PDA

View Full Version : mmmmmmmm yummy... Episode 2

Rootsy
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
The "Red Mistress" has made a cold and lonely trek across the countryside and is now resting peacefully on her cradle in the new abode.. awaiting more surgury..

it appears the first surgury was successful in repairing some unsightly blemishes and wrinkles...

Now if she could just get the roommate sold into slavery she could go on a shopping spree :rlol:

some before and after photos of the rear deck which was sunken pretty badly around the big square holes.. it's pretty darn flat now... we still have a long way to go, hopefully i can get the deck glass work and fairing out of the way pretty quickly and get onto the hull...

i think i am gonna need a bigger air compressor :boggled:

more to follow... i may need moral support... http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/party.gif

smokediver
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
looking better jamie .... Be caeful with that engine hatch . that "checking" in the finish could haunt you . that's gonna have to go down to the bare glas' and then sealed and primed ... I know you use ppg products and K-36 or 38 is a real good choice

Footloose
12-29-2005, 12:30 PM
looks like a great project - reminds me of the major surery we had to do on my current project boat - fun stuff - keep posting your progress

MOP
12-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Looking good Jamie but keep cracking winter slips by faster then you think when working on these old hulls.

Phil

mattyboy
12-29-2005, 04:43 PM
is that the 16's rear seat??
ok time for less posty and more glassy
ford and a volvo right ;) :p

gcarter
12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I bet you're glad to get started again.
Nothing worse than a project you can't get to!
I expect to see more pictures of the process.

penbroke
12-29-2005, 07:58 PM
A little winter boat therapy will help keep ya sane 'till spring. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures comming.

Frank

Rootsy
12-30-2005, 06:33 AM
A little winter boat therapy will help keep ya sane 'till spring. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures comming.
Frank

actually frank, i think i'm looking forward to the resin fumes more than anything to keep me high... errr sane..

MP... yep new interior... you just keep thinkin that and maybe some will ACTUALLY magically appear on my doorstep :biggrin:

split the deck and hull last night... i am SO NOT setup to do all of this riggin crap... so who all wants to come over and help me flip the deck :biggrin: :umbrella: :smash:

BERTRAM BOY
12-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I'll be right over.

mattyboy
12-30-2005, 08:17 AM
is the beer warm and the pizza cold?? ;)

Rootsy
12-30-2005, 08:32 AM
is the beer warm and the pizza cold?? ;)

wtf, we ain't in England.. the beers chillin in the snow bank, the wood burner is rolling and it's a saltry 75ish in there... i ain't F****ing around here son... :yes: :D

mattyboy
12-30-2005, 08:53 AM
you don't have to be in England to enjoy the breakfast of champions after a good nite o drinkin

penbroke
12-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna need directions...

Frank :rolleyes:

boxy
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
wtf, we ain't in England.. the beers chillin in the snow bank, the wood burner is rolling and it's a saltry 75ish in there... i ain't F****ing around here son... :yes: :D

Ahhhh that sweet time of the winter in this part of the world. Just cold enough that the beer in the snowbank is really cold, but not cold enough that you can't run outside in a Tshirt to get one .......... :D :cartman:

A close second is that stretch of winter that is so cold that if you're enjoying a beer in the Great Outdoors, but you can't drink it in under 5 minutes, you end up with a beer popsicle......:stan:

Rootsy
12-30-2005, 12:14 PM
ahhh yes boxy... nothing like popping the top and making your very own home brewed ice beer... a lovely thermodynamic phenomena occuring right before your very eyes, those southern boys don't know what they are missin do they :D

ok screw it i am going home... i have boat work to do and beer to drink and and and... and i'll think of something :D

boxy
12-30-2005, 12:48 PM
ahhh yes boxy... nothing like popping the top and making your very own home brewed ice beer... a lovely thermodynamic phenomena occuring right before your very eyes, those southern boys don't know what they are missin do they :D
ok screw it i am going home... i have boat work to do and beer to drink and and and... and i'll think of something :D

Can one of you engineering types explain to me how that happens, I know it must have something to do with change in pressure...... :D

Chili 18
12-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Looks like fun for a long cold winter. Wish I had that kind of room for some projects... It'l be more fun that first time shes wet and running. Hope the job goes sm o o thly!

Doug L.
12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Lets flip it!
We are off though Monday.
I will bring the crew.
Doug

MOP
12-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Jamie sounds like some "Frozen Knights" may come to the :party:

Phil

Lenny
12-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Jamie, NOTHING beats the smell of kicking glass in a heated room. It brings back childhood memories (or lack of :) ) for me. I LOVE it.

It is looking good, get on with it. I know you are NOT the kind of person to "that's good enough" it...

Hurry up, I can't wait to see it.

Ready for that side project yet :D

???

Cuda
01-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Jamie, Deb's 22's hatch had a scoop cut in it, and the whole hatch pitched to the middle like a shower floor. The shop I took it to had to build a jig to get the curves right for it. They did a pretty good job, it's still a little low around one outside edge, I may see if they can do anything with it. They reinforced the whole hatch, and now it weighs a ton! :( I'll get some pics later today of it.

Rootsy
01-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Ready for that side project yet :D ???

this should answer your question Sir :D ;):yes:

BERTRAM BOY
01-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Where did you ever find a piece of !@#$% like that?

Rootsy
01-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Where did you ever find a piece of !@#$% like that?

i have friends in low places ;)

boldts
01-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Jamie,

I have a 3 day job right now. Anyway, I'm off Wed. thru Sat. I don't know the first thing about glass work, but when you get to the mechanicals, I'd be glad to spend a few days up in MI to help you out. Handing tools, lifting and placing, crawling into small places, etc. Of course, getting high on F-glass might be a good learning experience for me also. You probably have closer help available and more knowledgable, but the offer stands.

Rootsy
01-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Jamie,
I have a 3 day job right now. Anyway, I'm off Wed. thru Sat. I don't know the first thing about glass work, but when you get to the mechanicals, I'd be glad to spend a few days up in MI to help you out. Handing tools, lifting and placing, crawling into small places, etc. Of course, getting high on F-glass might be a good learning experience for me also. You probably have closer help available and more knowledgable, but the offer stands.

Thanks Scott, but do you realize what you are asking for :biggrin: If that will get you your donzi fix you are most welcome to come lend a hand when i get into the thick of things... Right now i am trying to get the rest of the shop in order... plumbing for air and such since the previous jack-ass had one electrical outlet and literally took all of the airline plumbing when he left... the 16 is also in there but hopefully moving your way within a week or so :)