PDA

View Full Version : 1969 (1967?) Jet Barrelback on Boattraderonline!!!

Lenny
01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/4/82198974.htm

TuxedoPk
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
What's the deal with the rear seat?

Greg K
01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
What's the deal with the rear seat?
Probably needed the space for the big block under the hatch with the jet combo and cut the rear seating area out.

Lenny
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
This is one a very FEW manatee friendly Donzis out there :D

pmreed
01-03-2006, 07:13 PM
OK Cuda; this is in your backyard. Go take a look and tell us about it. Just don't buy it. You don't have to own every boat in Florida:rlol: .
Phil

sweet 16 1966
01-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Cuda, you could be close?

Deland Boat Exchange
219 S. Spring Garden Ave.
Deland, FL 32720

Are you taking care if the Minx?

Cuda
01-04-2006, 09:58 AM
It's about three miles from me. I've never seen it around. I'm sick as a dog, otherwise I'd run down and take a look. Maybe tomorrow.

Lenny
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Joe, :( ,
I'm sick as a dog

Can't you take one for "the Team" :D ?

These don't show up everyday. Round keel, sharp keel, original ? Paint/gel,
dash, etc, numbers on a tag anywhere?

:D :D :D ... this "cold" is a doozy. Worst one I have had in recent memory. I picked mine up from the plane from Newark to Seattle (6 1/2 hours of everyone elses germs) I have had it in various renditions for 44 days :(

pmreed
01-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I believe this boat was up in Jacksonville about 4 years ago, selling for $6500 at the time. I was interested, but when I saw pics of the butchered rear seat, I decided to pass.

Phil

Cuda
01-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I went down to the lot today to see if I could get a look at this boat. There was nobody there. It was in the middle of the lot and covered so I couldn't get a look at it at all. If I get back from work early enough tomorrow, I'll stop by again.

This junkyard dog wasn't wanting me to come in.:eek:

pmreed
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Glad to see you're out of the house again, Joe. Hope you've kicked the Debi flu.

Phil

Cuda
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
I had to run to the hardware store for ss screws to attach a rubrail, and when I was heading back, I saw they had the Donzi pulled out front, so I stopped and looked. It looks to be pretty solid, the only thing that really stood out to me was the rear upholstery looked like it had been made with non ss staples and needed to be fixed, not a major thing. The trailer was excellent with good tires and a brand new spare. The guy said it runs great, that the previous owner was very particular. The boat is on consignment. He had an offer today for 8 grand and the owner turned it down. He said he's had a lot of activity on the boat since he put it on the net. I would have gotten more pictures, but my damn batteries went dead after the second pic.

gold-n-rod
01-14-2006, 03:20 PM
He had an offer today for 8 grand and the owner turned it down. He said he's had a lot of activity on the boat since he put it on the net.

Oldest sales "lines" in the book. What a bull****ter!

:wavey:

Lenny
01-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Joe, from that pic, it appears the transom has been redone. It is too thick and you can see a layer of glass on the starboard side diying out about an inch into the hull bottom, not what you would normally see. No biggy, but it indicates a non-original jet DONZI. ( I say "indicates" not "means"...)

I think that the fact that this is still for sale indicates some major mods. Also the stringers have been cut for clearances of a motor that is not even there. And the transom shows a couple of other exhaust locations, mind you, since it has been redone (the transom) I do not know why they still exist.

I needs a close up of the transom opening inside the motor compartment and one from a side view, (high res) of the transom to see if we can see if it has been filled.

Is it a hard "V" bottom or round? Do the stringers have old (additional) hole sin 'em from the past?

Cuda
01-14-2006, 07:14 PM
If this is typical of jet drives (and no, I've never looked at one before), I don't see how they could install a jet without moving it so far forward.

Cuda
01-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Oldest sales "lines" in the book. What a bull****ter!
:wavey:
I don't think so, I think he wished the owner took the offer. He probably has a set fee, so he doesn't care a lot about the full price, he just wants the sale.