PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

MrsDigger
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Did anybody make any? What were they? How are you doing so far?

I didn't make any resolutions, but I have recently focused on getting back in shape...after a year and a half or so of not doing much working out at all. So far, so good--I'm working out consistently, but I have developed a love/hate relationship with my Lifecycle. A few observations:

1. Getting older sucks.
2. The older I get, the better shape I was in when I was young.
3. Watching the Alito hearings while riding the Lifecycle can result in one's heart rate accelerating far higher than the little sign on the lifecycle says is a good idea.
4. There is a BIG difference between level 2 and level 3.
5. The more I work out, the hungrier I am. This is ironic.
6. The bathroom scale is an evil and vindictive being with a nasty personality and a vile sense of humor.
7. The older I get, the harder it is to tell the difference between muscle soreness and old sports injuries.
8. It is a bad idea to kick a 15 lb. dumbbell.

gcarter
01-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Ditto #'s 1,2,5,6, and 7.
And It's really sucked after I turned 60.
I told Elaine I wish I could wake up in the morning and not hurt qnywhere.

Schnook
01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Amen to all that. I got ambitious today and decided to take the stairs to the 4th floor. After 3 1/2 'feel the burn' was the understatement of the year....maybe I should just take up smoking.

MrsDigger
01-19-2006, 05:35 AM
9. Tora! Tora! Tora! is a great motivator...one can ride for 60 minutes at about 100 RPM while you watch it...

Schnook
01-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Try Black Hawk Down, it's a new exercise called " don't throw sh*t at the TV."

MrsDigger
01-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I've found that watching Black Hawk Down generally makes me want to throw things at Bill Clinton, not the TV...it's a nice TV.

MrsDigger
01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
For anyone interested, I found a great site for changing up the workout: www.bodybuilding.com. Just click on the body part/muscle group, and you'll get all the options you could want for isolating muscle groups or just finding alternative exercises.

Schnook
01-25-2006, 09:27 PM
The wife and I just got a bowflex, so I'm sure all our clothes will have a great place to dry soon. (I wonder if it comes with a cup holder for my beer?)