PDA

View Full Version : Seats: Flip up/down bolsters

synack
12-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Which of the two do you guys prefer? The seats with the flip up bolsters or the ones with the drop down?

I would think that the flip ups are better since you can sit on it to gain some altitude to see over the bow. Plus then you can stand infront of it too....

What do you guys think would be better for a 22ZX? I like the Attwood Avenirs.

Shanghied Again
12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
On a 22ZX get the drop downs, the flip ups wont give you the desired room and when you stand in a 22ZX you are really high up. I used my bolsters for sitting not standing when you are doing over 80 mph the swivel seats just didn't cut it

Donzigo
12-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I like the drop-down bolsters.

boxy
12-29-2005, 06:47 AM
We mainly own 22' and under boats. Post that question on OSO for a better response.:pizza:
Carl why would he go to OSO when there are a bunch of guys running the same boat as his, some with big power, and one who had a supercharged 22ZX with DROP DOWN BOLSTERS, on this site.
I like OSO, but there is such a wealth of information on this site, if you know who to ask, or where to look, that's why this is the DONZI site on the net. It's a shame that a lot of the newer members don't relaize that the answers are here, you just have to be aware enough to know who, and how to ask.

Synack, listen to Frank, and Richard, they aren't part of the "we" I guess, but they own boats larger than 22', they have been here forever, and do run their boats in conditions that require bolsters.

Carl, you may want to do a search on 22ZX's and bolsters, you may find some interesting reading, or do a search on the New York City Poker Run, Frank and Geoo have both run it, Frank in a blown, stand up 22 ZX, and Geoo in a blown sit down x-18.

mattyboy
12-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Carl
they are here, more than you know
the question is on bolsters in a 22zx you'll find the knowledge here on the zx lines nowhere else , we have members who have moved from 22zx to 26 zx to 33 zx, guys running big hp blown 22zx
plus the answer Frank gave is right on the money
now thers a boat I wouldn't mind finding again
Frank's old 22zx

boxy
12-29-2005, 08:46 AM
You and me both Matty..... :D

mattyboy
12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I guess we should start a "pole"
are you a little member or a big member

;) :p

Uncle Fester
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't know if I would feel comfortable standing in my ZX. I think if the bolsters are high enough backed to give enough support to feel secure they would be way above the lines of the boat.

I don't really like the swivels either, but there isn't much options on such a shallow cockpit.

Rootsy
12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I guess we should start a "pole"
are you a little member or a big member
;) :p

i'm on the 12 step program to becoming a big member :eek:

Carl C
12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Boxy, Matty, Synack, I guess I screwed up referring this question to another site. It turns out that the answers are here. I like the idea of a poll to see what members are running but we need to start a new thread. This one is still about bolster seats.:banghead:

Donzigo
12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
UHHHH............we've had a Z-25, a Classic 22, and a Z-33, then a Talon 18 footer.

Would we be called a "big/little/big/little" member? ...............I'm so confused............

blackhawk
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I think Carl was just trying to say that the majority on this site run smaller boats and DO NOT have bolsters. Most of the guys on OSO do have bolsters and he could get a lot of feedback on which bolster type is better. No harm in my book! :D