PDA

View Full Version : Trailer jack help

Schnook
12-20-2005, 10:52 AM
While moving my boat, I was cranking up on the trailer jack, it got hard to do. I needed just a leeeeetle bit more and snap! the roll pin holding the top gear sheared. How do I go about disassembling this bad boy? The jack is welded to the frame, so I can't take it off. Also, what does LOTO stand for? I've seen that in several places.

mrfixxall
12-20-2005, 11:04 AM
While moving my boat, I was cranking up on the trailer jack, it got hard to do. I needed just a leeeeetle bit more and snap! the roll pin holding the top gear sheared. How do I go about disassembling this bad boy? The jack is welded to the frame, so I can't take it off. Also, what does LOTO stand for? I've seen that in several places.
isn't their a snap ring holding it on? or a nut? its just as cheep to replace it..let me know ill give you the cool guy price on one:cool:
loto ,i believe it stands for lift on toungue only..

TBroccoli
12-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Lock Out Tag Out. Lock out what you are working on so no one else accidentally turns it on. Tag it so others see not to turn it on.

TBroccoli
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't see needing to lock out anything on the trailer. I would go with the lift on toungue only.

Schnook
12-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I guess I should specify, it's a separate question from the trailer thing. I think it refers to some body of water, I saw on another site someone said he was at LOTO. I hate asking, but it took me a week to figure out what WOT was! BTW I always thought lockout/tagout took the thrill out of work!

p729lws
12-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Lake Of The Ozarks

boldts
12-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Here is the Lake of the Ozarks official website. I believe there is a Donzi dealer on the lake. Big boats and speed on the lake as they hold one of the top run-offs in the country. Early and end of summer probably better for Classic owner visits as monster boats also cause monster wakes. Haven't been to this lake yet although it's come up as a location for AOTH. I may need to take a drive next summer and experience this great Midwest boat mecca.

My thoughts are more along the lines of leaving AOTH at Lake Cumberland in May and making LOTO or even other Midwest lakes an end of the season Donzi bash. We've been so spoiled over the years having accomidations right on the lake at AOTH that I would want that at any other gathering location. My second goal is to keep it comfortable no matter what size Donzi an owner has. Someone who owns a 16' Classic and got beat to death all weekend, sure isn't going to have good things to say about a gathering afterwards. You see the delema from a club president's standpoint.

http://odd.net/

dfunde01
12-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Both the LOTO and Midwest donzi web sites locked up my browser.

smokediver
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I could tell you a great story about LOTO ... the end result is I don't think it would be a good idea for me to ever go back there again .... Memorial weekend there is the best :biggrin.: