PDA

View Full Version : Need items for 28 sportsman

J&K SHAHBAS
01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi guys been a while work has been nuts. I am looking for the exterior rudder assemlies for my 28', mine had electroisis that has made them unuseable for me so wanted to see if anyone was going to an I.O. install and would want to sell theres or if anyone knows the MFG that made them? Also need the sea green plexiglass for my windshield? I appreciate the help as I am trying to complete the boat by may or june. Thanks John

RedDog
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
John - I'm no help but its good to see you back - I had been wondering about you and family. Why don't you give us a refresher on just what you are doing to the 28'.

J&K SHAHBAS
01-10-2006, 03:07 PM
The family is great we have been very busy for the last year and I am just now getting where I can pay attention to my favorite hobby!
The 28 is completly re gelled and I am putting all of the V-drives shafts
mounts and hardware inplace.
I was having to much trouble with the reverse rotation for my ford set up so I purchased 2 502 s with freshwater cooling and was able to basicly
make HP 500 like HP so it should be dependable and should run fairly strong.
I hope to have it back in FLA by mayor june and would like to see if I can get built rite to do some custom work on the interior for me to keep it classic. I will probably leave off the windshield for now and just keep a stainless rubrail for the clean look. Thats about it but it has been a huge project $$$$ with a lot of labor and broken knuckles. But the end result will be awsome and well worth it.

Dano
01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Hello John,

I am in the process of converting to diesel sterndrives, look for some pictures forthcoming. I have all the running gear out of my boat and the rudder assemblies are not pretty but I think would be functional. Let me know if you are interested and I can send some pictures.

I am also in the process of replacing my windshield and am planning on a full frame windshield however am getting pricing for an original style replacement as well. I should have quotes this week or next. Again let me know if you are interested and I suspect we could work a deal and save some money, a lot of the replacement windshield cost is set up and tooling.

Do you need anything else?? I am replacing just about everything except the hull and deck. I have most of the original hardware albeit it needs chrome and all the interior including cabinets.

I posted a few pictures of 8-30 if you want to see some major surgery.

Lenny
01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
J & K.

Mark Horne (Farmer Tex) had a nice plexi (acrylic?) one done for his Criterion from a place in FLA. It looks GREAT and fit fine. Maybe give him a ringle. :)

Lenny
01-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Ellis Propeller, Jacksonville, Fl., 904-354-8233. Ask for John Rose. He owns the joint. If he has any questions, have him call me at 305-332-7611.

Maybe this will help

:D

Bob
01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I got a quote last year for the rudder housing: around $700 if I recall:eek: . Ended up rechroming mine.

J&K SHAHBAS
01-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Dano thanks if the rudder assys are in a condition where I can restore them I would be very interested, as for the windshield My frame is OK I just need the plexiglass replaced. Let me knowwhat else you have .My Email is jhstri@aol.com.

Poodle missed you at sota that wont happen again!!