PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present from ol'Red...hint...Corsican

Lenny
12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the update and pics Bill. It is absolutely beautiful. Makes me wanna make a trip to Point Roberts ;)

What you have done with the update is first class. :yes:

Maybe you can chime in and give us some performance figures :D

Thanx for the present.

Man, is that nice...

DonCig
12-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Very nice work!

Cuda
12-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Is that an SS drive on there?

BUIZILLA
12-26-2005, 05:02 PM
omg !!!!!

olredalert
12-26-2005, 05:55 PM
-------Once again,, Thanks to Lenny for the much needed help posting.
-------Whats wrong, Jim, You stub your toe or something???
-------This was a 340hp version of the Scorpion that had an unfortunate Mercruiser defect brand new. I ended up taking everything to Tyler Crockett for the rebuild of what was a three hour motor. In the middle of planning we made a decision to switch to aluminum fast-burn heads and do some other stuff as well (roller-rockers and such). The rockers made the valve-covers necessary. The valve-covers made 3/4" spacers between the heads and exhaust manifolds necessary. Exhaust is aluminum with just about the last set of "Rex" risers that they made. While dynoing the package we found that the Motorola computer that Merc. uses could not be broken into, therefore we had to change dist. and computer and re-locate a bunch of little stuff (sensors, etc.).Dyno sheets said 395 at 5000. Tyler believes that the intake is restrictive. He thinks there is a bunch more horsies hiding in there somewhere, but Im happy with things as they are for next season at least! Just your normal everyday upgrade,,,LOL!
-------Havent had a GPS handy yet, but seat of the pants tells me somewhere around 73/75. Have only tried one prop so far so will experiment a bit more next season. Getting the original cleaver off was a good thing as the new prop went a long way towards taming the ever present chance of "chine-walk.
-------Cuda,,, Nope,,,TRS with a hydramotive schnoz. I know its big and heavy but I have always liked a TRS with a small-block and small boat. Total overkill, and I love it.
-------I think that the posative statements are my Christmas present. Thanks to all...........Bill S

Rootsy
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Bill,

that is absolutely sweet... i can only hope that whatever i create looks half that good when i'm finished.

JR

anotherScott
12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Bill- Nice Job, absolutely the best. Bring that baby to Jersey, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse:) happy New Year!
Scott

BUIZILLA
12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Billy boy, my toes are fine, but you never cease to amaze me... wow, is all I can say.. me thinks Lenny is going on another *field trip* :cistineb:

JH

olredalert
12-26-2005, 06:54 PM
--------Thanks to all!!!!!.......Does anyone have a part # for a K+N air-filter for this injector inlet???............Bill S

mphatc
12-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Nice work Bill!

Lenny, thanks for posting the pictures, and letting us know what Bill has been up to. . . .

Bill, have you always had the Corsican decal ? and the script . .is that original?

Now Bill, as you have raised the bar a bit here. . . . .and while my 302 is out and apart, I may just have to get it to 400 hp at, oh lets say 5000 rpm . . .
after I buff and wax for the rest of the winter I may even feel like I can launch my boat in the same pond as yours.

Merry Christmas!

Mario

Jerry Eisele
12-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Bill, That is sweet!! I hope you can find time to bring it to Cumberland this spring. Great Job!!!!

penbroke
12-26-2005, 08:51 PM
WOW!! That sure is pretty!

Frank

p729lws
12-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Bill,
Very nice!!! Add that to my short list of favorite Donzi's!!! :beer:
Dan

MOP
12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Another sweet boat sneaks out of the Skunk Wurks! Any chance two Corsican's will make 06 1K run!

Phil

Morgan's Cloud
12-27-2005, 07:52 AM
!! Lucky B*****d !! :biggrin.:
What's it like having two of the rarest Donzis around ? ?
The nice thing is that they're both completely different .(And beautiful)

gcarter
12-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Bill;
Congratulations!!!
Beautiful boat!

boldts
12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Bill, Absolutely Beautiful! Are you sure that somewhere in your blood lines I'm not a long lost son? I must be in your will somewhere? I'm kidding of course! You've done a great job with both your Donzis. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to see such fine examples. Thank-you Lenny for posting the pictures and keeping the history alive.

Rob
12-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Outstanding! One of the coolest classic Donzi's I've ever seen. Does anyone know if the blue and gold Corsican with the 427 v-drive set up from Lake of the Ozarks is still around? I thought someone from the site bought it and moved it to Arizona?

MLerner
12-29-2005, 02:22 PM
That is just outrageously beautiful. I'm appropriating the picture as my display menu backdrop! Bravo.