PDA

View Full Version : No more of these...

need for speed
01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
:yippie: Was looking through some old pics... found this.... what do we know about these????

Chili 18
01-15-2006, 06:37 PM
They also had a 24 and 27. Lots of issues surround these boats. They are heavy, Great in big seas, but not necessarily faster than the deep v they were cut in half and created from. Trouble for the Aronow clan with these babes too. Were not profitable as I recall and left some bad feelings with the wrong kind of people.

Just some tidbits ive learned allong the way.

There was a 24 in California I tried buying a year ago. Guy decided to keep it and restore.. rats

If you really want to fly in a cat... get a skater.

cool pix

boxy
01-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Great article MadDog, you always hear the same complaints as Chili posted above, it's cool to read the reason behind the design.......

onesubdrvr
01-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Glen-L (or someone) Had plans out at one time for a boat called something like Slot Missle, or something like that, I've been doing a search, but can't find it.

Narrow slot like the Aronow design here, 30' in length (if memory serves me), pretty neat looking boat. I decided that is was too big to built, and I liked the look of the 16' crackerbox better,............then I bought the Ragazza!

Wayne

one day I'll build a small pocket trawler, something like a C-Dory or something. For cruising vacations when the kids leave home,.......... of course that's a LONG way down the road.

Donzigo
01-15-2006, 11:12 PM
..............wouldn't it be in Don's best interest that this Government Cat not be fast enough to catch the other boats that Don had built.

mattyboy
01-16-2006, 09:26 AM
had a chance to walk around one sitting up on blocks, the boat is massive, this one was all black, looked cool as hell, had a very destinctive look among all the other go fasts around it, twin gas turbine and some arney's bet that would get her out of her own way

Greg K
01-16-2006, 02:33 PM
had a chance to walk around one sitting up on blocks, the boat is massive, this one was all black, looked cool as hell, had a very destinctive look among all the other go fasts around it, twin gas turbine and some arney's bet that would get her out of her own way
This one Matty?

mattyboy
01-16-2006, 02:41 PM
dat's the one ;)

Chili 18
01-16-2006, 02:44 PM
That’s like the "Black Pearl" from Pirates of the Caribbean... Imagine that thing coming up to you in the middle of the darkness with your gunnels full with contraband... Oh S/\/\....

Not that anyone here would…

Lenny
01-16-2006, 02:53 PM
...and then there is this '84 on boattrader. Seems reasonable.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/59053270.htm

Greg K
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
2 more of the cockpit..tons of space...

f_inscreenname
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Glad I boat in the same area. I go by the USCG station almost every time I go out. I guess my boat and i have got a little respect over the years. In a cove I hang in, when DNR or USCG comes by they check out everyone (safety equipment and such) then they stop by me and ask hows it running and whats in it (for the new guys). After they are gone someone in another boat always asks if I know them. I always say no and I don't. Just boating in the same area gets you known all by its self.
I will pass on customs. I have to deal with them at BWI airport with some things that the company imports. As many times I have been there they still give me a hard time, every time. Dont need that on the water.

Chili 18
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Here's the one I really do want to 'find' Well, its somewhere on the list..
The 24

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/gallery/album47

Lenny
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Chili, here is the ad.

gero1
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
saw this one at the races on dale hollow lake

Chili 18
01-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Lenny and Gero1,

COOL! Thanks for posting those. I suppose if it is meant to be... The right one will come along.

c