PDA

View Full Version : "I got friends with low wages....."

ChromeGorilla
01-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Click the link ---------------------->
WAL MART (http://www.walmartworkersrights.org/)

gcarter
01-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Is this political?????????
I'm not going to watch listen or respond!!!:cool:

ChromeGorilla
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
LOL...... nah...I just thought it was funny....

George...you do know that "Walmart" is a link to a flash cartoon...right....?

roadtrip se
01-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Maybe just stupid.

RedDog
01-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Maybe just stupid.

Roadtrip - you're drawing me back into this again. This morning I posted a diatribe about the Walmart haters and after further consideration I went back and deleted it.

Just look at who is hosting this "funny" video

boxy
01-22-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL...... nah...I just thought it was funny....

When is the theft of a person's likeness, and their intellectual property funny?

If you want to bring attention to Walmart workers attempt to organize, then say that, don't disguise it as a link to something funny.

gcarter
01-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I have no issues with WalMart. And I know (according to their own PR ads) their minimum starting wages are at least twice minimum wage. What's wrong with that for that kind of a job?

ChromeGorilla
01-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Holy crap...... I don't give a rats ass about Wally world.... i thought the skit was amusing......:chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill

MrsDigger
01-23-2006, 06:05 AM
I could opine about the free market, capitalism, and the choice every American has to find a different job if they are dissatisfied with their current wages, hours, or working conditions, but I won't. Instead, I would like to ask if ChromeGorilla's dancing purple thing really is Barney, and if anyone else finds that as funny (albeit mildly disturbing) as I do....I hear echoes of a rap version of "I love you (say my name, b*tch!) you love me..."

If that isn't on SNL, it should be.

Chrome, now you need to find the Michelin man doing that dance....

TuxedoPk
01-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Instead, I would like to ask if ChromeGorilla's dancing purple thing really is Barney

Nope, it's the gay Teletubby in disguise ;)

ChromeGorilla
01-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Chrome, now you need to find the Michelin man doing that dance....

Now that would be funny...... Now everytime I see my sig I'm gonna say what you just typed in my head...."say my name biotch!" LMAO

OH, and Tux...... bite me....:biggrin.: :wavey:

Walt. H.
01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
C.G,

I'm laughing and think its funny, I even played it twice. It must be that time of the year, I mean month or thinking about tax time for some???:eek!:

Hell, I have been working without a contract or a pay raise for the state of NY. close to 3-yr's now, i'm almost at retirement age and approaching the required years to get out but I still have my sense of humor. :rlol:
So thanks for the link..

Very close to licking toilets,:bawling:
Walt :wavey:

pmreed
01-24-2006, 09:56 AM
OK, That's another post that didn't make it past the internal censor :boggled:.
Phil

RedDog
01-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I think this post by the godfather (http://www.instapundit.com/)of blogs applies here -

You know, to me Wal-Mart is a lot like George W. Bush. It's not that I'm that big a fan in the abstract, really, it's just that the viciousness and stupidity revealed in its enemies tends to make me view it more favorably than I otherwise would.