PDA

View Full Version : Props from Throttle-Up

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-10-2002, 06:19 AM
www.throttle-up.com (http://www.throttle-up.com)

I needed a larger prop and based on ROADTRIP's advice went with Throttle-Up, they do the Donzi F2 boat and Todd highly recommended them.
Came as promised, new from Merc (orig box), labbed and blueprinted by Throttle-up.
All new harware included.
A+ rating so far in customer service, answered email promptly and always a phone call away..
Price includes one tweaking/adjustment by them to dial her in to my RPM desire.

Just wanted to share a good marine buying experience.

I posted this yesterday and the post strayed from it's intended purpose.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
12-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Bryan what size did you get and how much did they charge.
Frank

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Frank, Price $800. They take new Merc's and work them, their website discusses the computer imaging process and how they grind the leading edge to reduce stress risers etc.
http://www.throttle-up.com/services3.htm
Pretty hi-tech compared to what I am acustom too. In fact my first prop they recieved from Merc the rake was so out they returned it.

There is more to tell and I will call you when I return from the factory, I leave tomorrow evening, heading South.
Damn weather forecast blows!
Bryan

Shanghied Again
12-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Have a safe drive out :D

Tomahawk
12-11-2002, 06:06 AM
Hey Bryan - if you're going to the Donzi factory in the next couple days, you darn near have to drive through Astor, Fl. The Seadogs will be there this weekend at Blair's Jungle Den. Consider joining us and doing some late season boating on Lake George and the St. Johns before heading back to snow and ice. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-11-2002, 08:28 AM
Thanks so much for the invite, Poodle had mentioned it also. My schedule is just too tight, I will leave late this afternoon and have commitments for Early Saturday at home, so I will have no extra time.
Thanks again.
Bryan

McGary911
12-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Bryan, Guess this means you're off to pick up your boat. Hope it turned out better than new.