PDA

View Full Version : Fun at mom's today

Cuda
12-25-2005, 09:47 PM
We're back. Here's a picture of me in a Tin Lizzie my dad basically made. He had an old rusted out body some guy gave him. He had to design and install the drivetrain, steering, and brakes. It looks pretty cool. He told me the other day, he stalled it out on the road in front of his house. He got out to pull start it (lawnmower engine). You have to start it wide open. Well, he forgot to take it out of gear! He said he only had ahold of the pull cord, and it was taking off. He said he saw that little bush across the street and was praying it ran into it, before it got to the next neighbor's place with cars in the driveway. He said it hit that bush, then went straight up. Then he could finally catch to hit the kill switch. A neighbor down the road told dad he didn't think dad could run that fast. Dad said he didn't know he could either.

Cuda
12-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Evil Boll Weevil!
Click here to watch 12-25-2005-012 (http://media.putfile.com/12-25-2005-012)

Lenny
12-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Joe, was hanging with my Dad today as well, (X-mas dinner and all) and we played with his toy a bit.

Cuda
12-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Lenny, your dad has bigger toys!

The first thing I thought of when I opened that picture was Miss Agnes, the car/truck in the Travis McGee novels. :)

Jraysray
12-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Evil Boll Weevil!
Click here to watch 12-25-2005-012 (http://media.putfile.com/12-25-2005-012)

Aren't u supposed to be wearing a funny little hat, cuttin' figure eights and throwin' candy? :biggrin:

Cuda
12-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Aren't u supposed to be wearing a funny little hat, cuttin' figure eights and throwin' candy? :biggrin:
That's what dad does. The funny hat is called a Fez. :)

Lenny
12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
MP, my dad restored an old '28 Pontiac a few years back. First year of the Pontiac. He then sold it and bought this 1930 Model A next. Rumbleseat and all that stuff. No syncro etc. Basically unrestored, in as is condition and then spent a fair amount on motor and driveline parts.Fun to drive but I can't imagine going over 40-45 the way they "stop" and corner :rolleyes: Smaller than an old Volkswagon inside, as I touch shoulders with the person beside me. Can't imagine what the "large people" had to go through to be comfortable in it.

Feels "neat" in the head when you are in it. Makes you think about 75 years ago...hmmm stuff

Jraysray
12-26-2005, 07:15 PM
That's what dad does. The funny hat is called a Fez. :)

Yeah, I know, my uncle was a Shriner. Just funnin' ya. :lookaroun

We used to love going to his house and riding around in that bad boy. He then got into the motor-cicle thing the ate it during one of the parades. My aunt "suggested" he do something less risky. He was a clown after that.