PDA

View Full Version : GT 21 back seat dimensions

YoAnthony
01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I need to create patterns and replace the back seat on the 1971 21 GT. Can anyone with a gt 21 help me with the following three issues so that I can get a new back seat made. Builtrite does not have the patterns for this boat. I found these pictures on this registry and assume that the seats are the original configuration. With a little help with the answers to these questions, I can make patterns and get them to Bob at Builtrite.
1. What is the distance from the floor to the bottom of the seat?
2. What is the length of the seat bottom from the back to the front (measured underneath from the back fiberglass wall to the front edge of the seat?
3. What supports the seat bottom?
Thanks!
Anthony

Jamesbon
01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
"Yo,"
I'll take a look in the next couple days when I see my boat. However, I had new seats made for my rig in which the vinyl does not math the stock configuration. My set up closely resembles the style of the 22 Classic. If it's dimensions you need, I can probably cover that.

Are you looking to match the original style and look?

...GO BUCS!!!

YoAnthony
01-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I am looking to match the original style and look to a point. The deck of the boat has been painted white with a green stripe which, I think, is not original but looks great. I do want to restore the interior to the original design though.

Islander
01-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Anthony,
I believe but am not sure that my boat has the original configuration. I had mine redone with the same pattern I got it with but I can't verify if it is the original one. I'll send you the dimensions and some pictures of the seat supports, but I won't be able to get to it 'til Monday.
Manny

YoAnthony
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Manny,
Thanks! That would be great.
Anthony

Danny
01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Anthony
The plywood base for my seat is 21.5 inches wide,front to back.
The seat sits on two blocks screwed to the base. They appear to be made from a pair of 2X6 plated together, 15" long, 3" wide and 4" high at one end and 1.75" high at the other. The blocks were upholstered with the same material as the seat covering.
Danny

Ted Guldemond
01-09-2006, 05:52 PM
YoAnthony, I have an article from Motor Boating Magazine from Feb. 1970 that shows the interior upholstery. It looks like the pictures posted above are correct or very close to it. Also my 70' GT-21 looks the same. If you want, send me your address and I'll send it to you. Its black & white so I don't think it will scan well.

Islander
01-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Anthony,
The dimensions posted by Danny are the same as on my boat, as well as the seat supports.