PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a missle?

Sagbay32
01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Nice Magnum Missle on eBay.

http:///cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnum-Marine-Runabout-16-foot-Ski-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQitemZ460683 5144QQrdZ1

Mike

Lenny
01-24-2006, 02:58 AM
I will BUY this boat unless it gets stupid.

No Question.

I will seek a storage facility as well.

I WILL take it to AOTH as my boat.

Now,... I have to win it, and I see I have some fighting to do... :(

:)

MOP
01-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Lenny I hope you get it, one important thing reset it on its trailer with a bow down attitude. I had a similar hull and had it bow up like that and not as high, at about 65MPH it would try to take flight had a very scary incident then reset it bow down which glued it to the road.

Phil

boldts
01-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Good luck Lenny. I'm pulling for ya to win! I got dibes on a ride if you do. :biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Len, shouldn't that be a shorter shaft engine setup than what it is?

Just Say N20
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Which bidder should I be cheering for? :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnum-Marine-Runabout-16-foot-Ski-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQitemZ460683 5144QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The first link wouldn't work for me.

Lenny
01-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Len, shouldn't that be a shorter shaft engine setup than what it is?

Agreed Jim, I bet it is a handful in the turns. Looks like the 25" transom Merc (longshaft) as opposed to 20". Mind you, with the tunnel to look at , it MIGHT be right. Hard to tell.

Man, "Maryland", that will be the second boat that has come to me from there :D

Sagbay32
01-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow, and to think I was going to keep this one to myself.

Mike

dfunde01
01-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Good luck Lenny. But, I would question how knowledgeable the owner is.
*Who in their right mind would call a tunnel hull a ski boat?
*With that hull and power isn't 65 mph way on the low side for WOT?
It does look like a unique example of design history.

goatee
01-24-2006, 10:23 PM
im all for it lenny! it reminds me of my old boat growing up on harsens isl.
i tried to post a pic, but it didnt work.
just curious on what your willing to go to?????
dont post it here though,, you can tell me what you pd. and everything else at a later date.
good deal right now though.

Lenny
01-25-2006, 01:22 AM
I would question how knowledgeable the owner is.

*With that hull and power isn't 65 mph way on the low side for WOT?

That's not much power, probably correct numbers. IMAGINE a 2.5 on there :D

Ski Boat, yes, I agree to disagree.

Can you imagine a wake hop and Slalom cut on an opposite side that you loaded the hull for??? :eek:

Scary $hit...

Bin der, Dun Dat...

DONZI
01-25-2006, 06:06 AM

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/gallery/album06/magmissile2 :superman:

Just Say N20
01-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Going back about 15 years, a friend of mine had one of these in Upstate New York running a straight 6 Mercury 150 XS. I don't know if the bottom wasn't true or what its problem was, but it would barely run 60 mph, and ALWAYS porpoised. Seemed like the hull was very heavy, and at sub-60 mph speeds the 2 blade prop he was running didn't have enough lift to carry the bow.

It felt very stable, and took chop my better than my Switzer v-bottom did.

Lenny
01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
made in "White, Burgundy, Tangerine and Black" ... Hmmm, is this one tangerine or painted? Question time.

Lenny
01-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Repaint... :(

gold-n-rod
01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
... Hmmm, is this one tangerine or painted? Question time.

Maybe the original Tangerine was more red than orange. Or someone changed the color.

I must say, the black w/red is stunning. I'd bet it's hot in the sunshine, though. As would be those black seats on the For Sale boat. Depending on the shade of red, if it were mine, I'd prolly re-upholster in white w/red trim. But that's just me.

Formula Jr
01-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Lenny, you really, really want people to visit you in Victoria don't you?

:hyper:

Lenny
01-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Owen, boat has been painted to the tune of $6500 bucks, receipt included.

I am losing interest. The trailer means nothing to me, it is not what I want, I knew that,... but I would prefer a boat that is messed up and original and needs all the work.

I would LOVE to get a Angelino Molinari Tunnel from the same period (only about 3 years earlier than Don's) but living here, or the USA makes that all but impossible.

I don't like this "paint" thing that is going on.

Thank you for offering up your brothers place for interm storage. MUCH appreciated. I think I want Allards or something like it, comparable. It has original gel as far as I know and this one does not. It is NOT what I wanted. Original and beat up will DO it for me. Then I will have a Continental put under it and tow it home and then flip it at 70 and see what all of that is about :eek: ... :D

Thanx

Formula Jr
01-26-2006, 02:22 AM
you are looking for a Duo/Starcraft 17 tunnel.

Just look at those. And the missiles become less important.
I don't like saying things against Don A,- or pointing to outside
the brandings. But Potter (formula) got it right with the italian designs and he had the rights to copy them exactly. There very few left of the Duos. So they are hard to find.

Correction:
Glastron-Calson had exclusive rights to Molinari designs.

Formula Jr
01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Sorry,
Porter.

I'd put my glasses on if I could find them. :)

The DUO 17 tunnels seem to be a bit of a mystery.
Ha, Ha pun intended. Badged as DUOs they seem to have been made
for only two years. '70/'71. Then they became StarCrafts.

They were called a DUO Mystry.

MOP
01-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Surprised nobody noticed that it was painted, in the transom shot it is easy to see brass drains are red and the white nylon inside the painted bilge pump fitting. Also lower right transom edges between the chine and strake is chipped through to either the lighter colored primer or gel color.

Lenny
01-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Owen/Poodle. I have been reading and looking at a ton stuff (all new info for me) about the Duo, the Starcraft T-170 and the Dutchman. None of them are the same as this boat. Not even close. Different hulls/decks etc.

I gotta wonder what formed the basis of this little boat? Molinari ?

That boat, (Glastron/Molinari) has got to be the closest looking thing to the Magnum out there. All but identical other than cockpit and deck fairing.

???

In 1968 Glastron signed an exclusive agreement with Angelo Molinari of Como, Italy to
manufacture his designs in this country.

http://www.classicglastron.com/71maybea2plus2-lowerres.JPG