PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a "RELIGION AND POLITICS" only section???

Chili 18
01-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Lenny opened a debate concerning his distaste for the discussion of Religion and Politics in the "Whatever" section. Many have voiced an opinion. How about an informal poll to measure the idea.
Personally, I vote no.
Not because I disagree that some posts are unpleasant. But because it’s a slippery slope. Personally, some topics come up which I could care less about. I simply dont click on them. That simple.
If the idea is to have a non performance (mechanical) place to discuss the FUN we had on our boats last weekend... That could be a good thing. But to start subdividing topics too finely, will only further segregate us and create even more 'clicks'. We would have the births section. Deaths. New houses, booze, travel, Republican politics, Democrat politics etc etc etc. Seems that all fits into the "whatever group".
Perhaps a "FUN ON A DONZI" section could be an answer??

RedDog
01-15-2006, 04:20 PM
No - there are plenty of other online forums devoted to politics.

Chili 18
01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Please note. This is a public poll. I set it up that way because even though its an important topic, I didnt feel it was a big deal one way or another how anyone votes. Tried to switch it to private. But seems this is not possible. Since folks have already cast votes, I'm not going to delete it and start over. However you vote, just vote. No one really cares who voted how, And if they do. Do we really care what they think. This is starting to sound like one of those George Carlin chain letters...

As I would say if I were younger... Peace out, and enjoy the vote... :-)

goatee
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
i vote not to vote. since i am uncertain what the difference is in the first two choices anyway. its kinda hard to have a "whatever" thread, and limit discussion.
now, back to the windshield/no windshield.. ha ha :)

Donzigo
01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Look it, gang, if you create another forum for religion & politics, then pretty soon, you gotta create a forum for each kind of religion & politican point of view.................then milk forum then a 1%, 2%, full butterfat, lactose, and skim milk forum. Then pretty soon you got so many forums, you start to call this little boat website, the the "Donzi Registry All points of view of religions and politically correct website". Heck, we got too many forums now. Some of the sections we now have should be deleted for non-participation.................So, you don't beleive it, then take a look at the last time things have been posted in the Tech section.............and there are other sections that simply don't get any action. I say if there are those who don't like the website the way it is now.............then let them eat cake..........uhhhhhhh..........I mean drink milk............uhhhhh I mean drink 2% Lower Fat with no added lactose milk.............see where this goes? This kind of stuff is ridiculous.

We got a "whatever you want to talk about section"............doesn't that pretty much say it all. You want to rant on your soapbox, go for it dude, because that's where all the nutty stuff is, anyway.

gero1
01-16-2006, 12:58 AM
will there be a section about dating or am i the only single guy on here? i want a section on how to meet the right woman !!!!!!

txtaz
01-16-2006, 08:08 AM
I vote to start a whole new board.

Carl C
01-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Donzigo said it perfectly!!!:lookaroun . gero1, check out my thread called "match.com sucks" in "whatever you want to talk about".

TuxedoPk
01-16-2006, 09:45 AM
will there be a section about dating or am i the only single guy on here? i want a section on how to meet the right woman !!!!!!

I believe Dr. Dan's still in charge of bringing single women to Donzi events for registry members to date or whatever :cistineb: :puke:

Sam
01-18-2006, 12:38 PM
NO ! NO ! NO ! I come here to read and talk boats / related topics not religion & politics. That is of course unless the goverment or God tells me I have to give up my boats :angryfire .

Sam

gero1
01-18-2006, 12:48 PM
pretty woman in bikinis on donzi's(preferabley a black hawk,mine) that's good boating