PDA

View Full Version : Hull step questions..?

Dons_Donzi
12-13-2005, 12:11 AM
i've heard there were some changes in the early versions of the stepped hull on the 28 ZX... 96-97? some relocations in the step lengths and locations, some slippage in high speed turns?

just looking for info... i've never had problems with my 98 28zx, but i DO drop my drives a bit... if i know i'm gonna cut hard. But its like she's on rails...
anyway... dont want to "slip up"... let me know if anyone knows the scoop.

also... was that with a single engine, or was it a factor with twins...?
its WAY more stable with twins than any single i've been in.
:shades:

undertaker
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
PM Shangied Again (Frank Civitano) he has a wealth of knowledge on the older 28 ZX . Good luck..:smile:

Undertaker

Lenny
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Yep, the steps were changed on the 38. When I am not sure. As for the 28, I do not know. TedM or CDMA will know this.

Last Real Texan
12-13-2005, 03:31 PM
i've heard there were some changes in the early versions of the stepped hull on the 28 ZX... 96-97? some relocations in the step lengths and locations, some slippage in high speed turns?
just looking for info... i've never had problems with my 98 28zx, but i DO drop my drives a bit... if i know i'm gonna cut hard. But its like she's on rails...
anyway... dont want to "slip up"... let me know if anyone knows the scoop.
also... was that with a single engine, or was it a factor with twins...?
its WAY more stable with twins than any single i've been in.
:shades:

I have a 97 twin step 27 ZX. I was told by the man himself that designed this boat that the hull really did not change until 2000. Yes after 98 they added a bigger pull vent to the same step that I have. I believe in 2000 they also moved the steps as well....take it for what is worth.

Bryan