PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

DonziJon
12-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Is it possable?? Did I actually do it?? My own Avatar?? YES!! That's a 38' Hacker w/ twin 454s, taken at Clayton. DJ

Carl C
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Is it possable?? Did I actually do it?? My own Avatar?? YES!! That's a 38' Hacker w/ twin 454s, taken at Clayton. DJ It's easy once you figure out how to downsize your pics

DonziJon
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeh: That picture is Still TOO big. It's 221 Kb and it took awhile to load this thread over my Dial Up. I need to downsize some more. I'll do that tonight when I get home. DJ :smile:

EDIT: Can a picture that has already been taken, be reduced in total number of pixels, ...OR must a New picture be taken with New settings in the camera?? If I don't have to take another picture, how do I resize..after the fact. I havn't been able to find a way to "resize" in my Canon software. The Avatar above is a "Picture of a Picture". I can take it over again, but I am just wondering.

Carl C
12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeh: That picture is Still TOO big. It's 221 Kb and it took awhile to load this thread over my Dial Up. I need to downsize some more. I'll do that tonight when I get home. DJ :smile:
EDIT: Can a picture that has already been taken, be reduced in total number of pixels, ...OR must a New picture be taken with New settings in the camera?? If I don't have to take another picture, how do I resize..after the fact. I havn't been able to find a way to "resize" in my Cannon software. The Avatar above is a "Picture of a Picture". I can take it over again, but I am just wondering. It's easy to resize pics once the program is in your PC. I'm not sure how mine got there; it must have been part of one of the photo programs I loaded. There was a thread about this a couple months ago that you need to find. It's not in "computer tech" but it's here somewhere.

Chili 18
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I was able to resize using windows paint program. Load it in and under the Image menu select stretch/skew. I played with the % numbers till it was small enough. Saved and uploaded as bmp file. Perhaps easier ways, but it worked.

DonziJon
12-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions: I downsized the picture to aprox 42 Kb by taking a New picture (changing camera settings) ...of the original... "master". I also found out how to downsize.... working with yesterdays (the first) Avatar. BUT: To make it simple, I used the "retake" for this "new"..todays.. avatar. It took me awhile..again..to get todays avatar picture in. It's IN. Don't blame me if your system can't handle a 42 Kb picture. :beer: Thanks for your patience reading this. Very respectfully. :wink: DJ

gcarter
12-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Gosh DJ! Yours is in color!!!
It looks really good!
I think a copy of Photo Shop is a good investment. With it you can do most anything that's possible and it's not that expensive. Look on eBay. Somehow people sell them for considerably less than retail.
On my avatar, I did a lot of cropping, therefore removing pixels by eliminating blue sky and empty water.

Tony
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I use Mihov Image Resizer, it is a great little utility and it is free.
A handy and unique feature is that it will resize a batch of pictures all at once.

Download it here:

http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html