PDA

View Full Version : Beach Getaway ... No developments

sanleonkid
12-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Anyone ever spend any time in Mexico / So America in a beach town that was / is not developed? I'm looking to get away for a while.

MOP
12-14-2005, 08:48 PM
It is getting tougher & tougher, I being an old fart got to enjoy a lot of places that now are so commercial it really sucks. When I go down to CR I am thinking about flying to Nicaragua to a beach a buddy said is still real sweet with no one around. I need to get the info from him, I know you can't get there by road only boat or plane. I will try to catch him and post it up here.

Phil

gcarter
12-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Try Zihuatenejo. This is the former hangout on the Pacific for Mexico City highrollers before Ixtapa was built.
It's on a beutiful circular bay that geologically probably is a caldera.
I used to stay at the Hotel Irma which was terraced up the mountain side about 100' above the beach. Zihuatenejo is really rustic. If you want excitement, go just ten miles up the coast to Ixtapa.
It's located between the Ixtapa airport and Ixtapa. Or about 150 miles North of Acapulco.
Another out of the way place I always wanted to go to was Puerto Angel which is about 100-200 miles South of Acapulco. It used to be hard to get to. A lot of formerly difficult places now have airports and scheduled service.

JPR
12-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Zihuateneho is great, if you travel about 45 min's north of there you will find a little place called Troncones. Not developed, amazing beach, a couple of good surf breaks nearby, really amazingly low key place. Find it by googling, I was there three years ago. Amazing place, nothing to do but read, drink cerveza, swim, walk the beach and eat.