PDA

View Full Version : King Cobra Lower

Konger
01-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Hello Everyone. Just got a '93 18' 2+3 Classic and am looking for a lower unit (case or complete). The case is most inportant - I can take care of the rest. It's attached to a 351 OMC King (Ford). My lower is cracked due to poor winterization. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be helpful. Maybe I should switch to 502/Bravo!!

Dave P.

MOP
01-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I am reasonably sure you have a Cobra not a King I have not seen an OEM setup small block to King, the Kings have a high hump on the top. Being as I am pretty sure I am right you can use either the regular Cobra lower case or the late V6 out board case. In any case do not just switch parts, have a good shop do the job. Shimming and rolling torques are critical to insure longevity.

Phil
Standard lowers not kings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMC-Cobra-Lower-Unit-Housing-NICE_W0QQitemZ4606017120QQcategoryZ50439QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMC-V-6-Lightning-Gear-Case_W0QQitemZ4606356757QQcategoryZ50439QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

joel3078
01-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Files attached are what the real king cobra looks like. The OMC cobra and the early king cobra do not have the big hump in the top part of the gearcase. This hump looks like a current Volvo SX if you want to see something on a new boat.

Konger
01-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Guys - This is the real deal. I got the year of the boat wrong (checked the ID today). This is a King w/original 351 (was fuel injected but setup was replaced by carb) - I have all the original paperwork. Yes, this has the hump. I'm inclined to repower but I want to exhaust all other sources first. I am much more familiar w/the Alphas and earlier Cobras and SX's. We don't get any of these beasts in our shop. I have a few days off so I'll do some more exploring. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dave P.

LKSD
01-23-2006, 09:42 AM
No can do on the K Cobra stuff here. If you want to Replace the drive with something else let us know ( Arneson, MSA, Konrad, Imco, Teague or Merc.) Jamie / Lakeside :)

Jamesbon
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Call Rick @ Aqua Tech., his number is 727 381 3483. They deal in OMC stuff.

Make sure you tell him your a good friend of nate, with that said, he'll set you up right.

Dr. Dan
02-11-2006, 06:50 AM
www.fasteddiesmarineparts.com

When I went to my first Owners Rally in Sarsota, some Idiot in a Rental Jet Ski hit 4 of our boats, mine was the worst she cracked my Upper Casing Cover.

These guys got me the part in less than 3 weeks and it was like $60 delivered.

Get your part number so they can index it and cross it to the newer replacement part.

I have used them a few times, even engine mounts...these guys are great! :bonk:

Good Luck

Doc :cool!: