PDA

View Full Version : Awakening of the Horses VI or AOTH 2006

boldts
12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I spoke to the Jamestown Resort. Our gathering dates are set for May 18 thru the 21st. Weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Weekend after Mother's Day.

Reservations - The Jamestown Resort is home base. All activities and events will begin at the Jamestown Resort Marina. If staying at the resort, docks for your boat are available for just $10 more per day. However, if you wish to keep your boat out of the water, a launch ramp is also available on the premises. When making your reservations, tell the person your talking to that you with the Midwest Donzi gathering as rooms and cabins our blocked for us at a discounted rate.

Jamestown Resort - http://www.flagshipmarinas.com/marinas/jamestown/default.htm#
3677 South Highway 92
Jamestown, Kentucky - Russell County
Reservations: 1-800-830-5131 Contact: Frieda Meincken

Optional Reservations - The Jamestown Lake Cumberland State Park - http://parks.ky.gov/resortparks/lc/index.htm
5465 State Park Road
Jamestown, KY 42629
Reservations: 1-800-325-1709 Contact: Danny Foley

While the state park is also nice, it is not quite as convenient as the resort. They offer camping and an indoor pool if your family is coming with you. However, you will have to launch and retrieve the boat daily as there is not a state park owned marina. There is a private marina, but you will be subject to their hours of operation. The state lodge sits on top of the hill and can be a very strenuous walk from the marina. The state park is less money if your watching the dollars.

I've not asked for or set-up any special rates at the state park simply because in the past we've not had the interest as most have stayed at the resort, but if you wish to stay at the park, contact me and I'll work out a discount to our group.

By the way, Yes, it's a Donzi gathering, but we welcome all who want to attend. Especially the Aronow company boats. We've had not only Donzi, but Cigarette and Magnum owners join us in the past.

A couple items to remember. It's a dry county. So, bring your favorite drinks with you. Keep them low key and covered. No problems will be had.

Bring an item you would like to donate to our auction. Saturday night after our BBQ, we hold an auction to help raise money for the next year's gathering of which half is then donated right here to the Registry. Believe me, you can bring anything!

Be prepared to eat Saturday Night. The BBQ has become one of the best parts of our gathering. Nobody does it like our Texas friends. Mark, Todd and rumored to be attending this year, Jeffy really know BBQ.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and of course, meeting many new friends. By the 21st, I might remember your name, but one thing for sure, I'll remember the boat. Come, relax and enjoy the Donzi family.

Lenny
12-17-2005, 03:14 PM
A couple items to remember. It's a dry county.

Is it ever, and IF you do run out, be prepared for a 2 hour round trip by vehicle to try and find some :eek: :eek: :eek:

And, if you think you have brought enough for the weekend, you will probably be fine so long as you don't have Buizilla in a boat with you :D

Team Jefe
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Donzi Angel is checking her schedule, but barring any unmovable conflicts....We're there:beer:

ITTLFLI
12-19-2005, 03:36 PM
We are there!!:sombrero:

Let the Scholle Skunkworks projects begin!!:rlol:

:beer:

Sam
12-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Doug Lovins and I will be there.........right roomy :beer: .

Jerry Eisele
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm in and so is Donzichic. Cecil said to count him in as well!!!

ITTLFLI
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm in and so is Donzichic. Cecil said to count him in as well!!!
Cecil is addicted after his ride with Sam!!:toiletpap

Sam
12-19-2005, 09:14 PM
What are you talking about, looks pretty tame to me :biggrin: .

Patti
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
If we have a boat (or if the 18 is finished) we'll be there..Jamie , myself and my son Rob :)
Though i've met Doug L before :biggrin.:
Hey Sam..looking forward to having dinner with you and Doug finally! :)
Patti

boldts
12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Patti, looking forward to meeting you, but what do you mean if you have a boat or the 18 is finished? No one has ever been left at the dock. There is always a spare seat. I hear a nice 18 Classic with an Alpha SS will be in attendance. That boat will help keep Jamie's driving skills in order if he can talk the owner into letting him drive. :wink:

Sam
12-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Jamie, I have spare Gen 2 you can bolt on in case you sell the SS and the 18 isn't ready..................no excuses, be there :biggrin: .

Bigbroadjumper
12-20-2005, 01:27 PM
It looks like we will be attending this year as well.

FISHIN SUCKS
12-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Barbi and I are planning on it as well. Third year in a row, YEE HAW!:D :D

Team Jefe
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Reservation is set....see y'all in about 5 months:wavey:

Jerry Eisele
12-22-2005, 04:09 AM
Bigbroadjumper, Looks like you will have a couple Cigs to run with this year!!! I need a ride in your Mag. That is a really sweet ride.

harbormaster
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I will be taggin along with Team Jefe!

Patti
12-30-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't know about 24/7..
BUT I don't mind as long as you take some time out for me once in awhile :)
Trust me, you'll know if you're out there TOO long :wink: :biggrin.:

DAULEY
12-30-2005, 10:00 AM
can i bring the squadron or do i have to bring a donzi

Sam
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I say run what you brung :eek!: . Looks like we are in for a good turn out, I better start waxing now :cool: .

Jerry Eisele
12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Dauley, Bring The Squadron, we have a couple Cigarettes and a Magnum, Don would be proud!!!
Jamie, I'll run your lead, or just hop in with us.
Scott, It will be great to see the Harbormaster at the AOTH, along with, Poodle and Roadtrip. This is a STAR studded event... It sounds like a good time....
Sam, You best keep shinen, your boat always looks great!!!

BUIZILLA
12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
so far, all systems are go for me to attend, i'm bringing the 18LE-SS this time

JH

i'm gonna need another 150hp to keep up.... hmmmm, what to do next :rolleyes:

Lenny
12-31-2005, 03:14 AM
"A Dry County" ... Is it ever, and IF you do run out, be prepared for a 2 hour round trip by vehicle to try and find some :eek: :eek: :eek:
And, if you think you have brought enough for the weekend, you will probably be fine so long as you don't have Buizilla in a boat with you :D

Thank GOD, he is bringing his own :D

:tongue:

boldts
12-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Ahhhh Lenny, Buizilla brought the Crit last time. So you still need more than you think you'll need. LOL Your going to get the X-18 down to KY right? Wow, star studded for sure. I think the t-shirt is going to need an example of all Mr. Aronow's company boats. I may need some help from you nostalga picture guys for this design.

Things are really shaping up early this year. I've got some wonderful help pulling ideas and thoughts together.

I'm just hoping this mild winter so far doesn't make for a late Spring.

BUIZILLA
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
i'm gonna need another 150hp to keep up.... hmmmm, what to do next :rolleyes:eh Len, I said 150 extra HP not 150 extra BEERS
:pimp:

DAULEY
12-31-2005, 10:37 AM
bring the extra beer alsc,:beer: labots would be good not sure if i spelled it right

DAULEY
12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
scott
heres a pix for ya

RedDog
01-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure I (we) will make it this year. My son is graduating HS with ceremonies going on Thursday or Friday and probably out-of-town guest for the weekend. I'll hold on to the hope I can bop up to Jamestown for a Saturday night BBQ / party and just camp out in my Yukon.

PS - I know I've bragged before - but I think it is official now that he will be named his Class Salutatorian - maybe Valedictorian is still possible - he has hasn't made less than a A grade since elementary school and has varsity letters in 4 sports along with a commitment to volunteer community service...

Patti
01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Come to think of it..

I dont think i'll be making it..after reading of HS graduations, I realized my sons HS graduation is the 22nd of May..and he has a full schedule of activities and rehearsals leading up to that..so it's highly unlikely I nor my son would make Kentucky..but Jamie is welcome to go if he chooses to :)

Hope you guys have a good time!! :)

roadtrip se
01-03-2006, 10:24 AM
to Cumberland this upcoming weekend by the Farmer Tex Express,
so we will be ready for the AOTH Saturday night bbq!

Lenny
01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
NIIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEE :) :yes:

Patti
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Well Jamie & I won't be making it to Kentucky this year due to Rob's HS graduation and my mom is most likely coming in from NY for it..just too much going on that weekend.
We will be making 1000 Islands though :)

DonCig
01-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Todd, No Smoker?
The man that runs an HP 500 and an XR drive comes up short in the grill department. A new custom house at Lake Cumberland and no Smoker?
Do I need to send financial aid? I appreciate the offer to stay at your place , but no Smoker?

Happy New Years,

DonCig

By the way, here is what the unit looks like with a Smoker and here is your new GRILL.

Sam
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
That is one serious looking machine, yum yum..................I'm going to lunch now :moped: .

roadtrip se
01-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Texasgrillandsmoker.com where this baby came from calls it a:
"20"x 42" Single Lid Grill W/Firebox"

From now on, we will call it "Hickory GRILLED brisket" and really confuse people!

Thanks for posting the picture by the way. As you can tell by the forklift, moving this thing at 470 pounds isn't a simple task!

tamburello
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
We'll be there! This winter thing is getting old, I'm ready to run Cumberland and feast on the infamous Texas BBQ. We'll probably head down a day early again this year. Hurry up spring ! :biggrin:

- Jeff

gero1
01-04-2006, 12:23 PM
its a long drive to get there from my house.... i will need a map, gps, several cases of beer, some peach preserves, a drive and gimbal stretcher, a pair of those ram things( i wonder if the shocks off a 76 blazer will work?) i think i have alot of work to do

Team Jefe
01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Todd, No Smoker?
The man that runs an HP 500 and an XR drive comes up short in the grill department. A new custom house at Lake Cumberland and no Smoker?
Do I need to send financial aid? I appreciate the offer to stay at your place , but no Smoker?
Happy New Years,
DonCig
By the way, here is what the unit looks like with a Smoker and here is your new GRILL.

I guess its BBQ education time. What Todd has is a smoker....it just doesn't have the extra Smoke box on it......a "nice to have" no doubt, but definitely not needed. Mostly it just gives you the ability to smoke brisket and cook sausage and other stuff at the same time easier.

With the fire box being seperate I could easily smoke a brisket or 10 on that unit...and I know Mark and Todd can git'r done as well.

Hell, I never even saw an extended box like that until I was in my twenties....all PIT's I had and had made (and there are several of them) were just like the one Todd has.

FYI - GRILL is somehting with fire underneath the cook surface...like when you're making hamburgers for the kids....and Todd's unit can do that too....VERY VERSITLE.

Guess, we'll just have to show these Mountain boys how its done in Texas.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
its a long drive to get there from my house.... i will need a map, gps, several cases of beer, some peach preserves, a drive and gimbal stretcher, a pair of those ram things( i wonder if the shocks off a 76 blazer will work?) i think i have alot of work to do

Hey Robert, I got an extree powr top motor for a '65 Buick I can loan yee. It'll fix you right up!

gero1
01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
will that thare thingy help me if the steering breaks or is just something to hold on too as i fly out of the boat??? i am still waiting for a dvd!!!!! i have $5.00

DonziChick
01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I will definitely be there.

I am in the process of trying to talk Tony into it. He might (but I doubt it) bring his 28 Cig

Sam
01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Tony Shmony :eek: we want you ;), be there.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-09-2006, 10:04 PM
will that thare thingy help me if the steering breaks or is just something to hold on too as i fly out of the boat??? i am still waiting for a dvd!!!!! i have $5.00

Save your 5 bucks, I'll cover ya. I owe 'smoothie' one as well!

tmdog
01-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Are vendors going to be there or invited? Such as Precision Prop or others?

boldts
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
TM

Yes, Precision Propellers is planning to be in attendance. In past years, they have brought with them various pitch props for attendees to try on their boat. It's a great opportunity to try a Turbo prop on your Donzi or even play with different pitch sizes to maximize the performance of your boat.

As been stated, the Harbormaster will be attending. He has recently started working for Victory Marine in Houston TX. I have invited him to help as a sponsor of the gathering and asked him to bring literature on the products available from his company.

We are also working to have Donzi represented at the gathering. We really miss Mike Miller from when he worked at Donzi and attended many of the Donzi gatherings occurring around the nation. I'm hoping we can obtain that type of support from Donzi again.

Last year we had representitives of the Donzi dealer in Cincinnati in attendance. I'm hoping that will happen again and they will be able to bring a Donzi or two with them.

Byron Scholle is the local Swipes dealer and I'm sure will have product available for those wanting a great product to keep your boat looking it's best.

Alot of this is still in the planning stages, so stay tuned for future developements including a plan of events for the gathering. I've heard some wonderful ideas from the members here who help me do this every year. I'm planning to meet with them and set things in stone so I can begin to make it happen and give them any help they may need. I welcome any ideas that anyone might have to offer. After all, the goal is to make the gathering better each year and most of all, a great time for those attending.

show-n-go h2o
01-17-2006, 10:59 AM
myself on my 28zx (unless it sells) my dad and his 34 powerquest, and bob from preferred donzi will be there and i think he has a couple of boats to bring.
we just bought a house overlooking jamestown so we will be staying there.
my dad still says that was the most fun we had all year on the lake so i've been hearing about the AOTH since the last one, he will be happy to know the dates have been set.

this event cant get here soon enough..

and i hope there is a homeless olympics version 2 mabey....... i watch that about once a month for a great laugh everytime...

FISHIN SUCKS
01-20-2006, 04:10 PM
myself on my 28zx (unless it sells) my dad and his 34 powerquest, and bob from preferred donzi will be there and i think he has a couple of boats to bring.
we just bought a house overlooking jamestown so we will be staying there.
my dad still says that was the most fun we had all year on the lake so i've been hearing about the AOTH since the last one, he will be happy to know the dates have been set.
this event cant get here soon enough..
and i hope there is a homeless olympics version 2 mabey....... i watch that about once a month for a great laugh everytime...

Hey Derek,
Sorry to say we have not done #2 yet, we need to sell more #1's! Nothin' says 'home for the holidays' like a little Homeless Olympx, happy to hear you like it!

I'm with ya brother, May can't get here soon enough! We'll see you down there.

tmdog
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Reservations made for 2 or 3 of us, myself and 2 sons. Coming up from Ga. What is the air and water temp for that time of year?

DonziChick
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Reservations made for 2 or 3 of us, myself and 2 sons. Coming up from Ga. What is the air and water temp for that time of year?

It honestly varies from year to year. The air is usually at least in the 60's I'd say. Last year it was probably in the 90's and everyone was in the water. Other years it's been cooler. I wish I could give you a better answer, but I'd bring a bathing soon and a jacket! :)

gero1
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
looking forward to seeing all of you!!

Tony
02-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Anybody need a room?
I've made reservations but it looks like I may not be able to attend.
Drop me an e-mail and we can arrange to make a switch...

smoothie
02-21-2006, 09:39 AM
All the fishing cabins are gone...I just got the last one:cool!:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
All the fishing cabins are gone...I just got the last one:cool!:
Bad Smoothie...No movie for you! I haven't forgotten, I have just forgotten. I'll get ya covered before AOTH.

See everyone there!

smoothie
02-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Bad Smoothie...No movie for you! I haven't forgotten, I have just forgotten. I'll get ya covered before AOTH.
See everyone there!
Great! I need something to watch that goes good with a 30 pack:biggrin: Thanks!

Buckeye
02-24-2006, 06:57 AM
We're in Scott! We haven't been in 2-years and are counting the days...can't wait! We'll be bringing the new 22 Classic as well as some frineds that have a 26' Playcraft pontoon with a SBC Q&Q exhaust...sounds like a Donzi, runs (similiar) to a Donzi...looks like a whale! It should be fun!

roadtrip se
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
we'll have ourselves a genuine Redneck Yacht Club at 76 Falls!

Jill and I have been talking about a toon as a backup platform to the Donzi at Cumberland. Somthing to haul coolers, grills, floaties, parents and friends, to the closet cove in style. I want a ride on the "whale"!

Glad your going to make it Buckeye!

BUIZILLA
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Todd, Cumberland Marine has a 235 SD Donzi deckboat for sale right now.....

JH

instigator???? who me????? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jerry Eisele
02-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Donzichic and I have the room and dock reserved!!! Cecil will be coming up from Chattanooga for the week end. If Cicel and Fish N Sucks hocked up for the auction, it could last till Fall!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!! Fish N Sucks is the man on the Auction, but I think Cecil could give Vana a run.:smash:

hallboy
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey guys...I've never been to an event so I'm definately gonna try to make this one. Are there any others coming up in or remotely around TN?

hallboy
02-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks in advance:checkered

roadtrip se
02-26-2006, 11:16 AM
If you stand on a bridge over I-75 or 40 in Knoxville the Wednesday or Thursday before AOTH 6, chances are pretty good you will spot multiple Donzis on the trailer coming from across the country.

Heck, you might even spot a lost Canadian or two! Probably just trying to find a place to buy beer supplies.

This is a truly international event and one of the biggest of the year.
Get ready to meet a lot of great people and have a blast running your boat!

Todd

boldts
02-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Hallboy,

Looking forward to meeting you. From the Knoxville area, look up a member here named RedDog. Tim Flyod has attended past gatherings and I believe is planning to come up this year again. He can give you a little background on what to expect or contact me thru e-mail and I'll give you a preliminary list of events. We're still working on a few items, but it's coming together. Tim owns a truly unique Dark Green and white 22' Classic. Great guy and family and may be interested in traveling up to Cumberland with you or if nothing else, meeting you at some point over the summer to run your boats together. Hope your able to make it and have a safe trip.

vrod02
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm coming. Hopefully the 19 Allmand. The Monza is a definate.:biggrin:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Donzichic and I have the room and dock reserved!!! Cecil will be coming up from Chattanooga for the week end. If Cicel and Fish N Sucks hocked up for the auction, it could last till Fall!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!! Fish N Sucks is the man on the Auction, but I think Cecil could give Vana a run.:smash:
Does this Cecil have a Mr. Microphone by Ronco or somethin'? 'Cause If you are considering subjecting this years attendees to my nonesense again, I am lookin' at my 9 year old daughters Barbi Karoake machine pretty hard!:eek: :smash:

RedDog
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey guys...I've never been to an event so I'm definately gonna try to make this one. Are there any others coming up in or remotely around TN?

Hallboy - I'm from Knoxville and I've been 5 years in a row. This year it takes place in the middle of my son's HS graduation. I'm debating which to attend - not

All I can say is don't miss it - If rooms are all gone, try the State Lodge or a hotel in town, or I bet a cabin (other than at the marina) could be found.

TN attendees could include RickR out of Gatlinburg, Gero from Gainesboro/Celina or somewhere over in the sticks:biggrin.:, and who knows

Where is Oakdale and where to you usually boat?

vrod02
02-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Fresh meat!! :) :)
Seriously tho, come on down (up?) its a blast!!!
I'll look for you on the water! For Intro's:wavey:

show-n-go h2o
03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
if all the rooms at the dock are taken there is a nice cheap little hotel right in jamestown, i've stayed there for the last 3 poker runs.
Pinehurst Lodge
U.S. 127 s jamestown ky 42629
toll free 1877-855-4143 or 270-343-4143
they have always taken good care of us. plus it's cheap and close.

Jerry Eisele
03-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Fishin Sucks' It sounds like you are ready for Show time.:bonk:

roadtrip se
03-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Fishing Sucks confirmed for an encore performance as the all time entertaining and biggest money raising auctioner...

Jefe showing up to take my place as chief whipping boy at the smoker with the Pitmaster from Plainview...

The Harbor Master, Mad Poodle, and Scot Boldt witnessing what a quiet little internet chat board can create in terms of a good time for old and new members alike...

A rumor that the Doctor may check in with some seriously awesome Donzi sportswear goodies...

Heck, all I got to do is show up with enough gas and tequila to keep the two stroke blender spinning..

Look for us up on the hill on cabin row. We'll be the ones with the cabin that looks like it's on fire, tow rigs parked in the front yard, a Donzi flag on the rail, and the trailer park trash ambiance going on. Plenty of food and cold drinks for everyone!

C'mon spring!

FISHIN SUCKS
03-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Don't think for a second that I'm goin' it alone, Todd, I need ya! You too, Jerry! That may have been the winning combination to raise some good fundage for the Registry.

ITTLFLI
03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
I just got done chatting with the Turbo prop guys! They are excited about the showing we're going to have this year! Be ready to try and buy!!!:beer:

"now where did I put that piston......." :outtahere

Buckeye
03-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Byron,

If the Turbo guys have a prop that will make my classic push 80, off the trailer, I'll buy a case.

Give me a call this weekend if you get the chance or stop by with your painting clothes.

Jeff

Jerry Eisele
03-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm no Vanna, but I'm with Ya Fishin!! :propeller

Dr. Dan
03-03-2006, 08:02 PM
:bonk: :rlol: :cool!: ;) :biggrin.: :wavey:

Debating to Fly or Haul? Good God Magnum.... decisions, decisions.....

Doc of the Most Expensive Single Auction Item Ever Purchased @ AOTH,
and to date the most expensive Donzi Event on Record,
for the Lizard & I.:banghead:

undertaker
03-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Doc maybe we can haul together:biggrin: :biggrin: Would be my first time at this event.

Undertaker:bighug:

Dr. Dan
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Doc maybe we can haul together:biggrin: :biggrin: Would be my first time at this event.
Undertaker:bighug:

:D It's a great event, but it is a Nasty Drive from our coast, 16 hours one way if ya know where you're going. I am thinking there might be alternate routes that would make it less painful, maybe longer by mileage...but not quite so silly hilly.:bonk:

:banghead: If I go, it would be alone or with a pal, Liz is banned from the Jamestown Resort and also the Auction House! Permanently! Something about Silly String, Large Breasts in Cashmere Sweaters...oh yeah and a game of Quarters? :spit:

:wavey: Doc

boldts
03-04-2006, 08:16 AM
:If I go, it would be alone or with a pal, Liz is banned from the Jamestown Resort and also the Auction House! Permanently! Something about Silly String, Large Breasts in Cashmere Sweaters...oh yeah and a game of Quarters? :spit:
:wavey: Doc
Doc, I understand the long haul part, but to leave Liz at home would be a total disregard to the bylaws of a Donzi gathering. BTW, for those of you who may have missed this somewhere down the line, we are celebrating all the boats of the Aronow companies this year. That means you Cig, Magnum, Formula, Squadron and I believe there was 1 called USA(?) owners, get em waxed up and bring them to Lake Cumberland. Back to leaving Liz at home and breaking the bylaws. Silly string may need to be left at home, but the rest of that excuse is unacceptable. :) Hope to see you both and the Undertaker this year, but if not, I know you'll be there in spirit. :biggrin: Ya know...... I've got a special female friend in the Allentown area who I might be able to convince to drive down to Pottstown if you'd be willing to bring her to KY with ya Undertaker. 2 ladies riding with one guy has to be a good thing? Maybe not....... Anyway, you guys enjoy your summers if you are not able to join us.

undertaker
03-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Doc I would prefer you stay home and Liz tows the boat to AOTH (she looks better behind the wheel than you:biggrin.: :biggrin.: ) I have seen her drive the boat I am sure she can tow it also:yes: :wink: :biggrin.:

Wow 16 hrs:bawling: Will have to run it by the better half and see what she says maybe I will be solo also.

Undertaker:propeller

Dr. Dan
03-04-2006, 10:40 AM
:bighug: Ed, we can talk personally about it...this isn't a great venue for little ones either in my opinion! I would say if I am able to do it schedule wise I would likely come solo... Liz can not make it she is not available! She will be making appearences at Winni,and the Dustoff and that's it this year... maybe Florida... if we go.

Our schedules won't allow it do to other committments this Season.

I agree, she looks great driving the Classic, I love to watch her run it...she is an old hand on it at Lake George...she runs it back to the Boat House at Lake George all by herself. It's kinda a ritual now...see who can get back to the Hotel first... I love hearing it come around the corner... I never get to watch or hear how my boat sounds... it's totally different when you are driving it than when you are on the Shore! :spongebob

I'll be giving this whole thing some thought... if nothing else:cool:

Doc of Event Planning :beer:

hallboy
03-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Hallboy - I'm from Knoxville and I've been 5 years in a row. This year it takes place in the middle of my son's HS graduation. I'm debating which to attend - not
All I can say is don't miss it - If rooms are all gone, try the State Lodge or a hotel in town, or I bet a cabin (other than at the marina) could be found.
TN attendees could include RickR out of Gatlinburg, Gero from Gainesboro/Celina or somewhere over in the sticks:biggrin.:, and who knows
Where is Oakdale and where to you usually boat?
Hey RedDog...sorry for the delayed response. My wife's grandmother died and...well you know how that goes.
Oakdale is just north of Harriman,about 35 miles west of Knoxville. I'm usually boating on Watts Bar around the Kingston area.

show-n-go h2o
03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
the march lake report.....
i spent the weekend down at the lake and it's in great shape as of now, i also talked to a few people and they said that they are not going drop the lake anymore this year. for those of you that dont know or werent at the poker run the lake was way down and has been all winter. it's back and ready for the season....

Sam
03-06-2006, 12:56 PM
So by keeping the lake at a more consistent level I would think that the log issues will be minimal............at least I would like to think so :p .

Greg K
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
It all depends on how much they let it rise...it's been lower for the winter. It's currently at 707'...normal summer pool is 723' and the tree line is at 725'. You can pretty much count on it rising above normal summer pool level every year in the spring.
Here's the most recent historical graph of the lake level.
http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/hh/resplots/wol.gif

show-n-go h2o
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
They let it go down down farther this year because of the issues with the damn, alot of people were concerned that they wouldnt get it fixed in time for the boating season. i've never seen that graph before though, where did you find that?

DonCig
03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I made reservations today at Jamestown Marina. A deluxe two bedroom unit and a boat slip are on hold.
We arrive on Thursday afternoon and depart on Sunday. We may be able to come in on Wednesday afternoon depending on how many might be in attendance.
I will have a number of donated new items from www.performanceboat.us for the auction.

I may even be able to find a "Bimini Top for Todd".

Don

tamburello
03-06-2006, 10:18 PM
We made reservations last week and will be arriving Wednesday afternoon if my minivan holds together.:convertib Anybody else heading down a day early, besides us and possibly Doncig?

- Jeff

roadtrip se
03-07-2006, 08:27 AM
All you want to know can be found at www.lakecumberland.com

The Corp of Engineers is starting a multiple year project to insert a concrete sleeve inside of the earth portion of the dam to fix some seeping that is occuring in the porus limestone underneath.

This winter water levels are a result of drought. The lake came up fourteen feet in three days due to some heavy rains a couple of months ago. The Corp has committed to keeping the water lower, read out of the trees, to keep pressure down on the dam, but not so low as to adversely effect water levels and the tourism that pours millions into the area every year.

So there you have it, we should have a relatively lumber free existence this year at AOTH, due to the water not being in the trees!
I have attached a view of Alligator 1 Marina taken last weekend. Things are looking pretty good!

boxy
03-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Since Herr Dockterr doesn't want me to hijack his "other" thread I guess I should post my question here........

Q: Shouldn't it read "Proposed" attendance list ????

Actually ducking and running west of Poodle Land, wheels up 13:30 tomorrow.

Dr. Dan
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Since Herr Dockterr doesn't want me to hijack his "other" thread I guess I should post my question here........
Q: Shouldn't it read "Proposed" attendance list ????
Actually ducking and running west of Poodle Land, wheels up 13:30 tomorrow.

:D I think people get the point, I would change it to "Proposed" for people with intellects of your caliber, but the new Edit Set Up does not allow it...so you're just gonna have to deal with it....protagonist!

Enjoy Florida...try not to burn your "Smart Ass" ! :D

Doc :wavey:

FISHIN SUCKS
03-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Has anyone heard about a shirt being done for this year? Just curious. I'd hate to be the only one walkin' around showin' off my man boobs while everyone else gets to own a cool shirt!:smileybo:

tamburello
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Fishin' Sucks, we'll make sure that you're covered. Shirt design is in progress!

- Jeff

boldts
03-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Those attending may find a little cover up as a gift this year. I'm hoping we have enough $$$ to do it. :crossfing I'd like to give a little back to everyone attending this year. We'll see once everything comes together. So, very important that everyone lets us know they are coming in the attendance thread. Jeff has done a simply fantastic job with the designs the last couple years. It's a bit more difficult this year as we're honoring all of Mr. Aronow's boat companies, but I'm confident we can git her done!

Now.......What to do for that longest tow award and how to keep 150 boat owners entertained if it would dare rain on us?????

smoothie
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
We made reservations last week and will be arriving Wednesday afternoon if my minivan holds together.:convertib Anybody else heading down a day early, besides us and possibly Doncig?
- Jeff

I will be rolling in on wednesday.

FISHIN SUCKS
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Fishin' Sucks, we'll make sure that you're covered. Shirt design is in progress!
- Jeff
Thanx Jeff! I am looking forward to your next creation. The last two (that I know of) have absolutely rocked!

show-n-go h2o
03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
IS IT MAY YET.........i've been eating these:chillpill :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill but there not helping on the sunny days

Team Jefe
03-30-2006, 07:25 AM
16 hours. Hell Danny I'm just getting settled in for a road trip after 16 hours. this is gonna be a little jaunt to the east a bit for Team Jefe.
Ed, I can't believe you're letting Scaried Doc get you all unsettled. :cistineb:
Now as far as that "longest Haul" deal. Looks like Tom Selleck Horn has me beat by about 150 miles......So, Mapquest....no not SHORTEST....:idea: select "scenic route"....The things I'll do for a small bit of Notoriety:yes:

boldts
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Jefe,

You may have to take more than the scenic route from TX by way of West Coast first then to the Midwest state of Kentucky. :smile: Glad you all are going to be able to make it. So, we going fishin for Stripers at 5AM Friday morning? Wait, forgot, your bringing that neet 22 Classic with an outboard. :eek:

Team Jefe
03-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Jefe,
........So, we going fishin for Stripers at 5AM Friday morning? Wait, forgot, your bringing that neet 22 Classic with an outboard. :eek:

Who Says you can't go fishin' in a 22. I'll be installing the rod-holders pretty soon:eek!:

Jerry Eisele
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Good news, Tom [Tomahawk] and Joe P. are coming in from Atlanta. As you know they sold their Donzi's and went woodie. I'm not sure if they're bringing their woodies, but they have made their reservations at the Inn. It will be great to see them.
Jeff, Smoothy etc. Elizabeth and I will be leaving Cincinnati around 4:00pm on Wed. if anyone is coming through around that time, let us know so we can hook up.

Dr. Dan
04-14-2006, 11:15 AM
:wavey: How many hours is it from Cinncinatti? :D

Doc of Versace':smash:

DonziChick
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
On average, it takes about 3.5 hours from Cincy. It can be made in less, depending on your driving habits ;)

BGH18
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi Jerry,
I think it would be great to follow you guys down. Were do you guys meet
at? We live in Eaton right off RT 127 or could come down I-75. We would need to make sure we can get into jamestown a day early, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Thx B&G

Dr. Dan
04-14-2006, 06:07 PM
On average, it takes about 3.5 hours from Cincy. It can be made in less, depending on your driving habits ;)

Cool Beans... Not sure how I wanna go there, but I could cut across Pa. and head down to Cinci and meet up with everyone? I think Undertaker is planning on following me... so there might be 2 22 Classics to ad to the Caravan.

I would have to either leave at 4:00 am to make it there by 4:00pm... some how that does not seem too likely...so I will have to modify my schedule a Tad?

Doc of Cross Country Rendevous':beer:

BigGrizzly
04-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Well guys Its Big Grizzly I'm back and got reservations at Cumberland. I will probably bring the Critrion again and leave the Corsican home again. My wife will stay home and it may be Me and my youngest boy. Otherwise It will be me alone. But I will be there. Hey Bolts where is the sign up sheet. Put me down willya

boldts
04-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Randy,

Will do! Great to see ya back on the boards with us. Chris from Turbo filled me in a little and said that AOTH would be a coming out party for you so to speak. Lookng forward to seeing you again!

For those of you wanting to start packing, we're 30 days away. Here's a short list, but you long time attendees feel free to add to the list.

Be ready for possible roadside repairs. You don't have to bring your whole garage, but a spare tire, wheel bearings and extra light bulbs are a good start for anyone traveling with a trailer.
An apetite! - Food will be plentiful and available everywhere
Maybe a favorite Jacket, but if you forget that one, Doctor Dan will be able to supply you with nice Donzi clothing to warm you up. He may even have a few items that will push that special Donzi girl of yours into the extremely warm the whole state catagory! :eek!: :shades: Jefe did say he was bringing the whole Red Bikini Team right?
Be ready to run you boat! If looking for more performance, Precision Props will be on hand to run questions by or try one of their products. We run just about every conceivable foot of beautiful Lake Cumberland. Plenty of fuel and pottie stops available.
Bring your favorite beverage. Jamestown is a dry county, so if you prefer a little nightcap after a day on the water, you must bring it with you. Please don't let me catch you drinking and driving! I'm not your mother! Be responsible!
An Auction Item - After dinner Saturday night, we hold an auction of donated items from the attendees, Donzi, and other club supporters. Doesn't matter what it is. We've had just about everything in years past. Can be boat related, home related, anything you might no longer have a need for. We've had wonderful food and drink items donated. Let your imagination run wild!
Last on the short list - Be prepared to meet and enjoy the company of many boat owners from all walks of life and states on the continent. Might even be a couple Interational attendees. Many have become great friends over the years attending this and other Donzi gatherings. We're welcoming boaters from outside the Donzi family this year. Owners of Cigarettes, Magnums, a Squadron XII, and yes of course Formula owners. As always, anyone wanting to run with a bunch of fun loving Donzi owners are welcome and will be treated with respect. We love boats just as much as most others who own watercraft.

Everyone have a safe journey to Lake Cumberland and be safe

Jerry Eisele
04-22-2006, 06:41 AM
We could meet at exit #14 on I75 South. easy off and on + gas. I need to touch base with my crew, but I'd say around 4:30 PM would be close. I'll keep you posted, if any one has any interest.

show-n-go h2o
04-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Good news, Tom [Tomahawk] and Joe P. are coming in from Atlanta. As you know they sold their Donzi's and went woodie. I'm not sure if they're bringing their woodies, but they have made their reservations at the Inn. It will be great to see them.
Jeff, Smoothy etc. Elizabeth and I will be leaving Cincinnati around 4:00pm on Wed. if anyone is coming through around that time, let us know so we can hook up.

im leaving wed. too, im not sure on the time yet but if it ends up being around 4 i'd love to hook up with you guy's and gals for the ride down.

Tomahawk
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Probably not much wood, from the woods, in the water this year but there will be a handfull of wooden classics on hand. Just so happens that the Bluegrass Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society is having a quarterly meeting at Jamestown resort that weekend. It's more of a business meeting, and not a show, but there are sure to be some members that bring their boats along. They also have a houseboat meeting/cruise planned.
They know that the Donzi people will be there and some have ask if they might get a ride on something that exceeds 35 mph. Maybe a ride swap would be in order for those interested. BTW, to the ACBS, any boat built in 1968 and before is classified as a classic so, some of your boats may qualify.
AOTH VI just keeps getting more interesting all the time!
Joe P and I will arrive Thursday - here come da Judge!

Jerry Eisele
05-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Leaving for Cumberland at 4:30 on Wed. the 17th at exit #14 on I75 south. Keep me posted who will be meeting us.

Jerry Eisele
05-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Tom, It will be great to see you and Joe at the AOTH. You were missed last year along with Grizz. Have you all seen Blackhawk Bill lately?? I hope he can make it!!!!!
For those of you that haven't posted their intentions on the food. Please post what meals you will be attending on the AOTH Food thred.
Thanks

boldts
05-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey gang. Be ready to have your boats put in the Boater's Life magazine. I've received word that they want to do a story on our gathering. They are planing pictures and also video. So if a Rick Spangenberg asks you about your boats. Welcome him and give him the story on your boat. Probably will need a couple volunteers to offer a seat or two in your boat. That way no one misses having their pictures taken or being video taped.

http://www.boaterslife.com/

Team Jefe
05-10-2006, 03:34 AM
Final Confirmation: Team Jefe is in.
Not sure what Boat we will have with us. The 22 is still being finicky and with my travel lately I haven't had the time to dial her in. Still I think she's ready...but If not Cumberland will see Jefe's Revenge sporting her brand new T-top.
We are set to roll out of Houston Thursday at 1800, which will put us at the Lake before noon on Friday.:wavey:
Ladies: one last reminder, please bring your RED BIKINI's for the RBC photo shoot.:biggrin.:

Trueser
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Trueser's convoy dropping one boat.

I'm leaving the 22 at home and getting her ready for Powell.

So we are leaving early wed morning with Z29 and Robs 22zx.

Gus will be heading down on Thursday.

Any midwest folks want to join up give me a call.

Dr. Dan
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Trueser's convoy dropping one boat.
I'm leaving the 22 at home and getting her ready for Powell.
So we are leaving early wed morning with Z29 and Robs 22zx.
Gus will be heading down on Thursday.
Any midwest folks want to join up give me a call.

:wavey: Treuser's Raiders: Undertaker and I are scheduled to land in Cincinnatti to meet Jerry & Elizabeth around 4:00 pm... I have no idea if that is line with your Travel Schedule through that area on Wednesday...but we will be there....so if ya wanna Convoy...well we be there...:D

We both have 22 Classics... not sure what Jerry's bringing ...I am assuming his 22?

Let us know...details pending...but it looks like Exit 14 off of I-75 South...we are coming in from I 71 from Columbus to I 275, dropping down 75 to Exit 14.
Actual Rendevous Parking Lot has not been established yet!

Ed and I are leaving the East Coast ...Tuesday afternoon...Jerry is running this gig so coordinate with him. He is "Director of Fun":D

Doc

ITTLFLI
05-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Leaving for Cumberland at 4:30 on Wed. the 17th at exit #14 on I75 south. Keep me posted who will be meeting us.

Jill and I will be...

roadtrip se
05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I would like to make a motion for a sealed bid auction entry for this true artifact of filming history produced by your encore performance and heavily nominated repeat auctioneer, yes the man, Fishin Sucks!

For those who don't know, this film received multiple nominations from the Sundance Festival and the Film Academy for countless awards and didn't win one dam thing. But obviously, not from lack of quality, just a highly competitve nominee field of much better films.

For those of you who won this true comedy classic last year, please feel free to chime in here with your impressions of this fine film, or better yet, please donate your copy to the auction, so Jill and I can bid on it and take this beauty home.

We are prepared to bid up to $9.95 for this item!

For the rest of you, please don't forget to bring your auction item to the AOTH for Saturday night. The bbq and the auction cannot be beat!

And please be prepared to laugh, Tom can not be beat as the emcee of this festivity!

FISHIN SUCKS
05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
You are too kind, Todd...or should I say 'cheapskate'...9.95, I am crushed. I thought I could at least break the double digit barrier by cresting 10 bucks! Our website says 14.95 plus shipping and handling. Of course I am just jokin', auctioneer brutha'! Can't wait to get out of Los Angeles here so I can get the boat ready on Saturday for AOTH next week.

I am not so sure my niece's karoake machine has enough booty to save some of my voice for the auction....and I never bought that damn mr. microphone by ronco when it was hot!!!:bonk: What are we gonna do???:eek: Anybody who has a microphone and an amp to bring would help, but you may regret it after listening to my crap voice for an evening.

farmer tx
05-12-2006, 09:16 AM
I'll bring my daughters cheerleading megaphone for ya Tom, you may have to change your name to Traci though:idea:

FISHIN SUCKS
05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I'll bring my daughters cheerleading megaphone for ya Tom, you may have to change your name to Traci though:idea:
...then slap me silly and call me 'Traci'!:biggrin:

DonCig
05-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Traci, the weather looks like a repeat of last year. Partly cloudy and highs in the mid 70's with the nicest day either Sunday or Monday. Anybody want to stay an extra day?
Will we have any gas money left?
Will Traci still have on her bikini?

DonCig

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-page2.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=42629&fday=6&metric=0

farmer tx
05-15-2006, 02:44 PM
We are outa here! Leaving in 5 min. should be there tues. night. See ya there!!

Mark & Polly

show-n-go h2o
05-16-2006, 02:24 PM
16 more hours till i leave....... i'll be on the water by 12:30 wed. :rlol:

SEE YOU THERE

Team Jefe
05-16-2006, 03:35 PM
...First, the HarborMaster Will not be coming. He sinds his regrets, but toat is just the way it is.

Second, The rarest of all Donzi's will not be in attendance.

I know...it is very dissapointing, but the 22OB is just not ready and I don;t feel like messing with a boat when everyone else is out having fun.

So......Make room for Jefe's Revenge. This will be her first outing Sporting the nw T-Top and back seat.....plenty of room for passengers if somebody needs a ride.

boldts
05-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Guess I should change that request with Turbo to 2 Evinrude counter rotating props. ;)

DonCig
05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Jefe, bring on the fish guts buddy!

Your cute girlfriend can ride in my Cig drinking champagne so that she does not get the Wahoo slime on her.

Just kidding, we serve no french alcohol in our boat. Just good old H20 until the day is done, then break out the Margarita machine.

It will be good to see both of you. I want to hear about your new job.

Don

synack
05-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Is there a rought count on how many boats are gonna be there?

DonCig
05-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Some of you may be aware that I have been in negotiations to purchase a couple of Marine patents over the last year’s time. My team successfully pulled it off last Wednesday morning. By noon of the same day we had a commitment from two of the largest US marine retailers to carry our unique line of marine products for the 2007 season.
I have spent the last 7 days working around the clock getting the legal, graphics, web and marketing people positioned for our entrance into the market. This explains why my 18’ Donzi sits in the garage unfinished for AOTH.
Our new company name says exactly what style of products will provide to the market:

100mph Marine Products

We are a niche marine design and manufacturing company; making unique High Bling performance products targeted at the inland lake boat enthusiast. The large offshore crowd has a group of quality suppliers, but the inland lake crowd has been somewhat ignored as it relates to high quality performance products. Some of our products cover all segments of the performance boat market; and some of them are definitely targeted towards the 16' to 24' in length boat enthusiast.
We have 3 US patents, 1 multi international patent and we have 6 more products that are in the final stages of design. 2 of the new products have new technology that has not yet made it in to the marine marketplace.
We could have elected to sit and wait for the end of the summer to make our entrance with a complete and finished bag full of new and exciting products; but I wanted to offer this group of dedicated enthusiasts first glimpse of what was coming.
Last Friday I decided to rush the production of the first 25 of our first units going to market as a "Special" numbered release for the 2006 AOTH event.
The first retail shipments of this product will occur in late July.
Each of these first release (25) items are custom Laser engraved with the following "1 of 25, AOTH 2006".
I am bringing 20 of the first 25 units to AOTH with the intention of offering all but 3 of them for sale to the membership at an introductory price that will not be repeated. Numbers 24 and 25 will be given as gifts to Scott Boldt and Scott VanAlstine as "thanks" for the time and energy that they have expended this year and in past years in getting this event to where it is today. I expect 2006 to be the largest and most well attended AOTH in history.
I have also decided to offer #1 0f 25, the first production unit for our new company, for auction at the Saturday night festivities. I can assure you that I will be in the bidding!

Looking forward to a great weekend boating with all of you,

Don

Team Jefe
05-17-2006, 07:21 AM
WOW...guess I'd better get more CASH for this trip.

I too have a few goodies for the Auction...Some Team Jefe stuff and some Donzi stuff from Scotty V.

But its not near as exciting as this.:lookaroun

and by the way....Donzi Angel LIKES Wahoo Slime:biggrin:

either way we are WAY IN, for Adult beverages watching a beautiful sunset I've even got some Ziggenbock for those of you craving a good 'ole TEXAS beer.

Team Jefe
05-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Well it looks like everyone else is already there or on the road and NOT the internet....but if there is still someone checking in, we are T-minus 10 hours and counting.

Going radio silent for the duration.

See 'ya in Jamestown.

boldts
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Since just about everyone is on the road heading to Jamestown by now, I can finally let a surprise out of the hat. This year in an effort to give a little back to the folks who give of themselves to attend our gathering, I'm pleased to announce that through sponsorships, the Friday and Saturday meals will be paid for by the Midwest Donzi Club. Those of you who have already paid for these meals will be reimbursed at the gathering. ($20 to put back into your fuel tanks :) ) Also, I'm very proud to finally be able to release this year's shirt design. Those attending will be receiving one of these shirts with sales to everyone else happening after the gathering. Jeff Dykema has done a fantastic job with the design and a special thank-you goes out to Michael Aronow for the use of the pictures. These shirts will be available thru the Midwest Donzi Club website so hold your horses a little bit longer. It's first on my list of things to do once I get home and see if any shirts are left. Don't worry, if need be, another order with the printing company will be made.

Mr. Tamm - It's a labor of love. I have a lot of help from friends met through this gathering and other club Presidents who have given me advise over the years. The vision of everyone enjoying a fantastic weekend and using their boats is payment enough for me. If I didn't truly enjoy it also, I wouldn't be putting it together every year. Thank-you sir!

pmreed
05-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Wow Scott, that's cool. $40 more to buy auction stuff:smile: .

I expect to arrive early Friday afternoon with my son-in-law in tow. Hope we can pick up an afternoon ride.

Phil

Lenny
05-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Mr. Boldts. Those shirts look AWESOME :yes:

Put me down for 3 larges when you get back or bring 'em back. NICE

thriller
05-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Scott
Could you send me one along with Lenny's order. I would like an XL please if available. I can wire cash any way your prefer:)
Mike

Nice Work!

ITTLFLI
05-20-2006, 05:29 PM
WOW!! What a GREAT time!!! Unfortunately I had to roll home early so here are a few sneak peaks!

Carl C
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Keep those pictures coming!

sweet 16 1966
05-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I too came late and left early but had a blast. Thanks to Scott and all those who put their time in to make this an event to remember. Next year I hope to stay longer! Thanks for the ride Tony!
Here are a few pics, not many running pics as I needed both hands on the wheel trying to keep up with everyone!

Carl C
05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Who's that in pic 3? It's always a treat to see a lady driving a performance boat.

classic_18
05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Who's that in pic 3? It's always a treat to see a lady driving a performance boat.

Forget it Carl, She's WAAYYYY too young for you............

Carl C
05-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Forget it Carl, She's WAAYYYY too young for you............ Ahhh......But I have qualities that make up for being 52. How's the weather been there? Hot and sunny I hope.

Patti
05-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Not only is she young.. but she also has a boyfriend and her DAD is a member here..

Jerry & Tony tend to be quite protective of the lovely Elizabeth :biggrin.: :tongue:

Tony
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
What a great event! Thanks again Scott Boldts for organizing a real quality affair...from the meals to the fun run to the shirts and of course all the awesome people.

Here are a few shots...if anyone wants the full size version feel free to e-mail me and I will send it off. I will also post many other shots in the Photo Gallery section when the AOTH 6 category gets added.

Thanks again to Mike Truesdale and his Chicago crew for the thermostat swap, apparently not a convenient task in an EFI Volvo engine. Also for the evening cruise in the restored 29', what a sweet boat! It's neat to see the close father/son combos...that is a special thing that, unfortunately, only happens occasionally.

Tony
05-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Here are a few more...

By the way, your life is not complete until you see FISHIN SUCKS bust a move and git jiggy wit it! (sneak preview in the above post...)

Carl C
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Awesome. I like the pic of "Titanic"!

sweet 16 1966
05-21-2006, 08:27 PM
More pics..
Elizabeth BTW is an excellent boat driver. Just wish she would not have passed me in her 18'!

sweet 16 1966
05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
This is Tony's wife. Notice how she is smiling. After some wrench slinging, like we all have to do, the boat was good to go!

CHACHI
05-22-2006, 06:39 AM
This is Tony's wife. Notice how she is smiling. After some wrench slinging, like we all have to do, the boat was good to go!Cherie, always smiles when they work on the boat. Ken

gcarter
05-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Looks like everyone had a good time!
How was the wood in the water this year?

Team Jefe
05-22-2006, 07:48 AM
....we rolled in at 0300 this morning and I am now at work...no rest for the wicked.;)

The gatherinig was really nice, I just wish Angel would have been feeling better...but she likes her new 28ZX:biggrin.:

Full report coming soon.

DonziChick
05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Yep - that was me in the navy and honey 18'. I had a blast driving it all weekend! (not to mention passing people ;) )

I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did :)

roadtrip se
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Just a couple of observations..

-- Grizzley will always be out in front of the pack. Thanks to you, and the others in the group who overcame major health obstacles this year, and set an example for us all to follow on how to really enjoy life on the water!

-- Texas women, and all Donzi girls for that matter, seem to stand out in a crowd. Beautiful, smart, wily, and proud, but for goodness sake, don't piss one off, because they travel in packs. I love you all.

-- The great pitmaster controversy. Mesquite vs Hickory, Chevy vs Ford, oh well, at least we agree on our choice of fast boats. Just keep the knives out of our hands. Thank goodness for Jerry Eisele and Elizabeth for handling the sides and setup, we have plenty to do up on the hill! Thanks to all of you who joined the Professional Pork Puller's Society and lended us a hand.

-- A fun run up into the creeks at Cumberland with thirty+ boats can look like a chase scene from a James Bond movie. What a hoot. Thanks Byron Scholle and Jeff Cash for putting it together!

-- All of you with sparkling red 22's are making it real hard for me to find my boat at the dock! They all looked great and provided excellent cover for the Evil Twin's assault on a certain King Teal 22 and its particularily aerodynamic Doctor captain. Thanks Doc for bringing all of that great sportswear and giving me somebody to harass on the water.

-- Contrary to what you all might think, Precison was not handing out free propellers from the back of their van on Friday night, so give them back! Thanks to Chris Booe for his active particpation in helping us all find that magic prop!

-- DPXs and Blackhawks really rock! So what if you get shorted on choices at the prop truck, your boats don't need it, Tony and Gero!

-- Pontoon boats aren't supposed to have 300+ horsepower. Ain't no way that thing is going to lap me, brother!

-- Wes, aka Rubber Ducky Boy, seems to have found a new respect for 22's.
By the way, I have about 200 small rubber duckies looking to be re-cycled.

-- Thank you everybody for your participation in the auction. Fishin Sucks is a rock star! To the cheap SOB that donated a case of Natural Light, how about Michelob, or at least Busch, next year, geesh? Who would have thought that we would have a bidding controversy over "The Homeless Olympics"! These funds will make next years event even better!

-- You see it all at the Falls. The boys in the Titanic were cold, wet, brave, and sinking...

-- Rumor has it that there just might be a revival of the infamous, but slightly dormant MADCOW. Good to see so many faces from Michigan.

-- Thanks to Donzi for their sponsorship and particpation. Nice to meet you Ryan and we hope you enjoyed a little of the Donzi mystigue! Thank you to the Preferred Power Marine group for your particpation and goodies.

-- To all of you who pulled boats from across the country, I hope the trip was worthwhile for you and that we will see you again next year!

-- And finally, thanks to Scot Boldt for keeping this event at the finest rally site in the country and herding the cats to put on a first class event.

Mark it on your calenders for 2007, weekend before Memorial Day. See you there.

sweet 16 1966
05-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Thats OK Elizabeth, I get use to it in my little boat! Just happy when it goes the distance!

show-n-go h2o
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this event on again. we love it and i already can't wait for next year.......From the bobbie @ preferred your welcome anytime and thanks for the support. hope everyone else had a great time...

Trueser
05-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Here are a couple of Pictures,

More to come...

Trueser
05-22-2006, 11:04 PM
We had a great time, Will return in 2007 for sure.

Mark, The Doctor said my back should be fine by Powell.

I have over 200 pictures......:rolleyes:

boldts
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Not much to add. Mr. Somerville summed it up quite nicely. Mr. Carter, there was some wood as is normally found in stream fed lakes in May albeit not nearly as bad this year as in years past due to water levels being kept lower for dam work. Our biggest obsticle this year was mother nature and rain. Somehow though, when it was time for 40 plus boats to hit the lake, the clouds parted and the sun shined. I don't have an exact count of boats. Primarely because I really don't care. AOTH is not about how big it is, but the people who attend. Each and every one of them treat everyone else at the gathering like family. If someone needs help, there are normally many offering in any way possible to lend a hand. We had some friends from the Bluegrass Chapter of ACBS (Antique and Classic Boat Society) stop by. Big Grizzly took a couple of the ladies for a ride in his Donzi. I didn't get to talk to them about it, but they arrived in a woodie sporting a Chrysler Hemi with twin carbs on top. Those wood boats are so beautiful! Tom and Joe, it was great to have you both back with us during the weekend.

The only disappointment for me was that the Squadron XII and it's owner were unable to attend. We had Cigarettes, Donzis and Formula boats in attendance. There was no gold chain competition and no my boat is better than yours. It just goes to show that it is the attitude of the owners who make power boating the joy it is for us.

Best moment for me of the weekend was seeing the smile on Randy Carabelli's (Big Grizzly) face after docking his Criterion Friday afternoon. For someone who has endured so much over the last year, it was fantastic to see him enjoying the boat he loves so much. Thank-you Scott Baxter for helping Randy attend this year. I will be in Eufala this year.

I think we broke in the Donzi Sales Rep., Ryan Connally, just right. Ryan had never been to a Donzi gathering before. He now knows to bring a sweatshirt or jacket when riding in the back seat of an upper 70's low 80's 22 Classic in May. At least in Kentucky. Ryan, thank-you for your presence and support of our gathering. Your welcome to come back any time. We just need to find a way to move the Lee's Ford boat show off our weekend so they can bring that 22 Shelby down to people who know and appreciate Donzi boats. I hope the new dealer (Alton Blakely) did well at the show. I know some of you didn't think highly of the Shelby out of the water at boat shows, but that boat is dynamite sitting in the water. It looks fast even when it's not moving.

Last, I'd like to thank Kathy & Tom from Illinois for the ride in their 33 ZX on the Friday run to Lee's Ford. You both have been at and supported our gathering every year. Your ZX is just beautiful! On Saturday, I rode with a man named Willy who owns a 41' Formula with 3 Procharged big blocks. Ya know, I din't ask him his last name like I should have. I was standing on the gas dock where he was filling the tank on the boat. He showed and allowed me to take pictures of his boat. He then asked if I would like to ride with him to take pictures of everyone elses boats running in our fun run. How could I say no? The boat was fantastic for taking pictures as it was steady at speed with almost no bouncing around. It was funny, the guys at the gas dock asked him how he could take a Donzi guy on his Formula? Willie showed them the back of his AOTH shirt that he was wearing and said simply, "We're all one big family!" and smiled. This gentleman later joined us at the Saturday dinner and auction to support the club.

In closing, I have a story to write for Boater's Life while my pictures are being developed. I hope I can write and include all the great parts of the gathering. Like having I think 6 father son and father daughter groups in attendance. Just shows how boating is a family event that can be passed on to all our children. I also need to get the shirts for sale on our club website. Thank-you to everyone who attended this year and allowed me a little time to forget about things at home. Thank-you to everyone who helps me do this every year. With-out you, it wouldn't be one of the best, smoothest running gatherings in the country. I get the credit, but it's you being behind me that makes it happen so well. Now then...... I'd like to keep it an all Aronow Company boats every year, how do I top this year's design. Jeff Dykema takes my simple idea and makes it special on our shirts. He's also one of the best 18 Classic drivers I've seen. Jeff is a living example that you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it. Thank-you Jeff for the inspiration and the use of your amazing graphics talent!

SIGN4BOAT
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
The only pic. a took this weekend:o

SIGN4BOAT
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
If you'll get a chance, check out the thread " who were those guys? " on www.lakecumberland.com . You all had a few nice words said about the event!!! Here is a copy and paste of one of the comments--- It was an impressive sight (and sound) when all those boats came into the harbor at LFM for lunch.

BTW, other LFM'ers were also impressed with the "nautical manners" exhibited by the Donzi folks while coming in and leaving our area. A very classy bunch of boaters. ------- I THOUGHT THE CLASSY COMMENT WAS A LITTLE OVERBOARD :)

smoothie
05-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Looks like everyone had a good time!
How was the wood in the water this year?
George,the wood wasnt near as bad as last year and what was there Big Grizz cut em in two with his TRS,then roadtrip and blackhawk chopped em up into little pieces with their surface drives...:biggrin: was a great time!

roadtrip se
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
George,the wood wasnt near as bad as last year and what was there Big Grizz cut em in two with his TRS,then roadtrip and blackhawk chopped em up into little pieces with their surface drives...:biggrin: was a great time!

from whacking one hard. Gero said it came up in multiple pieces behind us.

Know what, if someone created a replay time button for last weekend, I'd be hitting that button over and over again, even with the direct hit.

Keeper of the stump grinder prop...

Dr. Dan
05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
:wavey:
Know what, if someone created a replay time button for last weekend, I'd be hitting that button over and over again, even with the direct hit.
Keeper of the stump grinder prop...

:banghead: You do that ...Boy and you'll likely go Blind...:spit:

Anonymous Redneck Mutha !:bonk:

BERTRAM BOY
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM

Are we talking about pork pulling again?

BigGrizzly
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
It is easy to come in to the dock with a smile. Going to a Donzi rallyis like going to a family reunion with only the relatives you like. Also smiling is easy when you have friends like Scott baxter and Scott Bolts that take care of you. Mister Bolts my smile is nothing compaired to what yours will be when you go to Eufaula. It is easy to lead the pack when everone makes the wrong turn and your navagator says "go that way!". The texas people are great even the transplanted ones. Thanks everone for making this a special event, not just for me but every one. Bolts I have already talked to Forrest and HE IS expecting you, so we are not going to dissapoint him!!!

DonCig
05-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Here are a few of the action shots.

Don

DonCig
05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
For those of you that did not receive an instruction sheet with your new prop lock given out at AOTH 2006, here is one that you can download and print.

Thank you for all the positive comments on the first of our new products.

Don

Forrest
05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
. . .Mister Bolts my smile is nothing compared to what yours will be when you go to Eufaula . . .

Scott, after talking with Randy and looking at some of the pictures, it sounds like I really missed another great AOTH. I really need to work it out so we can get up there to that great part of the country and experience it first hand.

Scott, we would really like to have you at Eufaula 8 over the Labor Day Weekend, and as always, all Donzi owners and friends are welcome. Now that I'm living part time on Lake Eufaula, we expect to do up the Donzi Labor Day Event in big way. Also, Big Green ZX and company lives on Lake Eufaula as well. I would really like to get the 'Poodle up to Eufaula again, but after checking the schedule, it looks like his 'Canes are playing Florida State in Miami on Labor Day. If they were playing in Tallahassee, he would have no excuses, since Lake Eufaula is only about two hours from Tally.

Anyway I'll soon be posting a sticky in this forum on the details of Eufaula 8. You already know where it is, and it looks like we will be at Lakepoint State Park and Resort (Eufaula, Alabama) as rather than George T. Bagby State Park (Fort Gaines, GA) due to popular demand.

Lenny
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I am trying my new wireless Berry. This is first try. Very cool from the Bar so far. I have many questions.

boldts
05-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I still have the sizes and number of shirts you guys need. I'll send all to Lenny's address:

686 Rockridge Place
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V9B-6K1

Mike, for payment, just give your money to Lenny or Lenny, give yours to Mike and send a check addressed to:

Scott Boldt
6304 Fence Row Lane
Canal Winchester, OH 43110

Total: $100.00
Lenny - 3 Lg = $75.00
Mike - 1 XLg = $25.00

Lenny
05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
That's GREAT Scott :)

Please say "sample" or gift on the package and value it at $15.00 or so.

Thanx

boldts
05-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Package went out yesterday Lenny to your address. 3 Lg, 1 XLg. Package marked Gift with a value of $0.00. :biggrin.: P.O. said it should arrive in about a week to you guys.

boldts
05-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Forrest,

Vacation from work is scheduled including week before the holiday so I can spend some time with Randy before heading to Eufaula with him. Just let me know when we can start making reservations at the lodge. Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting BG ZX along with others in attendance. I had a great time last time I attended and I know it will be a great time again. :)

BigGrizzly
05-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Scott Bolts great to have you E-Mail your phone number. the only thing I can garantee is good friends, good food and fun. Just remember how to drive a Donzi.