PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of 4 isn't bad...

Tony
12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Almost overlooked by the great start of the Red Wings, the Detroit Pistons are quietly dominating the NBA this year. The just beat the Heat, and are currently 24-3 overall, 12-1 at home, have won 9 in a row, and 15 of the last 16! Also, they have led the league in attendance for the last 3 years and have 98 consecutive sellouts.

Their team concept, lunch bucket work ethic, and solid depth is lightly regarded by most typical "star-struck" fans and all-star voters. The Pistons will likely have nobody in the all-star starting line-up!

Just don't mention the Tigers or the Lions...their woefulness kind of offsets the awesomeness of the Wings and Pistons. But, I am still very excited about the possibility of two Motor City championships this spring!

Sens vs. Wings for the Stanley Cup...Wings in six.
Spurs vs. Pistons for the NBA crown...Pistons in seven.

JPR
12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
What Colour is the sky on your planet??

:jestera:

boxy
12-30-2005, 12:39 AM
At least you have the Eastern opponents right.... :D
Watched the Sens beat up the Rangers, and the Hurricanes this week. Islanders get it tomorrow night.
Game to watch though is the Canada/USA Junior game Saturday night from Vancouver.......

Rootsy
12-30-2005, 06:42 AM
don't forget the GLI is 2nd round is tonight... some great college hockey straight from the Joe :)

mattyboy
12-30-2005, 08:31 AM
well he got the 2 right
the lions and tigers are in the tank

it is too early to get to get into the playoff craze, let's talk after the super bowl ;)

Carl C
12-30-2005, 09:13 AM
The Wings are definately a Cup contender this year if they stay healthy. But let's not forget about Philly or Nashville. Both are very tough this year. Ottawa and Detroit in the finals; yeah that would be a good series but I'd pick Detroit in 5. Yeah, Matty, the Super Bowl is in our town this year too!

Tony
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
JPR...red & white, and blue!

Yes it is early, and yes, I should have figured that most responses would be hockey related. Apparently the Registry isn't much of a basketball crowd!

I agree that the Preds and Flyers are playing well, along with the Wings and Sens. Injuries will always be a factor, but the Wings have already had their fair share and are still marching on. Kromwell out for most of the year, Lang and Yzerman injured, and of course Jiri Fisher out (probably) for good.

Meaning that the old warrior, 44 year old Chris Chelios, has been playing many more minutes than expected...and playing very well I might add!

boxy
12-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Boys, boys, boys, spend some time on the www.NHL.com website, GF, GA, GP, Points, there is only one clear leader, and we all know where they live.... :D

I'll give you Detroit, but Nashville, give me a break, they play 24 games against 3 of the weakest teams in the NHL, (so does Detroit by the way). The Sens and Philly have more points each than the 2 bottom teams in your division combined.

Do you guys get any World Junior coverage, the USA Jr's play the Canadian Jr's tomorrow night, should be a great game. In celebration of past great Canadian Jr's my Molson buddy dropped off an early Christmas present last week for my bar......

Tony
12-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Sweet jersey, Steve, and I might add a very revered number around our parts (can you say...Mr. Hockey?). Crosby looks to be the real deal, I haven't had a ton of opportunity to see him in action but the one time I did he got clocked, took some stitches, and came back in the third period to score the game winner.

boxy
12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Jason Spezza scored the "Gordie Howe" last time the Leafs were in own.
A goal, an assist, and a fighting major ....... :D