PDA

View Full Version : Width of Alpha gimble ring vs Bravo gimble ring

p729lws
12-19-2005, 04:51 PM
The gimble rings for alpha and bravo drives have the same width, right?

I'm measuring my transom to make sure I don't have clearance issues with the hydrualic streering system I want to use. I have an alpha drive on my 22 now but the 2005 Bravo drive I'm switching to is in storage so I cann't take measurements off it.

Thanks,
Dan

MOP
12-19-2005, 05:28 PM
The gimble rings for alpha and bravo drives have the same width, right?
I'm measuring my transom to make sure I don't have clearance issues with the hydrualic streering system I want to use. I have an alpha drive on my 22 now but the 2005 Bravo drive I'm switching to is in storage so I cann't take measurements off it.
Thanks,
Dan

Though different they have the same foot print on the transom.

Trueser
12-19-2005, 05:40 PM
The Bravo has two more holes.

MOP
12-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Mike what he needs is the outside measurements to fit up his steering, they are the same. When I pulled the Alpha and put the Brovo in its place the outer shield fit exactly on the Alpha's mark.

Phil

p729lws
12-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Mike what he needs is the outside measurements to fit up his steering, they are the same. When I pulled the Alpha and put the Brovo in its place the outer shield fit exactly on the Alpha's mark.
Phil

Thanks Phil, the outside measurment was the only concern.

Now if I can get home before dark some time this week to take some measurments I can get it ordered.

Thanks,
Dan

smokediver
12-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I believe that the inner ring is th same as an alpha as well .... the splines on the drives are also the same size .... i have an alpha drive with a bravo coupler .

p729lws
12-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I believe that the inner ring is th same as an alpha as well .... the splines on the drives are also the same size .... i have an alpha drive with a bravo coupler .

So the alpha and bravo couplers are the same? Thanks for the heads up.

Dan

smokediver
12-21-2005, 06:06 PM
the couplers are different. The bravo is about twice the diameter as the alpha . the spline size is the same .