PDA

View Full Version : 38ZX steering problems

38zxdreamin'
12-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I have been going through my new-to-me 38zx daytona trying to get everything back in shape, and found out that my hydraulic steering is locked. I have heard that Donzi had lots of problems with the steering made by WPM which is what I have. Does anyone know what the best alternative to fix the system is?? Other than this, I need to buff the oxidization out of the hull, and then fix the Generator and I think all my big tasks will be completed:lookaroun

Corey

MOP
12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I was hoping someone with some knowledge of this system would pipe up. Hydraulic steering is usually fairly simple, a couple of ?? does the wheel turn, have you disconnected the clevis bolts at the drives. You need to see if it is in the system or if one or both of the drive pivots are frozen. If by chance you do not have full hydraulic but instead have a cable assist system there may be a problem some place else.

Phil

38zxdreamin'
01-01-2006, 06:43 PM
after further research on the system, I believe it is the pump itself that is out. I can turn the drives, but it takes alot of effort to do so. I would assume this means that I have a cable with hydraulic assist type system???

Anyhow, thanks for the tips, I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Corey

38zxdreamin'
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
????? What is the Brazil valve? Sorry, never heard of that. I will check the helm and check for a cable.

Thanks again
Corey