PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays w/vintage powerboat pics

LKSD
12-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Happy holidays everyone. While everyone is thinking of days gone by over the holidays here are some general vintage speedboat pics from the late 60's early 1970's.. Enjoy & Happy Holidays.. Jamie :)

LKSD
12-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Scary part is that I currently own two of the boats pictured...
Thanks for the blast from the past :) :)

Poodle, what ya got?? I myself used to own a tunnel like that in the pic. A 1971 17' Magnum hull #17. It had a 150 Merc ss Seebold on it. I was going to restore it & run it. I bought it 2 days before I got married & within 2 months she forced me to sell it! :0 She said if I re did it & ran it she would run.. LOL I dont know whats more dangerous, the women or the boats?? In her defense the beck had a hole in if from when it flipped during a race & the former owner had a heart attack & went through the deck when it blew back. It sat since the early 1980's because he never had the nerve to run her again. It would have been a neat resto though..
Happy holidays.. Jamie

LKSD
12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
A Missile, and a GW Invader... They are on the end of my project list tho....

The red invader was my dad's. I would like to latch on to one someday in the future as a novelty..

BUIZILLA
12-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Jamie, what HP was the Merc on the Invader? elec or yank it cord?

J

LKSD
12-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Jamie, what HP was the Merc on the Invader? elec or yank it cord?
J

I think it was electric start & I think it was a 35hp. I will find out tonight. I will ask my dad what it was for sure. As I will be at my parents place for Xmas eve dinner.. Jamie :)

LKSD
12-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I asked what it was last night. It was a 40hp Merc electric start. He tried a 50 once but it was too much engine for the boat.
Jamie :)