PDA

View Full Version : engine hatch hindges

lee
01-19-2006, 08:36 AM
am replacing today was going to order but cant rember if the engine hatch comes off from the left or right side can order going either way thought it was the right but boat is in pices

MOP
01-19-2006, 08:39 AM
It does not matter which way it slides, just don't end up like another member did with a set that the pins faced in opposite direction which would not allow removal without taking one of the hinges off. The pins must face the same direction!

Phil

lee
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
just dont want to make new holes just wondering which way donzi made it

mattyboy
01-19-2006, 08:42 AM
My 16 slides off to port, whatever way you order them you might want to order one hinge the opposite this way if you decide you want the hatch to stay on with gas struts you have the hinge,
and when someone says well you can just reverse them to accomplish that tell em to take a long walk off a short pier ;)
plus you can reverse the hinge and have the female part either on the boat or on the hatch and it will still slide the same way
are the hinges 2 holes or 3 holes??

lee
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
My 16 slides off to port, whatever way you order them you might want to order one hinge the opposite this way if you decide you want the hatch to stay on with gas struts you have the hinge,
and when someone says well you can just reverse them to accomplish that tell em to take a long walk off a short pier ;)
plus you can reverse the hinge and have the female part either on the boat or on the hatch and it will still slide the same way
are the hinges 2 holes or 3 holes??took your advice and ordered both

MOP
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Matty brough up a good point, Try to get the Perko's which had a screw in from the socket end that kept them from sliding apart, they came as a stock item on many of the Donzies mine included. If they no longer make that style it would be a very simple mod.

Phil

Rootsy
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Lee i'd love it if you'd post some progress photos of your 18... since ours are sisters of sorts... :D