PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheeler with nitrous

glashole
01-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Does anyone here have any experience dealing with Nitrous?:lightning
I am going to put it on my 4 wheeler (ATV) :bonk: and was just looking for any advise ( good or bad) that may help me with regards to installation , usage and actual maintenance
I have ordered a kit from a company in the states and it should show up shortly with apparently everthing required for installation.
regards
Shea

Ranman
01-16-2006, 04:46 PM
In a nutshell: Jet it rich and don't overdo it. (If a little is good, than more must be... BOOM!)

If you are careful with the jetting and stay conservative, you should be fine. Use all the inline filters, check them regularly and take your time installing the system.

You get into trouble when you get greedy and try to push the envelope looking for every last HP.

BUIZILLA
01-16-2006, 05:36 PM
get an engine diaper .... unless you like connecting rods for ankle bones...

JH

Carl C
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
glashole, I've been running NO2 on my Banshee for years. The installation took a while with the universal kit but the results are awesome. I also use nitrous on my '82 Mustang and former Hydrostream. I've never blown a motor with it. What kind of ATV do you have? I'd post pics but my bike is up at the cabin. Contact me if you have any problems.:smile: OK I found some pics. I used to drag race on the ice and once I got this thing dialed in I was rarely beaten. If you have a 2 sroke you will need to install a battery and fuel pump.

mrfixxall
01-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Does anyone here have any experience dealing with Nitrous?:lightning
I am going to put it on my 4 wheeler (ATV) :bonk: and was just looking for any advise ( good or bad) that may help me with regards to installation , usage and actual maintenance
I have ordered a kit from a company in the states and it should show up shortly with apparently everthing required for installation.
regards
Shea

Which brand of nos? and which brand of quad?
I play with nos all the time.We use it on our race car and hold two world championships for 2004 and 2005 in pro edlbroch nistalga pro street class.
I reccomend that you get the boon docker nos kit,its much safer then the injected kits..just make sure that your at leaste 4000 rpm before you hit the button or you will granade the air box....
p.m. me if you have any questions.....

Lenny
01-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Glashole,... My gal, (Deneen)'s sister lives in LA. She was up here for Christmas. Anyways, this is what they bought each other for Xmas. Some
$50K, new sand buggy, c/w Turbo and NO2 I am told and whatever else. Apparently it will do 70 mph.

We are (Deneen and I) flying down to Glamis in California in 6 weeks to spend a week in the desert, by the Mexican border, eating fish tacos, and trying to stay out of trouble.

It will be my first time on a sand rail and "hopefully" :rolleyes: it is fun. If not, a week of eating sand and desert Mexican food might just grate on me.

:confused:

...sure hope this is "fun"... :eek:

SideshowRob
01-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah Lenny that doesn't look fun at all :spit: I could really use that to get to the old Ice fishing hut. :eek:

glashole
01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
that looks like a ton of fun

I think it could use a wind sheild to get to our hut but it sure would do it in a hurry

I have a 700 Suzuki Twin peaks
works great I love the solid rear end ( pardon?) and it already has the chip and a clutch kit

the bike will do about 65-70mph now

I sponsor this this fun ice racing event at the local speedway every year ( kind of more of a fun thing to keep us occupied) 1/3 clay oval.
the race is on Jan 28

we flood the track and race sleds and 4 wheelers on it.
then afterwards we have a big party

anyways I just want to give my bike a little more pep coming out of the corners as there are a few new King Quads out there ( 700 EFI Suzuki) that the other sponsor ( a good friend of mine) is building up. He is a local Suzuki dealer and won't do any more mods to my bike to make it faster ( until obvoiusly after the race) because " I shouldn't need it"

need I say more I just hate losing.

thanks to everyone for the advise

I did order the kit from HIlifter and I do believe it is a boondocker kit.

when it arives I may need more advise

regards

Shea

It should arive

mrfixxall
01-17-2006, 11:53 AM
glas,,one thing i forgot to add start out with the smallest nos pill and one size bigger fuel pill and you can adjust from their..Also you may want to stepp up a tooth on the primary sprocket because nos makes that much of a differance....do you have the heel clicker weights in your clutch??if so you may want to add a few grams at the end of the weight to make up for the extra rpm's yoyur motor will put out..on my rx1 my engine went from 10500 to 11200 so i had to add weight to the clutch....good luck

MD

Rootsy
01-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Glashole,... My gal, (Deneen)'s sister lives in LA. She was up here for Christmas. Anyways, this is what they bought each other for Xmas. Some
$50K, new sand buggy, c/w Turbo and NO2 I am told and whatever else. Apparently it will do 70 mph.
We are (Deneen and I) flying down to Glamis in California in 6 weeks to spend a week in the desert, by the Mexican border, eating fish tacos, and trying to stay out of trouble.
It will be my first time on a sand rail and "hopefully" :rolleyes: it is fun. If not, a week of eating sand and desert Mexican food might just grate on me.
:confused:
...sure hope this is "fun"... :eek:

boy do i have some video and photos from these boys at the silver lake dunes in Michigan... soem of them get very exotic with LS1 and ford modular motors... there was one there a few summers back with a 5.3 LS1, blown...

spent an afternoon on top of Test Hill watching these guys get 40 feet of air and fly about 200 feet off of the back side of teh hill...

i have heard price tags in excess of 100K for some of them.. mega suspension travel in the neighborhood of like 16 - 20+ inches.. and they can stand themselves on the rear wheels at the blip of the throttle with those paddles...

http://www.playtechfabrication.com/jarmgallery.htm

have fun... playing in the sand is a good time to be sure...

Richard Rees
01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Never done nitrous on a 4 wheeler, but have done it at a bunch of partys.

glashole
01-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Re new sprockets

this bike is actually shaft drive so there are no sprockets to change up to.

I think I did here of a place down in the southern states or even Mexico that you could set up a weeks vacation and take those buggies or trucks out as a team building experience.

thats not for sure but I think it was on Discovery or something like that

Shea

boxy
01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Shea's 4 wheeler has twin peaks, and a solid rear end ........

HAHA :rlol: :rlol:

glashole
04-21-2006, 07:29 AM
well...

the ice races never happened so the nitrous took a back seat to other things and i am just fine tuning everything now

anyways

the bike worked awesome with the nitrous it, it jumped probably 30 mph at WOT when the button was pushed and you have to be leaning forward or the front wheels will come off the ground

I got 3 runs out of it before the head gasket blew

So the motor is now out of the bike and being rebuilt with an aluminum head gasket and since it is apart they are going to install a big-bore kit to jump it to a 820

I will keep you posted as to the results

mrfixxall
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
well...
the ice races never happened so the nitrous took a back seat to other things and i am just fine tuning everything now
anyways
the bike worked awesome with the nitrous it, it jumped probably 30 mph at WOT when the button was pushed and you have to be leaning forward or the front wheels will come off the ground
I got 3 runs out of it before the head gasket blew
So the motor is now out of the bike and being rebuilt with an aluminum head gasket and since it is apart they are going to install a big-bore kit to jump it to a 820
I will keep you posted as to the results

Whyle you have it apart you may want to check into a set of hell fire rings that is made for nos,,or at leaste see if you can get a stainless steel top ring to hold the heat in the top of the cylinder so the nos dont crush your ring lands on the piston or pistons...

glashole
06-06-2006, 07:31 AM
well

bike is back and up and running :moped:

I will post some pics when I get them
I tried to keep it as stock looking as possible so as to keep the sleeper appearance

we had to add a larger exhaust to get the heat out of the motor faster as i was burning up pistons etc..

we did have a lot of trial and error with the jetting to get it where it has to be not to blow the motor

SideshowRob
06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Speaking of pics... You still owe us some water shots from this winter/spring. Everyone likes to see pics of sleds running water.

glashole
06-12-2006, 08:07 AM
4 wheeler shots

sled pics coming