PDA

View Full Version : Cool pic of a piece of history

Cuda
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I was at Speedmasters today picking up the drive for my Donzi. Galen, the owner, has been working on performance boats since Mody Dick was a minnow. He had told me before that he used to work on the boat Scott Porter used to race, that was just like mine. Today, he had a picture taken of it when it set the Kilo Record back in 1986. Mr Porter wasn't driving it then. On the back it has the date and the speed. The speed was 78.5 mph. Mine has been gps'd at 78.6. :)

MOP
12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Joe does that one have the Magic Egg beaters also?

Phil

Cuda
12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Yes, it's a 1986 302 SR1 with Kaama drives and 454/420's, same as I have.

onesubdrvr
12-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I was at Speedmasters today picking up the drive for my Donzi. Galen, the owner, has been working on performance boats since Mody Dick was a minnow. He had told me before that he used to work on the boat Scott Porter used to race, that was just like mine. Today, he had a picture taken of it when it set the Kilo Record back in 1986. Mr Porter wasn't driving it then. On the back it has the date and the speed. The speed was 78.5 mph. Mine has been gps'd at 78.6. :)
Joe,...

That's pretty dang cool!!

but, quick question, yours has been GPS'd at 78.6,.....................since you've owned it? :wink:

Just kidding,...how did your power valve problem work out, is it fixed?

Also, need your postal addy please :D , Santa's coming to town!

Wayne

Cuda
12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
I haven't run it that hard. He told me that it was with the timing more advanced that what it is set at now, and I'm sure a light load. I've run a tad over 74 briefly with it.

I still haven't fixed the dying on acceleration issue. If I ever get a day off, I'm going to swap the carbs and see if that fixes it. I'm almost positive that it's a fuel problem.

Cuda
12-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Scott, he has a bunch of pictures. He said he'd go through them and see what interesting one's he can come up with for me. He did show me a picture of his personal Formula 233. The name of it was "Pillowtits". :)

onesubdrvr
12-19-2005, 09:52 PM
I haven't run it that hard. He told me that it was with the timing more advanced that what it is set at now, and I'm sure a light load. I've run a tad over 74 briefly with it.
I still haven't fixed the dying on acceleration issue. If I ever get a day off, I'm going to swap the carbs and see if that fixes it. I'm almost positive that it's a fuel problem.
That's cool,....

Yeah, sounds like you've been swamped lately,....are there gonna be any jobs left for 'ya next year? :biggrin:

Keep postin these cool pics!!

Wayne