PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville....Angel Aide Scheduling...

Last Real Texan
01-21-2006, 11:18 AM
What's the word on this event....when is registration start etc......Big Green ZX and the Last Real Texan will be attending, who else will be attending?

Bryan

onesubdrvr
01-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Bryan,

I'm 99% there,.........don't know who my first mate is going to be,...wife will be 7 1/2 months along then, probably not the best time to be bouncing off of waves at near 70!

Wayne

Last Tango
01-22-2006, 10:09 PM
JULY 7-9 at the Florida Tackle & Gun Club.
All the 2006 title sponsors are set and the supporting cast of sponsors are all in again.
Schedule is:
Friday afternoon: Arrival, launching, registration, party, hotel check-in, party some more, dinner, more party.
Saturday Morning: Breakfast at the club, skippers meeting at 9:00 AM SHARP, launching, 10:00 motor out to the starting line.
Run like hell to all five checkpoints with lunch for skipper and crew at the Jacksonville Landing somewhere in the middle of all that.
RTB the rendezvous location. Party. Turn in poker cards. Go to hotel and clean up for the Saturday night banquet and party and door prizes and auction items.
Sunday: Breakfast, followed by photo shoot in front of the street sign Donzi Way on the Mandarin area of Jax (real easy to get to, and not out of your way going home). Photos will be done by Greg Robinson and e-mailed to you.

We have already firmed up the registration fee to be $195 per boat for one skipper and one crew member (same as last year). Extra crew members will be $45 each for the weekend. Remember, registration includes Friday afternoon party, Friday night dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner and party. Also includes all the ususal "stuff" you get at poker runs like T-shirts, boat number sticker, Angel Aid 2006 Poker Run boat sticker, and lots of other jazz in your goodie bag (one bag per boat).
Anybody who has posted on the previous thread or this thread can consider themselves to be on the entry list. Anyone who has pm'ed me is also in.

Last Real Texan
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Okay, the event is still a solid GO and the dates are as previously posted, April 29-30.
We have run into a small but fixable glitch in that the Florida Tackle and Gun Club clubhouse is under major renovation and is way behind schedule right now. We are looking into an alternative site as our host yacht club for 2006. Not locked in, yet.
Florida Tackle and Gun Club, is getting a much needed major make-over and we will be back there for 2007 and beyond for sure.
All the 2006 title sponsors are set and the supporting cast of sponsors are all in again.
Schedule is:
Friday afternoon: Arrival, launching, registration, party, hotel check-in, party some more, dinner, more party.
Saturday Morning: Breakfast at the club, skippers meeting at 9:00 AM SHARP, launching, 10:00 motor out to the starting line.
Run like hell to all five checkpoints with lunch for skipper and crew at the Jacksonville Landing somewhere in the middle of all that.
RTB the rendezvous location. Party. Turn in poker cards. Go to hotel and clean up for the Saturday night banquet and party and door prizes and auction items.
Sunday: Breakfast at Mark and Nancy's, followed by photo shoot in front of the street sign Donzi Way on the Mandarin area of Jax (real easy to get to, and not out of your way going home). Photos will be done by Greg Robinson and e-mailed to you.
I will post the final registration and hotel info just as soon as we firm up the hosting location. Could be across the river at Florida's oldest continuous yacht club, the Florida Yacht Club. I'll let you know as soon we settle the location.
We have already firmed up the registration fee to be $95 per boat for one skipper and one crew member. Extra crew members will be $45 each for the weekend. Remember, registration includes Friday afternoon party, Friday night dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner and party, Sunday breakfast. Also includes all the ususal "stuff" you get at poker runs like T-shirts, boat number sticker, Angel Aid 2006 Poker Run boat sticker, and lots of other jazz in your goodie bag (one bag per boat).
Anybody who has posted on the previous thread or this thread can consider themselves to be on the entry list. Anyone who has pm'ed me is also in.

Good stuff.....Looking forward to it.

Bryan

pmreed
01-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Mark, My calendar makes that date look good. Hope the water at the yacht club is a little deeper than at the Tackle and Gun Club. Overnight docking available there, or do we have to pull our boats?

Phil

onesubdrvr
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Well Mark,

That weekend (or a couple of weekend either way), is no good for me, as momma is due 6/12, but best of luck on the event either way. I'll do what I can to make it reagardless of which weekend it ends up being

Wayne

Last Real Texan
01-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, not too bad to reschedule. Will I come i June ? yes , the only thing is that I can not work things into my schedule because of work any second full weekend in any month. My job requires me to work absolutely even if death looms over for every second full weekend of every month, sucks I know but that's when I make my money for this addiction called boating I have.

So will I come in June ?................................................y es but not the weekend of the 9-11 any other one and I can..

Bryan

Last Tango
01-31-2006, 10:20 PM
OKAY! I have revised my date and description of the event above. No more excuses. I will have the registration forms sometime this weekend.
Lemme know who is in!

Last Tango
02-01-2006, 07:10 AM
First Place - Mercury Marine Inflatable with Mercury outboard motor.
Other places include: Big Screen TV's, Home entertainment systems, GPS systems, VHF radios, etc.
Last year we went 15 deep in prizes.
LOTS of REALLY cool auction items. Bring cash or checks.
Warmer weather guaranteed!
Shuttle to/from hotel provided free by WACKO's.

Goodie Bags!

ChromeGorilla
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn..... with the new dates it's a no go for me. I coulda made any weekend in Apr, but June is not doable..... gonna miss AngelAid and JFFPR..... :banghead:

onesubdrvr
02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Well,....

Momma's official due date is June 24,...... so,.... I'M IN!!!!

She will be having c-section, so, probably the week before that (17th), so I wouldn't have been comfortable with the 9th and 10th, but the 2nd is GOOD!!:cool!:

Now,....which boat?

Wayne

pmreed
02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Wayne, why don't you bring the one with the motor in it.:biggrin:

Phil

onesubdrvr
02-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Wayne, why don't you bring the one with the motor in it.:biggrin:
Phil
Ahhhh, Good point Phil :yes: , I doubt my fat arse could use the ore and make it to the 1st stop, forget all 5!!!

Wayne

rustnrot
02-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Technical Question: I have never been in a poker run before. I know there are alot of runs with big, really big, fast boats in them. Is this something that a Sweet 16 could run?

onesubdrvr
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Technical Question: I have never been in a poker run before. I know there are alot of runs with big, really big, fast boats in them. Is this something that a Sweet 16 could run?
I had the same question last year!!

Yes, last year the weather was windy, and the river was ROUGH AS HELL!!, but Russ ran it in his 16 (well, some of it), but on a normal day, the St. Johns can definately be handled by a 16. Also, this run targets the smaller boats, out of 49 (max allowed) boats last year, I'd say at least half were under 24'. This run fills up with Donzi's first, then opens up the remaining spots to the other boats, so, if we get 49 donzi's there, you wouldn't see a nortech or whatever big boat you'd name.

LastTango - big in organizing this, runs it in his 18, PM Reed 18, I ran in my 21' Ragazza, CG ran in his 22, GregK in his 22, BabyDonzi with his 22zx, I saw a Z-21 there, etc. so,....Make the trip, you won't be dissapointed.

Wayne

Last Real Texan
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm in ! Thanking the calender gods.

Bryan

yobeslanding
02-04-2006, 06:48 PM
How Do I register? Mike

onesubdrvr
02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
How Do I register? Mike
Mike, It'll be great to see 'ya, and hopefully your project will be done.

Last Tango will be sending out registration packets shortly. He checks the thread here to see who is interested, then sends 'em out, when he gets them, he'll let you know, then you can PM him your addy. It's that easy!!

I'd love to see us (the Registry) get atleast 1/2 the boats there (25), It looks like were on good pace for that and more,....but then again, the initial numbers are usually significantly higher than actual participation, regardless of the event,...

Oh well, fun for sure!
Wayne

sweet 16 1966
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM
I received the registration form today, Thanks Mark.
I have marked this date on my calander and should be able to make it!
Rustnrot, last year was unusually rough as I am told but this is a fun event with smaller than usual boats for most poker runs. The 16 did not make the full run last year and turned back to enjoy Hooters wings while the rest of the pack suffered through the 4-5' swells. Plan on attending this event which is for a good cause. The shuttle will allow you to enjoy the evenings and relax some while sipping on your favorite beverage. Let WACKO'S shuttle service do the driving! Can't beat it! Are you finished with the project?

Last Tango
02-09-2006, 09:31 PM
OKAY, GANG!
I have in my possession the HOT&FRESH-off-the-press registration forms. I will be mailing them out snail-mail. If you entered last year, you have yours already. The newbies will get theirs as soon as I get a moment this weekend to do the envelopes. If you have already e-mailed me your home address, no need to do so again. If you have NOT e-mailed me your home address, please send it to: Varyak@aol.com

Did I tell you that first prize is a BOAT with a MERCURY motor?!? Poker hand winners go about 10 deep - TV's, DVD/MP3's, audio systems, surround sound theaters, cameras, boating safety kits, GPS's, VHF radio's, the usual stuff of life (no Hummers, what do you expect for a piddling $195 entry fee and a 49 boat limit?), but sometimes even more! AND we have an awesome array of auction items. I won't tell you what my favorite item is because then you horney toads will bid it up just to mess with me. I will be bidding on SEVERAL VERY COOL things.

MAN, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

onesubdrvr
02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Mark,

Got mine today, Thanks!!!

See 'ya there

Wayne

RickyR
02-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Mark,
Too bad about the schedule change.
I got the forms, but we are trying to decide about that weekend. With Memorial Day (jeep trip) weekend just before, Myrtle Beach Bike (weekend before Mem Day weekend), our calendar is pretty busy.
I hate to think paying Exxon, is the only reason I work..
We will decide soon, and if so see y'all there!!!!

Ricky..

Last Tango
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
What Jeep trip? I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited... with a HEMI! MAN, do I like that thing. My 4th "box" Jeep (an '87 Cherokee Pioneer 2dr two-tone, a '98 Cherokee Limited, an '01 Grand Cherokee Limited V8, and this '05 sukkah, all purchased new.
Ain't Nothing more manly, hairy-chested, testosterone-filled vehicle in the WORLD, than a JEEP with a HEMI!
Mark

florida gator
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Got mine. I will be checking the date but, would love to do that one. Where will the host hotel be?

mlg44
03-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Hello everyone. Just purchased a Donzi 28ZX Scorpion & would like to get in on some poker runs & gatherins' with ya'll. Send me some info to: 7940 Georgia Jack Ct., Jacksonville, Fl.,32244 Thanks, Michael

pmreed
03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Sent my registration to my son-in-law for him to fill out his section. Should be in NLT Monday next. Hoping for something less than 5 footers this time:biggrin.:

Phil

BabyDonzi
03-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Regi and check mailed. See ALL OF YOU there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:boat:

Budmann
03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Congrats Michel!!! Nice boat!!! That boat would look good on our Keys trip in April. Check the thread for info.

Bud

Last Tango
03-23-2006, 07:13 PM
We have some very exciting door prizes and bid items. Food is all set, hotel is set. We have about a dozen registrations in hand already from out-of-towners. FOLKS get those registrations in now because response is way ahead of last year and we still have the 50 boat limit. YOU are the intended audience so send in your forms and checks and room reservations!
Mt. Dora this weekend, too!
MAN, I love this group!

Last Tango
04-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Latest update. Some good news. Some not-so-good.
The construction and renovations at the Florida Tackle & Gun Club will not be completed until around June 10th.
We are thinking about moving the date back just one more time, to July 7-9. Will all of you still be able to come then? Your registrations and room reservations will automatically be applied forward to the new dates.
Please log in here within the next 6 days with your response so that we can make the final descision at the April 20 meeting to move the date. I need to know if you will come the weekend of July 8th. Sponsors and promoters and food and free beer are all on board with the potential change.
Please respond here so I can track the yes's and no's.
Thank you SO MUCH for your support for these kids over the past 10 years.

onesubdrvr
04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Latest update. Some good news. Some not-so-good.
The construction and renovations at the Florida Tackle & Gun Club will not be completed until around June 10th.
We are thinking about moving the date back just one more time, to July 7-9. Will all of you still be able to come then? Your registrations and room reservations will automatically be applied forward to the new dates.
Please log in here within the next 6 days with your response so that we can make the final descision at the April 20 meeting to move the date. I need to know if you will come the weekend of July 8th. Sponsors and promoters and food and free beer are all on board with the potential change.
Please respond here so I can track the yes's and no's.
Thank you SO MUCH for your support for these kids over the past 10 years.
Mark,

I would be good with that,...woud give me another month to get the X done,

But, whatever works best (I haven't registered yet, and am waiting until whether or not I know I'm going to be done)

Take care, hope to see 'ya at Porkey's, or on the Suwannee.

Wayne

Last Real Texan
04-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Already registered .....however if it is moved to the JUly date it will be a no go for me.

Keep me in the loop.

Bryan

rustnrot
04-16-2006, 11:59 AM
You just made it possible for 2-3 boats to go on this that could not in June! They are: yobeslanding (mahogany decked Sweet 16), a 22 Classic (Granville Boatworks), and probably yesyoucan's v drive 16. Too many of us had to go to high school graduations on the June date. Will let you know for sure by tomorrow the Count!!!

The Hedgehog
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
You guys are killing me. I just did some major lobbying to get out of my sister-in-laws graduation. My thought is that she probably does not even care but evidently it is some sort of major family event. My land locked in-laws in Nebraska can't understand why I need to go play with my friends and boats. But what the heck, these folks cut the lawn for fun. I ended up looking like some sort of bad guy. I was going to send in the app tomorrow and now you guys are moving it again. Please let me know what to do. I was starting to get excited about my first poker run!

onesubdrvr
04-16-2006, 06:27 PM
You guys are killing me. I just did some major lobbying to get out of my sister-in-laws graduation. My thought is that she probably does not even care but evidently it is some sort of major family event. My land locked in-laws in Nebraska can't understand why I need to go play with my friends and boats. But what the heck, these folks cut the lawn for fun. I ended up looking like some sort of bad guy. I was going to send in the app tomorrow and now you guys are moving it again. Please let me know what to do. I was starting to get excited about my first poker run!
I'm thinking it'll change, if it does, tell them you had second thoughts, and realize that graduation is a once in a lifetime event, you did some serious pleading, and they changed the date of the poker run for you!!

See 'ya there!!
Wayne

Last Real Texan
04-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Make it the 14/15/16 Of July and I am a definate....Any other weekend other than the 2nd week end any month and I am a no go....the second weekend is the only time I can not attend......ever.

Bryan

The Hedgehog
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking it'll change, if it does, tell them you had second thoughts, and realize that graduation is a once in a lifetime event, you did some serious pleading, and they changed the date of the poker run for you!!
See 'ya there!!
Wayne

You can bet that I will play a hand similar to that. The problem is that then I will have to go to Nebraska! Also, I used all of the brownie points that I accumulated in going there for 6 days around Christmas. I will never see those points again. I may get a few for this if I do it right.

sweet 16 1966
04-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I am looking open for those HOT dates!

22ZX!?

I'm jealous!

Congratulations Mark!

The Hedgehog
04-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I am open for Mid July. Anything around the 4th is a no go. Lake dwellers have too many guests around to break away. I don't know about my rider. I may be forced to hang around with The Texan.

Cuda
04-18-2006, 06:57 PM
So, had the date been finalized?

Last Tango
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
The next planning meeting is this Thursday night. I will post the absolute date when I get home late that evening from the meeting. I may ask about sliding it one more week to get the TEXAN back on the schedule. Any of you others have a problem with that? (July 14/15/16). Does that pose a problem for anyone? I'm not certain if that change can be made, but I will try if it does eliminate someone else from coming.

sweet 16 1966
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Mark,
I could not make the Mid July date due to meetings scheduled in Pa.
Work related.

Last Real Texan
04-19-2006, 03:01 PM
The next planning meeting is this Thursday night. I will post the absolute date when I get home late that evening from the meeting. I may ask about sliding it one more week to get the TEXAN back on the schedule. Any of you others have a problem with that? (July 14/15/16). Does that pose a problem for anyone? I'm not certain if that change can be made, but I will try if it does eliminate someone else from coming.
I would like that a lot a lot a lot a lot...................

Last Tango
04-19-2006, 07:47 PM
HEY, LRT!
Check out the thread called SEADOG's at Porkey's Landing. THAT event is the FIRST weekend in MAY. You really SHOULD make that one regardless. "Home Town Gathering" for the SEADOGs. Only a teeny weeny bit father south on exactly the same river, and we'll be havin' a great time there, too.

pmreed
04-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Mark, Don't know about the July date yet for me. My 1st mate won't be able to make it then; he may have to eat his June flight. I'll see when you shake things out a little better.

Phil

The Hedgehog
04-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Let me get this straight. Is it definately getting rescheduled and the the only question is when?

Last Tango
04-20-2006, 08:44 AM
It is DEFINATELY being rescheduled because the building will not have working plumbing until about two weeks after the current June date. The women have all voted down porta-potties, and the parking lot will still be filled with construction equipment.
There is VERY LITTLE Question about the rescheduleding date, July 7-8, but I was looking to see how many of those folks currently registered, and those who truly WANT to be here, felt about moving it any further to accomodate personal schedules (I.E. Last Real Texan is already registered but can't do the second weekend in any month).
Next year we will return to our late April dates on the third weekend of the month (unless that is Easter or Mothers Day or something).
Tonight's meeting will firm up the final change. I am truly sorry for this years' difficulties, but the reconstruction of the Florida Tackle and Gun Club building has been a much delayed project for them. The new facility will be spectacular compared to the old. New bathrooms, new pool house, new and even larger party spaces. The event has been hosted there for 10 years, now. We intend to keep it there. Their FLT&G club members are the volunteers who cook, clean, serve the liquor, pick up afterwards, run the FREE shuttle to the hotel, man the checkpoints and safety boats, and also provide some serious business sponsorships to this event. ALL of the money goes to the Angel Aid charity. These kids only get one shot at this in the remainder of their lives. For them, there is NO "next year." Angel Aid is a HOSPICE for terminally ill children.
If you can't make it this year, no problem. MOST of us will have a NEXT YEAR. I'll be back, and so will most of the attendees who enter each year. We get VERY FEW folks who DON'T return. We get folks who no longer own a boat, but still want to participate in some fashion. The kids will be at the Jacksonville Landing on Saturday for our (FREE) lunch to see our boats, and to take a ride on the Donzi Z23 that is there every year (Yes, the SUPERCHARGED SCORPION-POWERED Z23 deck boat!) We actually have folks elbowing for a spot to be the lucky crew on that boat with the kids. Dan Scanlan, the motorsports editor for the Times-Union is always on hand to interview, take pictures, and puts a great syndicated article each year in the Times-Union Corporation newspapers.
Please, come. Please register now. Please excuse our dust this year.

Last Tango
04-21-2006, 08:11 AM
JULY 7 and 8 are now the firm dates.
Sorry LRT. We will refund your entry fee immediately.
The rest of you can now cement your plans to come.

Cuda
04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Mark, how do I sign up?

Last Real Texan
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
JULY 7 and 8 are now the firm dates.
Sorry LRT. We will refund your entry fee immediately.
The rest of you can now cement your plans to come.
Well thanks for trying to work around my shcedule and keep me in the loop...I guess I will have to get ready for next year. Well the only good thing is that this will give me time for another wave of upgrades next winter to put me well into the 80's for my first poker run.
You all have a great time and drink a cold one for me...........................:wavey:
LRT

Last Tango
04-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Cuda,
E-mail your full name and and mailing address to VARYAK@aol.com, and I will pop a registration form in the mail for you.
Mark

Last Tango
04-22-2006, 07:47 PM
LRT,
No reason to wait until NEXT year. You can easily join us on Labor Day weekend at Lake Eufaula, and at the END of September at the Donzi Hometown Gathering in Sarasota. TWO MIGHTY FINE EVENTS and SEADOGs abound at these.
Eufaula is an easy drive for you, and Sarasota is a straight shot down I-75.

Hey, is the name of your baseball team in Macon REALY called The Biscuits? As in Biscuits and gravy? Thank goodness they didn't call themselves the Macon Bacon. Or was that actually the first choice, but vetoed by the church groups? LOL Your baseball team started off our home baseball season againts the Jacksonville Suns.

Last Real Texan
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
LRT,
No reason to wait until NEXT year. You can easily join us on Labor Day weekend at Lake Eufaula, and at the END of September at the Donzi Hometown Gathering in Sarasota. TWO MIGHTY FINE EVENTS and SEADOGs abound at these.
Eufaula is an easy drive for you, and Sarasota is a straight shot down I-75.
Hey, is the name of your baseball team in Macon REALY called The Biscuits? As in Biscuits and gravy? Thank goodness they didn't call themselves the Macon Bacon. Or was that actually the first choice, but vetoed by the church groups? LOL Your baseball team started off our home baseball season againts the Jacksonville Suns.

An update.

I will be at Eufalla for Labor day hanging out with the big green ZX, I was there last year but no one really showed up. We had a good time none the less.

Sarasota is a possibility, I used to live o Siesta key and hung out plenty at the Hyat in my un-wed days.....

As for Baseball....not sure what they are called now when the Braves pulled out I lost all interest....

Also we used top have a hockey team called the WHOOPEE....Get it Macon Whoopee.

You all have fun now.

LRT

The Hedgehog
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
I met Forrest yesterday. He definately understands. He expressed interest in bringing back Eufaula up to the old days level. I will help out as much as it takes. That will be a couple of weeks before my wife's due date so no big parties at my house. Everything else should be good to go.

I got a space reserved for you at Chewalla Creek on Memorial Day for the Tetley Classic. Huff expressed interest in coming down as well. The waterslide should be good to go. I anticipate intoxication and possibly one casulty.

Last Real Texan
04-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I met Forrest yesterday. He definately understands. He expressed interest in bringing back Eufaula up to the old days level. I will help out as much as it takes. That will be a couple of weeks before my wife's due date so no big parties at my house. Everything else should be good to go.
I got a space reserved for you at Chewalla Creek on Memorial Day for the Tetley Classic. Huff expressed interest in coming down as well. The waterslide should be good to go. I anticipate intoxication and possibly one casulty.
Bill don't forget I need you to arrange space for me at Chewala for Mermorial day as well as Labor day...got to do the right thing. Also I will be needing to make a reservation at camp Gecko for both weekends as well, requesting a basement room with a veiw.

Bryan

Last Tango
05-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Just an update from last night's progress meeting. OH MY GAWD! Do we have an awesome collection of door prizes, finishing place prizes, and bidding items!!!!!! HUGE!
Rooms - If you have preregistered for a room via your entry form, we are now all in the Ramada Inn in San Jose Blvd, (SR13) at I-295. This is just the next exit west from the Holiday Inn Express. If you sent your room money with your registration, your reservation has been automatically switched. Same price, better location, more secure parking for the overnight boat and trailer. Ramada Inn has just gone through a major overhaul of rooms and facilities and asked us to relocate there to show off their new stuff. THose folks booking a room are in for a very nice surprise when you check into your room. If you thougth LAST years room goodies were fun, wait until you arrive THIS year!

Last Tango
05-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Here is a Bulletin just in...
Ever wanted your very own SEADOG flag for your boat?...
You have to be a registered entrant...

Booking a room elsewhere? So much for getting your special basket of goodies at the hotel... and your SEADOG throw pillow.

BabyDonzi
05-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Mark,
Donzi Las and I are in. Dates are fine. I'll take one flag and one throw please sir!!!!!!

sweet 16 1966
05-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Sent the money in as bringing a boat but may consider leaving it behind with the river conditions. Either way, this will be a fun get together with your every need taken care of. The volunteers work very hard to see that we really enjoy our time away and together. If you are on the fence, make the plung. BTL, there may be a tax deducton here somewhere! I know the plan I won't put in place this year! Oh heck, the wings were great! The doghouse only lasted a short time! Life is good....especially during the event.
If it gets a little slow, we can invite the crew from the Hogsbreath Salon!

Cuda
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Mark, what other motel is in the area?

Last Tango
05-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Cuda,
Very odd question. The Ramada has just been completely renovated everything, has new management, and is the "base" hotel for this event. A large block of rooms are being held under the Angel Aid name. If you send in your registration and include your ROOM registration with the entry fee, you get the low discount rate AND your room and entry fee are a TAX DEDUCTIBLE gift to Angel Aid.
BUT, you asked, so...
Right next door to the Ramada is a LaQuinta. Same location, San Jose Blvd (or Hartley Rd) in Mandarin, FL.
One exit east on I-295 is the Holiday Inn Express on St. Augustine Rd., Mandarin.

Cuda
05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't see what's so odd about the question. I was filling out the application, and Deb was reading about the motel. She pointed out it was a totaly non smoking motel, which won't work for me. Then I saw it was changed to the Ramada, and I can't find it on Yahoo Yellow Pages, so I could call them and see if it's non smoking only.

BUIZILLA
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
She pointed out it was a totaly non smoking motel, which won't work for me. Joe...... did you
blow your non-smokers creed???:wink: :embarasse :biggrin.: :rlol:

Cuda
05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Joe...... did you
blow your non-smokers creed???:wink: :embarasse :biggrin.: :rlol:
Yeah, unfortunately. I was telling Debbie how much simpler my life would be if I didn't let them little friggin' sticks of nicotine rule me.:angryfire

Last Tango
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Cuda,
Started with www.Ramada.com and got here in 10 seconds.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/search_results?brand_code=RA&p_country=US&p_state=FL&p_city=Jacksonville

Hope this link works for you. Ramada Inn Mandarin should be in the middle of the page. Hartley road is just the parallel road to I-295, but there is even a map link for that, too.

Last Tango
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
and...
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ1012&propId=1012&savedSearchQuery=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lq.com%2Flq%2Fpr oxySearchRes.do%3FsearchCity%3DJacksonville%26sear chState%3DFL%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D%26avai lability.palsra_IND_D%3D%26availability.palsra_IND _Y%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D%26availabilit y.palsra_OTD_D%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D%2 6availability.palsra_NRM%3D1%26mapProvider%3DMapQu est%26searchType%3DGEO%26promocorp%3D%26x%3D36%26y %3D8

Not sure why this is so big, but it works.

Last Tango
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
OKAY, GANG! Time to ante up with registration money. The room reservation deal will end on June 2. That means the rooms that were $75 are going to be whatever the market will bear and back to normal rates for those who wait. And then the room money won't be tax deductible as a contribution. Anyone hoping to get a better deal by waiting until the last minute will be sorry. The Holiday Inn Express is already sold out for that weekend, and the Ramada Inn currently only has remaining rooms within the block of rooms we are holding.
If you are waiting to see if something better is going to come up to do that weekend, it won't.
Entry list will soon be opened up to all other's interested. Get registered now before we fill up. Remember we cut off the entry list at 50 boats. The registration is held open for SEADOG/Donzi owners only right now, but that will change in about a week.
Thank you very much to those of you who have already registered. Those in-the-know will be back.
More very cool prizes and auction items have come in recently. VHF's, Radar units, GPS's, Coast Guard safety kits, custom powdercoating, Mercury Marine inflatable with motor, AM/FM/CD radios with speakers, gift certificates from major marine parts suppliers, very cool DONZI jackets, big screen TV, room entertainment system, and much much more.
Great food Friday night, and all day Saturday (all free, as part of your registration).
Time to Rock 'n' Roll, boys!

onesubdrvr
06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, I'm not going to have a running boat by that date,....

So,....

I'm looking to bum a ride with some-one,.....anyone?

Thanks
Wayne

besides not having a boat ready, it would be nice to be able to snap some pictures!!

Last Tango
06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
1Sub,
If you simply arrive at the event with $45 cash money in your pocket, there is always room on the boats for more crew. If you want to "encourage" someone like GregK to bring his boat and be his navigator you can e-mail him and offer to pay your half of the his entrance fee (you get more goodies that way). I also believe that there are several others on this thread who are waffling because they don't want to go it alone in the boat or financially. Contact any of them. I'm certain they will be happy to fit you in.
Any of you who were in the edge, here is your chance for a partner to make it all the more fun! And you'll have pictures that he will share!

fastcat
06-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Mark,
Tom and I have been waiting to see how the boat was running before commiting. All the work we had done a few weeks ago paid off and she runs great so we plan to be there. I hope to get my company to sponsor our boat; I will know tomorrow and let you know.
Gaye

florida gator
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, not sold out yet! Since I'm kinda lazy and not ready to go through 5 pages of posts to get the date, I remember it changed once or twice, could someone in the know please post the most current info, ie date host hotel, room rates, etc.

Thanks

Last Tango
06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Fastcat,
I dropped a sponsor kit atyour office this morning on my way to work.

Florida Gator,
PM your full name and address and I will mail you an updated registration kit with all the details. See page 1 post as I have been editing that post with the latest data as it has changed.

fastcat
06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Mark,
The corporate Sponsorship check (Bronze Level) and our registration will be in the mail on Tuesday the 6th.
I hope my old boat can keep up with all you hot shots. If not, we'll just head back south and pull into Raggedy Point Landing and watch you all fly by.:wavey:

Last Tango
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
THANKS for the Sponsorship! Don't worry about keeping up. Not a race. The Donzi's ususally try to travel together in a pack.

florida gator
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Just wondering about the room rates. I see on the appl I am beyond the date. Should I dealk directly with the hotel or will they still honor through the appl?

Also wondered about boat type. It asks for sport or cruiser. I have a GT210, newer version of the Ragazza, kind of between sport and cruiser. Does it make a big diff what I put down?

Last Tango
06-06-2006, 09:39 PM
You will run with the Donzi's in the sport boat class, regardless.
Call the hotel directly ASAP and tell them you are booking a room for the Angel Aid Poker Run. We had rooms, but the deadline has passed to get a registration back in time to us to get the room deal by mail. CALL NOW!

Last Tango
06-07-2006, 10:11 AM
The only speed restricted areas on the Poker Run course are in the vacinity of the Downtown Jacksonville bridges, at the Julington Creek bridge, and the Doctors Lake bridge. The only two bridges that allow WOT are the Buckman Bridge (I-295) and the Shands bridge (SR 16). Also, we have speed restrictions close to shore for Manatee zones. The middle 2/3's of the river is Wide Open Throttle. The Manatee zones are clearly marked with signs and bouys along the "barrier" at 300 and 500 feet from shore. This is definitely Manatee season, so be careful close to shore. They have babies. The river is 1 to 3 miles wide so protecting a few hundred feet from shore is not a problem for ANYONE.
There are no noise restrictions on the river.
DUI is against the law, in cars and in boats. Same level of testing and enforcement. Water on the water, ...
And if they want to hassel you about safety equipment, here is what you will want to make certain you have on your boat:
http://forms.cgaux.org/archive/a7012.pdf
TowBoat will have a boat attached to our event. Be patient. With this many high performance and modified boat in one place, you may not be the only on who needs a tow during the run.
If you have a VHF radio, charge the battery and bring it. Dead radio's are worthless.
Summer afternoons in Florida can get very wet very quickly and without much warning. Bring your cockpit cover along for the ride. When we are docked at the Jacksonville Landing for lunch, you may want to have it handy in case we get a quick shower. We do not have "rainy days" in the summer. It rains every day... in the afternoon, and only in isolated locations as the cloud cell or two passes through. If you don't like the weather... wait a few minutes. If it's raining in front of you, drive around it. The cloud cells are not as big as they appear. However, they generally have lightning. The edges of a cloud cell have more lightning than the center.

Last Tango
06-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Great news this week about the parking and launching situation. The brand new city launch ramp opened this week... right across the street from the club. 42 paved parking spaces for tow vehicles with trailers. 2 wide launch ramps with finger piers. The early birds will get the worm (parking spots) and not need to commute to our remote lot down the street (even though we will still provide free shuttle service day and night).

ChromeGorilla
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Mark you have a PM.....

florida gator
06-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Well I would have liked to have sent my reg in but the head is being pulled this weekend. Not sure if I will be up and running by then yet.

Last Tango
06-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Dr. Carl needs to know who has made reservations at the Ramada Inn. You can pm me at Varyak@aol.com and simply title your email "Angels" and in the body put your first initial and full last name.

fastcat
07-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Mark,
If the weather is as good as it was this past week, this should be a great weekend.
How many boats are registered and of those, how many Donzis?

Last Tango
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't have an exact count of actual Donzi's at this moment but it is over 20 as of last week. Many Donzi owners are opting to bring their "other" boat, because they may do some fishing after the poker run.
Ramada Inn reservations were closed out about a month ago for the Angel Aid Poker Run. We have many folks staying there. Not sure to whom you spoke, but there are several out-of-towners staying there.
We have over 40 prepaid boats as if this moment and several who requested last minute applications when the entry opened up to "Other" boats.
Incredible prize list. Incredible auction item list. I have even scored a BUNCH of Hooters wings for Friday afternoon after 3:00, and a Hooters Girl to serve them up.
New City boat ramp and parking area next door to the club is totally excellent! I launched there for the first time last Monday evening and it was a very pleasant experience.
Clubhouse is still experiencing construction completion delays but that will NOT affect our event as we have a HUGE tent being set up right next to the docks so the party can spread out from food and DJ to the boats. Interesting course this year. Includes two new stops. Saturday Lunch Stop at Vito's Restaurant at the Jacksonville Landing this year and the weather looks great so far.

sweet 16 1966
07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Mark,

Spoke to the desk person who asked the manager. Called back at ( 5:45 pm 7-5) and was advised ;
-rooms were blocked off- no names- not confirmed.
He asked if I wanted to confirm.
He asked for payment type.
He asked if I wanted smoking or non smoking. (made me think of Cuda)
Anyway, just wanted to understand the protocall before heading down!

RickyR
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
......Many Donzi owners are opting to bring their "other" boat, because they may do some fishing after the poker run.....

:boat: They can't fish out of their Donzi ??????? I don't understand. I can bring a hole saw, and a few spare rod holders..Viola.. A fish boat...:bonk:

Lori and I, are planning to be there around 3 or so Friday.
see y'all soon..
Ricky...

ChromeGorilla
07-05-2006, 07:53 PM
:boat: They can't fish out of their Donzi ??????? I don't understand. I can bring a hole saw, and a few spare rod holders..Viola.. A fish boat...:bonk:
Lori and I, are planning to be there around 3 or so Friday.
see y'all soon..
Ricky...

Time for the ole fish boat to make the trip south huh? You and the wife were troopers last year in the "perfect storm"....lol... I think you'll be surprised on how docile the St Johns can be as well.... have fun!
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13181&d=1121384494

sweet 16 1966
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
It will be good to see the fishboat again! We too should be in around 3:00.
Looking forward to getting away and enjoying friendly fire. Work goes on!

Last Tango
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Thank You! To all of the Donzi and Sunsation owners who attended this event! We had another record year for Angel Aid (well over $40K net to the charity). Tom and I had a great time hosting all of you, and it was my total pleasure to see some of my long-time SEADOG regulars, and meet some new ones.
We acquired two new SEADOGs to the fold. And neither owns a Donzi. The Sunsation owners brought a very strong and good-looking contingient of big block offshore pereformance boats. My-oh-my did THEY sound good running out there on the river. We sure coulda used a 35ZR or 38ZR to hold off their charge. As anyone who has every attended a Poker Run for performance boats knows, the line-up at the dock is always amazing. And the boats looked pretty good, too.
See you all next year!!!!!
Mark

fastcat
07-09-2006, 09:36 PM
This was a great event, even though our boat only made it for the first 30 minutes. Thank you Mark for coming back and rescuing Tom and I and letting us join you on your beautiful new boat. You are a gentleman and scholar.
We emptied the fuel filter today and discovered a lot of stuff in there that didn't belong.
Stop by the dock next time you are on the river!

Boostable
07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Mark,

Thanks for the Sunsation props, we had a great time at the event. I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, but everyone we did meet was great and treated us like part of the crowd.

You guys really put on a nice event and you can go ahead and pencil us in for the next one as well. A lot of beautifull Donzi's there, as well as some Baja's.

Once again, thanks again for the warm welcome and great event.

Jack & Tania
2004 Sunsation 288 MCOB

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Jack, how you liking the new MCOB? I've spent lots of time in that boat with John. I hope you enjoy it as much as he did. You got a great boat.

Boostable
07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
We absolutley love it. Its everything we expected and more. Some sport for me and the wife and a nice bow for the kids. Its a perfect boat for us.

Thanks,

Jack