PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Boats

olredalert
12-24-2005, 01:38 PM
-------If a guy wanted to find the owner of a Missouri registered boat that he has the reg. #s. to would it be possible??? Does anyone on the board have a clue as to how one would go about this???..........Bill S

mrfixxall
12-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I may be able to help..send me the s# or the icence # or the vin #..I have friends in the repo biz that have skip tracers working on their staff and have acess to the vehicle computer that has that info in it...

Last Real Texan
12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I went through this about 4 months ago and I could not find any help on this....was trying to find the actuall owner of a boat and ran into the problem of finding the right public data base to search . I even had a georgia watercop try to run the #'s but he ran into a why do you need that info ? is the boat invovled in a call you are responding to? etc......something about the legality of using the system for LE purposes only.I wish the best of luck on this. So Why do you need to track down the owner through the #'s? bypassing a broker perhaps...thats what I was trying to do.

Bryan

mrfixxall
12-24-2005, 08:08 PM
orrrrrrr crawl into the boat and try to find the registration card?????

olredalert
12-24-2005, 08:29 PM
-----LRT,,,You are correct, sir! It appears to me as though the broker in this case is not being entirely forthcoming about what the owner will really take. I believe its possible that the owner is being misled as to the value of his boat. Its been for sale for over two years without a price drop and the broker is making it just about impossible to get to the owner and explain the reality as I see it. I expect to pay a fair brokers fee upon the completion of any sale. That isnt why I am trying to make this move. Im not entirely happy doing this as I have brokered many, many cars and know how I would feel if an end run was attempted against me. However, I really want to know if its the owner just being delusional or the broker doing a bad or worse job, and the boat is really worth persuing in my estimation. Please dont ask what boat is in question here and thanks for any help...........Bill S

Last Real Texan
12-24-2005, 09:09 PM
-----LRT,,,You are correct, sir! It appears to me as though the broker in this case is not being entirely forthcoming about what the owner will really take. I believe its possible that the owner is being misled as to the value of his boat. Its been for sale for over two years without a price drop and the broker is making it just about impossible to get to the owner and explain the reality as I see it. I expect to pay a fair brokers fee upon the completion of any sale. That isnt why I am trying to make this move. Im not entirely happy doing this as I have brokered many, many cars and know how I would feel if an end run was attempted against me. However, I really want to know if its the owner just being delusional or the broker doing a bad or worse job, and the boat is really worth persuing in my estimation. Please dont ask what boat is in question here and thanks for any help...........Bill S

I feel your pain .....went through exactly what you are going through, needless to say a I never got in touch with the owner until after the sale. It was the most painfull buying process I have ever been through. In the end it was worth it and I ended up buying the rig, took a long time but the owner finally budged. Just keep at it and make the offers and go on from there. For sale for two years and it is winter......just keep at it, and good luck.

I know what you are saying about the broker, you never know if they are really giving the offers to the owner or just trying to work the customer. I will never buy another boat through a broker, in the end it worked out but there are much less painful ways to buy.

Bryan