PDA

View Full Version : any 24 el pescadors for sale

joel mcqueen
12-16-2005, 05:51 PM
i have a freind in the fl keys dieing to buy an 24 el pescador open fisherman prefer restored but would take any kind if anyone knows of any for sale or otherwise please let me know

Lenny
12-16-2005, 07:08 PM
This is one. Read the reply and contact a certain individuals before doing anything if he is serious. That price seems nutz when you can find Dorals and Spitfires for at least half of that on the same hull. :) Ask ol'RED, he probably knows where any, in any condition, are...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42895

joel mcqueen
12-16-2005, 08:09 PM
thanx i called him its not an original el pescador its been heavily modifide and 32 grand is a bit much for non original who is th is other fellow you mentioned

pmreed
12-17-2005, 12:11 PM
That would be olredalert. He's got the nicest El Pescador in existence. Search for his posts.

Phil

Sagbay32
12-17-2005, 03:35 PM
There is (or was) one in Michigan that was almost fully restored for sale. I know that "Ol' Red" knew the owner.

It was a beautiful boat and seemed reasonable at 25k. I will look for a pic.

Mike

joel mcqueen
12-17-2005, 05:38 PM
thanx any help in finding one would be appreciated dont seem to be many in fla have a freind trying to get one for his father for xmas

olredalert
12-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Joel,

--------Along with the other info I have both E-mailed you and posted on here, you should know that there were less than 30 El Pescadors even built. The run was extremely short and DONZI built a full line of other boats as well. It will be a long laborious search to find one. I know the boat isnt original, but the white one above is probably worth the money. I didnt mention it before because of the egg-beaters. Nothing against egg-beaters, but once changed I think the boat is substantially different, and would crtainly understand if you felt the same.........Bill S

TuxedoPk
12-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Joel- If you are really interested you might try calling Jonathan Spaulding, president of CSI group in Stuart Florida at (800) 454-4245. In August of this year CSI group bought the tooling to the Sonic line of boats. Donzi sold the 24' molds to Sonic.

When I last spoke to Sonic in 2002 I was told they still had the 24' hull molds lying around. (I don't know about all the misc. pieces for the El Pesc.) Hope this helps.

Come on Bill, admit it- you have the GPS coordinates for all the other El Pescadors :)

Lenny
12-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Joel- If you are really interested you might try calling Jonathan Spaulding, president of CSI group in Stuart Florida at (800) 454-4245. In August of this year CSI group bought the tooling to the Sonic line of boats. Donzi sold the 24' molds to Sonic.
When I last spoke to Sonic in 2002 I was told they still had the 24' hull molds lying around. (I don't know about all the misc. pieces for the El Pesc.) Hope this helps.
Come on Bill, admit it- you have the GPS coordinates for all the other El Pescadors :)

Richard (Tux), I think you will find out that the molds for the 24 El Pescador were destroyed just over 2 years ago after being bandied about for sale at $10K for a while. A "local" on here. :D looked at them with purchasing in mind I believe, but were over priced and then the next thing you know they were cut-up and in a Dumpster.

Enough to make one cry...

this should keep you going for a bit... :)
http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/members_drdan/elpes.jpg

1996Z15
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Joel,
--------Along with the other info I have both E-mailed you and posted on here, you should know that there were less than 30 El Pescadors even built. The run was extremely short and DONZI built a full line of other boats as well. It will be a long laborious search to find one. I know the boat isnt original, but the white one above is probably worth the money. I didnt mention it before because of the egg-beaters. Nothing against egg-beaters, but once changed I think the boat is substantially different, and would crtainly understand if you felt the same.........Bill S

WOW! They really only built 30 El Pescadors? There used to be a baby blue and white one around where I live here in Southern NJ. It had the name "Slingshot" on the side and it sounded great and ran real well. Wonder whatever happened to that boat?

DAULEY
12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
what are you willing to pay ? i have a friend with 2 of them and he is thinking of selling one
the one hes thinking of selling is a single big block been sitting for about 3years
last year he was offered 14000 but at the time he was not interested in selling but he has been talking about restoring the twin boat ,i think 15000 to 16000 would buy it
let me know if there is any intrest and ill try to get some pixs

vonkamp
12-30-2005, 08:59 AM
How bout one of these :eek!: :eek!:

Lenny
12-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Interesting how they put a "long" lower in the middle. I haven't seen that here before and we have a few triples OB's here.

BUIZILLA
12-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Where's The Steering Wheel Lenny?

Lenny
12-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Interesting, usually I forget to put the "plug" back in, never have I forgotten the steering wheel. :D

mikev
01-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Here is a project one I found on boattrader it's in Alabama project el pescador (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/5/81102335.htm)

and this one in Alabama as well 1989 el pescador (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/5/78377425.htm)

Sagbay32
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Yes, there are many of the walk around-cuddy cabin El Pescadors out there. The more elusive center console boats are hard to find. The 24' was only produced in '76 http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell564.jpg

Mike

olredalert
01-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Mike,

-------If you look for anything here on the DONZI Registry on El Pescadors you will indeed find some incorrect info that says they were only produced in 1976. I know for a fact and have, in the past, alerted the people here who can change this date that this is wrong! The first El Pescadors as well as the rest of the 24 line-up was first produced in 1974. There is a 1974 El P around Sandusky and the islands that I have seen close up and personal. The owner actually lives down the street from my brother! My own El P is a 1975 produced boat. I can assure you that several 24 DONZIs were produced outside that 1976 time-frame. As close as I can figure there were roughly 20 to 30 El Pescadors made thruout the entire run before the molds were sold, but that is at best an educated guess. Hope this helps.........Bill S

Sagbay32
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Bill,
I guess I should have probed a little deeper on my fact finding mission. I could not find the letter from the seller who lived in West Bloomfield that was selling the white and navy E.P. I new it was a mid 70's era boat.

Mike

*Maybe the model list will be updated soon.

olredalert
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Mike,

-----I have seen that 24 from Bloomfield Hills and I simply couldnt recommend it to the originator of this thread. I sure wish the fella with that El P had done a bunch of things differently, but he didnt. He has quite a bit of money in the boat for the quality of the work he recieved and the last time we talked he was pretty insistent on getting most of it back. Price at that time was somewhere around $20,000. He spent a goodly amount on re-building the two original swedish Volvo six-cylinders that came with the boat. I not sure if a guy could ever find parts for a mid 70s Volvo engine again. Maybe Phil could answer that, but, to me, they would have been better as anchors. There were numerous other questions about the boat that made me loose interest...........Bill S

Sagbay32
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Bill,
I have always liked the first El Pescador hull (especially yours). After seeing the pics of you running on the St. Clair river I see why you chose the 24' hull. It can get pretty choppy out there on an 18' boat.

I never did go to see the restored EP with the Volvos because of the price and the drives. I guess I will have to keep my eyes open for something comparable.

Mike

MOP
01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Bill some parts are getting super scare, the marinizing stuff is the hardest . I only have one good contact left that can do a decent job of finding stuff and he is thinking of retiring.

Phil

lars
01-06-2006, 03:40 AM
This Cigarette has been for sale for quite a long time at $25K, price asked hasn't been dropped so I have a feeling it's a very nice one and the owner doesn't wanna give it away, but maybe he's ready to deal a little bit. The lines on the Cigarette is of course very different than the Donzi so maybe Your friend is hooked on the El Pescador shape, if not I think the Cigarette is a little more practical overall, having a Cuddy and a few more feet. If money isn't a big deal, check out this beautiful restoration job on a 28' performer(same as orig. 28' Donzi).
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=957459&ybw=&hosturl=jbyachtsales&&ywo=jbyachtsales&&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=55049&url=&hosturl=jbyachtsales&&ywo=jbyachtsales&
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1346424&slim=quick&

olredalert
01-06-2006, 08:49 AM
-------The Cigarette is the same as the presidents fathers boat.........Bill S

roadtrip se
01-06-2006, 09:05 AM
-------The Cigarette is the same as the presidents fathers boat.........Bill S

"Fidelity" is hanging from the ceiling at the presidential libray in College Station, Texas. Cool display, but I wondered when I saw it, why they would take a perfectly good boat and mothball it like that? Presidential association or not!

George W has had several Reggie boats since. I wonder if Reggie has shown him how to drive the things? I'm sure the Secret Service would appreciate that!

olredalert
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Todd,

-------Is it hanging right-side-up? Seems like all you would see is the bottom. Maybe they drained all the fluids and inverted it??? That was a salt-water boat and I wonder if the thing needed a bunch of work to keep going up there in Maine. Georges accountants probably figured out some tax advantage to putting it in the library............Bill S

Greg K
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
here it is on display...
http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/tour/images/fidelity.jpg
and here with W
http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/photos/images/P24252-23.jpg

olredalert
01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
-------Very cool, Greg!!! Thanks for the pics. I like the bolster/seat on the drivers side but the little seat on the pass. side. Whats up with that?........Bill S