PDA

View Full Version : New 2006 Photo Contest for 2007 Donzi Calendar

DonCig
01-08-2006, 08:40 AM
I have decided to start a new photo contest for 2006 that will have huge rewards for all.
The purpose of this contest is to obtain 12 Donzi photos from 2006 to be used to publish a 2007 Donzi wall calendar!
I will sell the calendars thru this site with Scot's permission, and I will donate 10% of the proceeds to the Harbormaster.
Here are the rules:
Only 1 rule, the photos need to be from 2006! No digging thru the old stuff. Get to work and supply something new.
No rules on subject matter other than each photo needs to feel like a Donzi shot.
Let your creative tendancies flow.
Garage shots, old Crit's in a barn covereed with dust, water skiing, horseplay, you get the idea.
The winning 12 photos/photographers will all receive 1 free calander for their efforts along with fame and glory by being listed on the photo as the photographer. The final 12 photos will be selected from a panel of four registry members.
The contest will conclude on October 1, 2006 in order to give me enough time to get the calanders published and for sale on this site in late November.
Please remeber that I will need photos that are around 2MB to 4MB in size or there is a good chance that your great photo will not be large enough in size for publication.

ChromeGorilla
01-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Sounds awesome! My picture taking begins next month..... in Miamuh......:yes:

txtaz
01-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm polishing my lenses and waxing the boat for this one. MrsTxTaz would look great in a calendar.
Da Taz

Lenny
01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
GREAT IDEA :yes:

Now, all I have to do is get the boat up to 70, have someone on another boat ready to powerwind, and fly a Freighter wake and get 10' of Air. :D

Hang on, Brock already did that :( :D :D :D

DonCig
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I though that I would wet your appetites.

Reedy
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Don, your sample calendar looks "Classic"!!!!!
Very nice. It sounds like Wes is already thinking about the swimsuit edition. Jefe must not be paying attention.

boxy
01-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey Don, nice work recognizing the 2 holidays on the first Monday in September.... Labor Day, and Labour Day .... :D
We Canadians Thank You :stan: :cartman: :stan: :cartman:

boldts
01-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Don, been waiting for the opportunity to buy a Donzi calander and help support the Registry for a long time. Nice to see someone making it happen. Look forward to a group shot from AOTH 06 for the May 07 calander page.

Putting it on my list of things that must be done this year at the gathering.

Chili 18
01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I just received the prints from Don Cig from the photo contest. The quality is really fantastic. I sent him an email but wanted to thank him in public too. If this is any indication of the quality of the upcoming calendars… They will be very very cool.
chili

ChromeGorilla
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I got my photos from Doncig as well..... Thank you very much. It was very kind of you. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those calenders when they are done....:yes: