PDA

View Full Version : Just drove a VERY fast car....!!!!

DonziDave
12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
I have a friend who has several high performance cars. He will buy one, drive it for a while, sell it, and buy something else. So it's always a rotating inventory. I drove his latest toy today.....a 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo, 450 hp, AWD, carbon fiber interior, 13,000 miles. Car belonged to the son of a Porsche dealer, so the it is pristine.

Let me tell you my little Drooges and Droogies, I have driven a lot of fast cars, but this thing is outrageous...!!! It's like the bet of putting a $20 bill on the dash in front of the passenger and have him try to grab it as you accelerate. 2nd. gear will pin you to the seat As you go up in gears and stand on the pedal, it just keeps pulling and pulling...!!!! When I shifted out of 3rd. gear at 120 mph (with 3 more gears to go), I ran out of road and backed off. With the AWD, it is like a go-cart in the corners. I took a 90 degree turn at just under 65 mph. with no slide. An awesome ride....!!! You really have to admire the Tutonic approach to engineering. :propeller