMC truck. I believe that would be a "Yes Bob" on that and I have made other arrangements.

Thanks again for the additional pics of the cabin door. That looks to be the only major project needed but we'll see once we get home.

rickaroy
01-30-2006, 08:35 AM
The transaction had unexpected problems and did not bring the Black Widow home......

The search continues. Thanks

joel3078
01-30-2006, 08:56 AM
The transaction had unexpected problems and did not bring the Black Widow home......
The search continues. Thanks

Email me at joelek@joelek.com if you wanna talk about it more. I am gonna be in Charleston, SC in 3 weeks and then on our way down to the keys. What happened to the transaction.... I'm interested as we do a lot of ebay selling on our end.