PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods ?

Staffan Berg
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi
I am going to buy myself a boat in USA.
Can you tell me HOW you do your money transactions.
Deposit and final payment.

It feels a little unsafe just to transfer money to the sellers bank account.

The boat will be delivered by the seller to a transportation agent in US.
The agent is not interesting to do ant money transactions.

Please - any information appreciated
Staffan / Sweden

txtaz
01-08-2006, 12:16 PM
The safest way is to create an escrow account in a US bank. This way the money is available and released upon a successful transaction.
Da taz

Dave911
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
When I buy cars, I always finance them through a reputable bank...making sure there is no early payoff penatly...then I pay the bank off and get the title.

Only costs a few bucks in bank interest and document fees, but the bank will be your partner in getting the documentation completed.

This way, the bank has to worry about getting the title and money timing and accounting sorted properly.

Hope this helps you.

lars
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
What are You up to Staffan? Seems difficult for You to find a boat that's comparable to Your Magnum! I hope this next one is an addition and not a replacement. Give us a hint about what's next. I'm glad You're adding to the Swedish fleet.
:yes:

Igotogo
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Be careful with anything overseas and shipping agents. I've seen so many scams. they want to buy your vehicle and they are will to pay too much if only you will do this or that. do it through a bank or lawyer. someone who is legally liable. Not some person in some far away country you have never met.