PDA

View Full Version : With no Right, nor Left,... I like this...it finally sounds Good...

Lenny
12-15-2005, 02:13 AM
:yes:
"We are living through a watershed moment in the story of freedom," Bush said. "Iraqis will go to the polls to choose a government that will be the only constitutional democracy in the Arab world.

No comments from me, nor should there be, but I find this "uplifting" and a break in the clouds that have rained on your Government for 3 years. I hope it works out and the insurgents, well.... Tookie comes to mind in LA ;)

I really like this, and it "LOOKS" promising. Could be a very nice Xmas present for many (Millions) if it has teeth. Let's hope so.

Polls closed at 9am/Dec15th in the EAST USA, 6 AM for me... Cross your fingers and let's hope we can Unite this Arab Country.

Schnook
12-15-2005, 06:47 AM
I've got my fingers crossed on this one.

Rootsy
12-15-2005, 07:00 AM
ya know lenny, i always enjoy reading your commentary... you aren't tainted like all of us southerners are...

Personally, i do hope and pray that Iraq will let democracy take a strong foothold and that the people there will embrace it and find a better way of life. Our service people deserve this much for their sacrafices, lest they be in vain. And the people in those god forsaken countries deserve it after living under a brutal ruler for so many years... but where we bicker and fight they go and kill each other if they don't see eye to eye... kinda like america 200 years ago...

now your loony gov't on the other hand... wanting to ban handguns... we won't go there :eek!:

RedDog
12-15-2005, 08:51 AM
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqis voted in a historic parliamentary election Thursday, with strong turnout reported in Sunni Arab areas and even a shortage of ballots in some precincts. Because of the large turnout, the Iraqi election commission met in emergency session and extended voting for one hour after long lines were reported at some sites, said commission official Munthur Abdelamir. Heavy participation by Sunni Arabs, who had shunned balloting last January, bolstered U.S. hopes of calming the insurgency enough to begin withdrawing its troops next year.

Dons_Donzi
12-16-2005, 09:04 AM
well, thats great...
for those of you who havent had the luxury of experiencing Iraq... its nice this time of year... not quite where i want to be spending Christmas, but hey... i guess i am in the middle of this historic event.

thanks for all the support from the folks back home... this is my second time here in the past couple of years...

i hope the children grow up with a different attitude, and i hope we made a good difference in their lives.

Don...
Balad Air Base
Iraq

Schnook
12-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Don,
Thank You and Merry Christmas!:beer: