PDA

View Full Version : Help, Clear Lake City Boatrader Boat !!!

Lenny
01-05-2006, 04:25 PM
A buddy of mine here wants to buy this boat.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/2/80301592.htm

The price is far lower than this advertised one.

Question; I assume this was used in Clear Lake City. I have boated there with Scot Van A before. It is BRACK-ISH isn't it? not fresh? Where, near Kemah, would one boat with this boat that WAS fresh? Is it possible.

I have been offered a sight-seeing "paid for" tour to bring it back here for him. The price is just over 2/3 of what I see listed here. It is for a tiny lake here that he has a summer cabin on. He wants the "wedge" this hull has is basically what it boils down to. He already has a Nautique with tower.

The salt is the issue. I remember how to get there. South for a bit, through Wyoming, hang a right in Oklahoma and straight for a bit more :rolleyes:

This will allow me to bring back a couple of smokers too :)

BUIZILLA
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Len, I almost bought an identical boat to this in Tenn about 4 years ago on a weak moment.... they are really good boats. Does this have the 350-310 carb engine or the 320 EFI engine?

gcarter
01-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I remember how to get there. South for a bit, through Wyoming, hang a right in Oklahoma and straight for a bit more :rolleyes:

Lenny, your directions are funny, just an afternoon drive.

Uncle Fester
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Looks like the "stripper pole" lost it's brass finish.......:smash: :smash:

Lenny
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Jim, good question. I have emailed the dealer in regards to that item. The trailer is a non-issue as it will be towed from his home to the lake once, and then 5 months later, towed home again. Repeat as neccessary.

Are these raw water cooled or closed systems?

harbormaster
01-06-2006, 06:11 AM
That is over by me Lenny. I can go look at it

harbormaster
01-06-2006, 06:13 AM
There are alot of fresh water lakes and rivers near me here in Houston.
So it is feasible that it could be a fresh water boat.