PDA

View Full Version : "Intelligent Design" struck down.... ruled it is NOT science in federal court.

ChromeGorilla
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Glad they got this one right.... kudo's to the judge.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/july-dec05/design_12-20.html

And on a lighter note I found this satirical page on "Intelligent design".....
It is funny as hell... you'll LYAO I don't care who you are......
http://www.venganza.org/ :yes: :yes: :yes:

ChromeGorilla
12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
LOMAO.... the more I read that venganza site the more I am absolutely diein!... It is too funny....... make sure to check out the pictures and such.....pastafarians....LMAO

Chili 18
12-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Glad they got this one right.... kudo's to the judge.
:
Absolutely!

gcarter
12-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Evolution is a theory, not science!!!
It's never been proven, and never will.
It falls into the same catagory as "flat earth".
It's only an alternative to believing in God.
In fact, it takes a lot more faith to believe in evolution than God.
Mathmatically, and every other way, evolution doesn't work, in fact is impossible.

Rootsy
12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
George, why is it that i always seem to agree with you.... ;)

pmreed
12-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm a Darwin man, George.

Phil

rustnrot
12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Evolution is a theory, not science!!!
In layman’s terms, if something is said to be “just a theory,” it usually means that it is a mere guess, or is unproved. It might even lack credibility. But in scientific terms, a theory implies that something has been proven and is generally accepted as being true. Therefore, saying evolution IS a theory means it MUST be Science!
It's never been proven, and never will.
This (ahem) happens all the time....let's see...the Earth is still the center of the universe, the Earth is flat, there are only four elements, earth, fire, water, (I always forget the fourth), man will never fly, etc.
It falls into the same catagory as "flat earth".
Agreed, same logic applies as a flat earth was also disproved.
It's only an alternative to believing in God.
So is belief in the Spagetti Monster.
In fact, it takes a lot more faith to believe in evolution than God.
For a Creationist, yes I imagine it does.
Mathmatically, and every other way, evolution doesn't work, in fact is impossible.
Seriously, I am interested in seeing the mathematical "proof", and the "every other ways" it is impossible. Please post some links to the research.

Chili 18
12-21-2005, 08:45 PM
At the risk of receiving a zillion poison flaming arrows from the worthy. {Ha}. It seems from a casual observation that religion, no matter what flavor. Is the root and excuse for more pain suffering and inhumanity towards fellow man than any other excuse ever invented aside from the desire to acquire more real estate…

The only truly honest proposition we can teach is that we aren’t really sure how we got to be here on this spinning disk in the midst of an unfathomable infinity Clinging to a belief, and accepting it as fact…. Is really an inability to accept that we really don’t know.

However…… To the best of our ability to objectively understand the issue. With the tools we have available. Evolution is the model which best fits and cooaberates what we can prove and define. Let’s stick to that. The best of our ability to know. Let’s leave the unknown and unknowable to parents and the individual home.

I thank my parents each day for allowing me to see the world for myself and reach my own conclusions.

gcarter
12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I once sat in on a seminar conducted by a micropalientologist who was head of his department at one of the large oil companies in Houston (my home town).
He stated it pretty simply;
Assume a simple single cell creature, 100 protiens and 100 amino acids in the DNA chain, BTW such a simple creature has never existed, the simpleist are more complex than this.
Now assume the ideal conditions for life beginning, a warm nutrient soup.
Also assume you have several billion years for all the POSSIBLE combinations of acids and protiens to manifest. Again assume 1,000,000 possible combinations per second, there would not have been enough time today for all possible combinations to have existed, and then you have to figure out where the "SPARK" came from to start the process of life itself.
Now, you have to assume this has happened, not once, but literally millions of times to account for all the different creatures that have existed.
Next, observe around you that the natural tendency of the earth is to decay, not get more complex.
You see what I mean?
It takes more faith to believe this than to believe in a supernatural God to create it in the first place.

Chili 18
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Next, observe around you that the natural tendency of the earth is to decay, not get more complex.
You see what I mean?

I look at a snowflake. No two alike. [they say] AND I dont see decay. I see an order. Mathematically covered pretty well by leonardo de fibanacci. The same relationships exsist in the pattern of a spiral shell, as in the spiral of stars in a galexy. This to me doesent lead to ... Some super dude did it... It just makes me say in awe, what a wonderful world and time to be here. Anything more is supposition. Not correct, or incorrect. I am in awe of what science may discover in our lifetimes. Ever heard of the string theory. Look it up on NOVA pbs. They have a whole video series you can watch. We do live in interesting times.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

onesubdrvr
12-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Well,
Me,.... I'm kind of middle of the road,....
Do I believe in evolution, yes, survival of the fittest, adaptation, all of it, BUT evolution assumes a starting point, where did that starting point come from? Like George said, where did the "spark" come from?
How did the earth get here? Something had to start it all! Hence, the higher power / supreme being / etc.
Just my thoughts
Wayne
Oh yeah, BIG believer in the whole Karma thing too! Just wonder at times what I ever did to who that was so wrong?! :boggled: :redface: :wink:

Chili 18
12-21-2005, 09:36 PM
This is about Donzis, right... All I know is that when the throttle hand is flat forward. Nothing, else matters but the joy of that moment. I wish everyone on earth could experience that moment. Kind of like a big ski lodge with a roaring fire by the bar. Everyone with a story to tell. But all too tired and satiated to do anything but enjoy the warmth and just be glad to be alive.

Speaking of which... Its time for me to grab a scotch and retire to the fireplace.

Cheers..

joseph m. hahnl
12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
lOA: WOW. It is incredible that people can't just see the world for what it is.
Inteligent design is the creation of something from nothing. In this theory which is basicaly a religous belief god created all creatures and Adam and Eve. That is great and I will not dispute that. But where evolution takes over is that human beings have mutetated over only a few hundred life times. A result of enviorment conditions. This is fact and not theory ,that is where all the so called races have come from.

It is scientifically proven thru DNA testing that every human being is related to African origins. People have trouble believing that we where once fish or a one celled organism. But it only takes one generation of mutation to change an entire species. "one Life time".

It is proven that all Life is made up of a DNA sequence."a formula"
By changing the formula you get a different spiecies.
Scientist can actually mutate and make a virus of any type by adding the right sequence of ingredients to a living cell.

Evolution does not try to disprove Inteligent design it only proves that all life mutates by enviromental conditions and climate. That all species change. Men of today are geneticaly different then men from only a few life times ago.
It is becoming evident that Homo Erectus lived among Homo sapiens.They disapeared because there offspring mutated into Homo sapiens and for ever changed the species of man. Now that history is so well documented it is the coming generations that will prove Evolution beyond a shadow of doubt when they them selves become something other than Homo Sapiens.

Evolution is not proven to those that don't look around and open there eyes to the physical world. Or those that don't bother reading or watching the research that clearly proves it. Or even seeing a bird that changes colors when it is relocated to a different climate and all of it's off spring are for ever changed to that color.
No body needs to prove it to me I can see it all around me.
That is the difference when you live in reality and not fantasy.

joe