PDA

View Full Version : Donzi owner that had a BAD day - SPIN OUT

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I read this story on "one of the other boards."
http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34205&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Good post, the thread started about one of six 32 Dominators etc. A Sunsation owner also had a bad day on the water, and then this story came up. (1st 2 pic's)
It didn't flip based on the plowing photo the boat did as it kept running after the spin.
When I spun the 22ZX it stayed together solid, only thing broken was my pride (AOTH 2000).
Bryan Tuvell

PICTURE 3 IS ME IN THE 22ZX

Lenny
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
That, :eek:, does NOT look good.

mrfixxall
01-12-2006, 05:23 PM
That, :eek:, does NOT look good.

lenny,go to crashedtoys.com and look at the sunsation that lost it last summer in chi-town...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I agree, I was surprised at how the deck split off too, it does not look as I thought it should have, based on Donzi's construction literature.
But none of us was there, so who knows what the real story is......
An ugly site for sure....
I have been killing time looking at Damaged Power Boats from the 2 big storms down south, they are starting to appear online.

The photos of the big Donzi sure makes one think uh?
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Nope... :bawling:
Lanyard, my friend as my jackets are, at all times, they are my best friends on plane....

A note on the Sunsations, we had a Dominator, T500s run in the HRPA poker run (Mark @ SML) and it held it's on, in some VERY snotty water... for their weight. I like their layout.

I was surprised a guy hooked one etc. My friend that owns a 32 Sunsation has no issues, and he turns it like there is no tomorrow. I hope to ride in his this season.

Bryan

RedDog
01-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Is the third picture you at AOTH I?

synack
01-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Both the sunsation and the ZX that went thru the piers were done up at the Chain of Lakes just NW of Chicago. Some crazy stuff goes on up there.

mrfixxall
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Both the sunsation and the ZX that went thru the piers were done up at the Chain of Lakes just NW of Chicago. Some crazy stuff goes on up there.

From what i understand lou from crashed toys said that the sunsation crashed in lake michigan..Go to crashed toys and look at the tach's on the dash pic,onr reads 5000 rpm and the other reads 800rpm,i wonder if the cause was driver error because of what the tach's read ..Looks like the driver may have pulled one throttle down instead of two.....

p.s. i boat at the chain and yes some real crazy stuff goes on their,,theirs a bar in the middle of grass lake called blarneys island and most of the accidents that happen are the people that were at that bar.(drunkin boaters)

Greg K
01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
If I remember correctly I posted these pics long ago and the story. The ZX bounced off of the sea wall after spinning with everyone being thrown out. The ZX continued on after hitting the wall and came to rest after plowing thru several docks.
Original Thread... http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40821

synack
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
The sunsation was up around the chain somewhere... Here's another thread about it... More pix too

http://www.funonthefox.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=483

The chain definitely gets crazy. I'm also up there and I try to stay away from Blarney Island. Mainly because it's so shallow and the ZX has such a deep draft. Almost every trip out I have to avoid some knucklehead that's not paying attention. Last October, after the buoys got pulled, I saw one guy go through the Pistakee/Nippersink/Route12 bridge no wake area while he was on plane! CRAZY!

Carl C
01-13-2006, 12:24 PM
:eek!: I bet the driver still has nightmares about that one. Very lucky no one was hurt or killed. I don't always wear my jacket, but the lanyard yes!!!:eek!:

mrfixxall
01-13-2006, 02:33 PM
The sunsation was up around the chain somewhere... Here's another thread about it... More pix too
http://www.funonthefox.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=483
The chain definitely gets crazy. I'm also up there and I try to stay away from Blarney Island. Mainly because it's so shallow and the ZX has such a deep draft. Almost every trip out I have to avoid some knucklehead that's not paying attention. Last October, after the buoys got pulled, I saw one guy go through the Pistakee/Nippersink/Route12 bridge no wake area while he was on plane! CRAZY!
Go figure ,crashed toys lied,,,did the guy go under beer can bridge if so thats crazy because its such a low bridge.....

McGary911
01-13-2006, 03:25 PM
.Go to crashed toys and look at the tach's on the dash pic,onr reads 5000 rpm and the other reads 800rpm,i wonder if the cause was driver error because of what the tach's read ..Looks like the driver may have pulled one throttle down instead of two.....
)

If you look at the scum line on the back of the boat, maybe the starboard outdrive was out of the water (or close to it), and ran the motors up to 5G. If you look at the sticks, the port is actually a little more forward.

I wonder what caused all that damage to the Donzi? Looks to be more damage than one of those docks could do....but who knows? Is that a 26Zx?

joseph m. hahnl
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
If you look at the scum line on the back of the boat, maybe the starboard outdrive was out of the water (or close to it), and ran the motors up to 5G. If you look at the sticks, the port is actually a little more forward.
I wonder what caused all that damage to the Donzi? Looks to be more damage than one of those docks could do....but who knows? Is that a 26Zx?

It crashed into a sea wall and drove thru a sail boat at the dock too.

joe.