PDA

View Full Version : Great boating today......

gcarter
12-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, the temp was up over 70* today so we went boating.
This may be the last time for awhile because as soon as we move our office, the Minx is coming off the trailer and the bottom is going to be fixed.
As I was saying, the weather was gorgeous!!!!!:smile:
We went from the public ramp in Leesburg, across Lake Harris and Dead River, to the Dock Side Restaurant (formerly Dead River Vics).

gcarter
12-31-2005, 06:28 PM
We were eating our lunch when this boat came in........

A brand new 42' Fountain!!!!!
Anyone recognize the graphics on the side?

gcarter
12-31-2005, 06:37 PM
We watched the Fountain dock and went on eating.....

A couple of minutes went by and a voice behind me said...."I bet this is a Donzi guy"

I turned around and there was a gentleman a few years older than myself standing there with a crewman, or relative.
He introduced himself as Tony, sorry, I didn't catch his last name. He owns the company in Ocala that sponsers the race boats.
He had just bought this boat as his personal boat.
Please notice the BIMINI in the pictures.:jestera: :biggrin:

gcarter
12-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Tony asked a lot of questions about the Minx. I told him about some of the restoration process.
He told me he had tried to buy his wife a 22 Classic, that he's particularly fond of them. But she ended up with a large twin engined Sea Doo.
He was pretty pleased with the win in Key West, and the Fountain boats.

This made for a pretty neat day.

gcarter
12-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Did anyone notice one of my Christmas presents in the view of the minx at the dock?

sweet 16 1966
12-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Steering wheel??

I got 6 pairs of socks!

Hey George, I need to repaint the bottom of my boat soon. Paint is flaking
and gel is pitted in spots. I read some of your old posts. How about recommending a primer which will hold up and hold the a red paint on. I may sand down to the gel and start from there. MOP I thought had a friend from an old post, (best I can remember) who had a type of paint he guaranteed would stick and not come off. I called the guy once but lost the number. I would like this job to be it for a while. It will be my fourth job since 1980.

Great boating day, I worked on building a dock all day, it hurts all over!

gcarter
12-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Rus, I got eight Donzi towels!!!
I'm going to re-gel the bottom. It has quite a few dings and lift rash.

BUIZILLA
12-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Did anyone notice one of my Christmas presents in the view of the minx at the dock?Donzi towel

gcarter
12-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Yep Jim, Elaine surprized me with them. She had the company that supplies our uniform shirts do them.

sweet 16 1966
12-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Just checked an earlier post, not the steering wheel! Nice Donzi towels!
They aren't cheep!

I am not experienced with spraying gel on gel but if it has that lasting effect, I'm in!

Dock, before pics.

gcarter
12-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Just checked an earlier post, not the steering wheel! Nice Donzi towels!
They aren't cheep!
I am not experienced with spraying gel on gel but if it has that lasting effect, I'm in!
Dock, before pics.
Rus, I've not done a lot of gel spraying, but what I did turned out pretty good.
When I bought the Minx, it had bottom paint on it. While removing it, I noticed a lot of dings in the strakes, some the size of my thumb. I'll do a combination of filling with color matched gel, and filling with filler and spraying gel.
I'm ordering a set of dollies Tuesday.

gcarter
12-31-2005, 07:51 PM
G,
I can check Continental for ya, they stock dollies.. I also have a spare set @ the office I could loan ya. Tomorrow I can check, my niece is heading up to school (Central Fl) maybe they would fit in their truck...
That's very generous Scott. If I could borrow them for awhile, that would be great. I could bring them back in February.

Cuda
12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
George, I plan on splashing the 22 for it's first run tomorrow. I picked it up this morning from the Boat Hospital. If you're interested, we'll put in at the bridge on 44. I'm going to run south for a bit, just to be sure it's going to run right, since if I head north, there is nothing for 17 miles if I break down. If it's all good, we'll probably head north to the Blackwater at Astor.

She was ready and waiting this morning. The guy had called me Wednesday and told me the boat was ready. Unfortunatley, I was working 250 miles away, and told him I doubted I'd make it in time Friday to pick it up. He said he'd come down today so I could pick it up. Heck of a nice guy, and I was very pleased with the bill. :)

Cuda
12-31-2005, 07:54 PM
I wanted to test it today, but I had to meet some friends at the Swamphouse Grill in Debarry. I wanted to take the boat, but I didn't have the numbers to put the Florida registration on, and I didn't have time to do find them, and get the boat up that far in time, so we rode the bikes.

Cuda
12-31-2005, 07:56 PM
We saw one Donzi, I think it was a Z22? It had an open bow.

gcarter
12-31-2005, 07:56 PM
That's a pretty boat Joe.
I might would be interested, but there's a good chance of rain tomorrow.
But good luck on launching.
Don't forget the plug!!!! LOL

Cuda
12-31-2005, 07:58 PM
While we were waiting for some friends, a guy I know pulled up to the launch next door with his 40 foot Fountain. He has twin 900's in it! He says it will run 102 in salt water.:cool:

Cuda
12-31-2005, 08:00 PM
That's a pretty boat Joe.
I might would be interested, but there's a good chance of rain tomorrow.
But good luck on launching.
Don't forget the plug!!!! LOL
Damn, I didn't know it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Btw, I put the plug in the boat before I left the Boat Hospital. :)

sweet 16 1966
12-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Good luck with the 22 Cuda. I would run it anyway!
Wondered if you picked it up. Are you done?

Magicallbill
01-01-2006, 03:15 AM
That's a good pic of you two..
Hey the 22 looks really good too.

LKSD
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
You lucky dogs!! We got snow & Ice. While you were boating we and our friends up here were dreaming of it!..

BTW Joe & George your boats both look great!! Happy new year.. Jamie :)